The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How do people do it??

Walley

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2%
Oct 1, 2007
I look at sites like flippa and digitalpoint for websites once a while and I see websites that have been established for 2-6 months claiming to be making anywhere from $200-$1000 per month from advertisements. Can someone experience in this shine some light on this topic for me? Why sell when you can just make several of these and start collecting passive income?

Thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

throttleforward

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Oct 30, 2009
Washington DC
It's not about emulating some "get rich quick" scheme - it's about providing value in an area in which you have some expertise, passion, or knowledge. What areas are you already experienced in/are an expert in? How can you use your knowledge or experience to help others? Only when you figure that stuff out will you be able to provide value to people - value that can translate into money and a successful business venture.
You can find it and do it!

NHS

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 16, 2010
A lot of those people are lying.

HAHA I was gonna type something like this but then decieded I didn't want to ruffle any feathers.

I used to film and edit for a popular internet news show. You know the kind on youtube etc. We never made a cent.

So how did we make money you ask? Simple we had a famous CEO that was very good at convincing wealthy people to invest in the company. We never made a profit.

I do make money on the internet as a content provider. Doesn't make me rich but pulls in a nice 6 figures.

By the way ThrottleForward your website is a fantastic idea. In these tough economic times people freak out and thats a wonderful site. IF there is ever a chance for me to get in on that I would be very interested.

bflbob

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jul 25, 2007
Endicott, New York, United States
I'm studying with a guy now who has done that in the past. He creates sites that have value and answer questions. He sells Amazon affiliate products on the site, along with his own information products.

He puts a LOT of time and effort into the site for 30-60 days, then rides the income wave. When traffic is near what he feels is the peak, he sells. He knows that he'll need to spend a lot more time to rejuvenate the site if he keeps it.

As he explains it, the monthly income is his 'spending money' and the sale price is his 'retirement fund' money.

exon

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jun 29, 2009
Croatia
As in everything else in business - when you did it once, it's no problem to do it again.

For me there is no problem to make a site that make more than $1k in 30 days from now. My goal is site that make at least $100k/mo. and I still have problem with that.

Once you know the formula you can always repeat it and improve it. But on the other side, I could never give you right information on $200k/mo business because I had never acomplish that.

My highest monthly EBIT profit was $20k in car export/import business. And I could do it again without problem, perhaps even much more. But, when I started this business I had uncle who gave me $70k and I had $30k of my hard earned money. Bad investments and money has gone.

What "I" know is how to make that $30k that was mine and I can do it again the same way but it will take 5-7 years. This $70k was given to my hands over night - all I had to do is ask for them (not possible any more :)). So problem is in that I don't know how to get $70k over night without borrowing money (missing link or missing formula). If I started this business from scratch I would know how to do it again.

Two years ago I didn't know anything about online business as well as Lead generation, cpm, cpc, php, msql, cms... But now I know how to make $1k/mo with lead gen or cpm and I can do it all over again.

I bet that you cuold take MJ anywhere in the world, give him internet connection, notebook and credit card with $300 and he will make business that makes $200k/mo in far less than one year.

So Walley, at the end, "How do people do it??" - you have to figure it out by yourself and you will have your own formula "How to do it"

My answer to "why not make several of these and start collecting passive income?" is because it is better to have ONE business that make $1k/mo. than TEN busineses that make $100/mo.

Niche

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Jul 5, 2009
These people do do it and it's not by doing anything out of the ordinary.

Taking a site to an income of $2000 a month if you are motivated is not a big ask.
Work hard, try and figure out what works and stop wasting time on what doesn't.

Personally my main focus is article marketing and that, if done properly can send you a ton of buying traffic

I know some people are sceptical and maybe it's true that some of the people claiming certain incomes from their websites are lying, but some of us are making that kind of income by just keeping our heads down and working hard

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
Build site
spam seo
earn for 1 week till it tanks
spoof with junk traffic
sell it to you