The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How do life circumstances affect you?

Anything related to matters of the mind

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
620%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
I live in America in the 21st century, this shit is on easy mode. And I won't argue with anyone about it.

I deal with life's circumstances by either fixing something if it is a problem, or not caring about it if it's not a problem.

A lot of people pretend to want something, so when there is a fake issue, they can point to it and say "See, I tried, but that pesky ______ got in the way" when they were just afraid to confront the real issues that required any emotional strength or effort whatsoever.

Nobody says they failed because they were a bitch.

Most problems and obstacles are not real, you just hear the excuses enough that it's socially acceptable to use them as an authentic reason for quitting.

It doesn't even take THAT much mental or emotional strength, it just requires that you do not lie to yourself.

Hearing these common excuses and listening to people defend them is a litmus test for telling if they are part of the "not gonna make it" crowd. And they always defend their excuses with extreme emotion. Usually a few childish ad-hominems thrown in.

SaasPassion

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Jan 21, 2022
How do life circumstances affect your ability to achieve your goals, and how do you deal with them?
I personally have ADD, and I have learned to manage my times in a way that will turn the disorder into an advantage.
It's interesting to hear how people deal with different issues. And it could also help other people here who are facing the same problems as yours.
Cheers.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ismail941

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
May 7, 2019
Circumstances will be a "piece of cake" once you know how to deal with them.
Great people have this mindset: "Thrive in Chaos"

Jobless

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Jun 8, 2017
EU
I probably have the opposite of ADD. I am very patient, obsessive, focused.

Maybe this is also a disorder, because there are drawbacks to this also.

Key for me was to get obsessive with something that is productive in the long-term. A business. Providing value somewhere.

If I didn't, I'd probably spend 12 hours a day optimizing useless stuff in a fictional reality-- Like a video game, or academia. Worst of all, I'd enjoy it just as much!

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
How do life circumstances affect your ability to achieve your goals, and how do you deal with them?
I personally have ADD, and I have learned to manage my times in a way that will turn the disorder into an advantage.
It's interesting to hear how people deal with different issues. And it could also help other people here who are facing the same problems as yours.
Cheers.
Routine. I get up every morning and put one foot in front of the other. There's no pending decision to make. I don't have to think about it. There's no slacking off. This is what I do each day. Period. End of the story.

But you say -- how do I feel about that rut -- er, routine? Ah, that's the rub -- what happens if I pay attention to that wild hair moment? What if I do something different? Here's the power of having a set daily routine to get all the necessities out of the way -- IF I don't do what I always do, nothing goes right. I feel out of step and awkward. Have you tried putting your pants on differently from the way you usually do it? What leg do you usually put in that pant leg first? How does this all work?

Humans create routines so they don't have to do familiar chores and tasks one step at a time. Those tasks and chores just flow naturally because they become part of our daily cycle.

Now, here's the secret. Within my daily routine, I schedule times to dream, think, read, learn, and try new things. I even have "free" time periods that I fill with all kinds of interesting stuff. It's all in a day's work. When I have those wild hair moments, I write down the idea, and then I just put it off until I get to that time slot on my schedule. It keeps my life from being like the hoarder's house on TV. I take care of the daily chores and then I get to explore all kinds of stuff. And reserve a lot of time for fun stuff these days...

LiveEntrepreneur

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Aug 17, 2017
Australia
Cheers.
Myself probably, more specifically my mind. I'm my worst enemy sometimes when it comes to solving problems. There are external stuff of course but I don't find them to have much of an impact as my mind. I think most of whatever you're trying to accomplish is a mind game. Like a successful business, yeah there are other stuff like product that people want, etc, but a lot of your battles will be in your mind, same with doing exercise. You're mind is telling you that you can't do it or you make excuses, I think if you master your mind, these obstacles become much easier to overcome.

How do I deal with them? Tbh I haven't figured it out, but I guess I just realize things along the way but also getting into ruts alot and finally getting out because of realizations, so trial and error also plays a part.

A.Windhelm

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Dec 29, 2020
I worry that I'm not good enough, or smart enough to do this. I even wish I was born a man sometimes, I am comfortable in my body but it feels like my emotions are constantly changing and so is my mind. I am also socially anxious from years of trauma. Yet, despite these insecurities I'd rather be dead than give up on my dreams. I keep moving forward, even if it's painful. I want to succeed.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
Cheers.
I think the material, resource, physical and financial well being that I am born to, make me at least have a head start than most people living in the world and definitely above the average person living in my country. So really there is nothing worth or deserving complaining.

The only thing I could think of if I had been exposed to the start-up culture and risk taking attitude earlier rather than later. This is because the environment that I was bought up with rewards someone sufficiently well by “playing it safe”, at least extrapolating from history. There is lack of more entrepreneurial role models by and large in the city state. In Singapore the richest in the Forbes list are business people who own banks and real estate companies. So this environment and limited scope of view actually prevents someone to imagine what is really possible.

It was in the 2014-2016 era that suddenly business and entrepreneurship were cool and everyone talks about it. Then I realised that there is a different way looking at life options.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
I worry that I'm not good enough, or smart enough to do this. I even wish I was born a man sometimes, I am comfortable in my body but it feels like my emotions are constantly changing and so is my mind. I am also socially anxious from years of trauma. Yet, despite these insecurities I'd rather be dead than give up on my dreams. I keep moving forward, even if it's painful. I want to succeed.
We've all felt that way. Everyone has doubts. At least now "they" will let you try. You can do it too.

I was doing commercial appraisals years ago when the good 'ol boys came after me. I didn't know that women couldn't do that job. What???? Those men actually told me that. Uh???? I had trouble composing my face and not laughing in theirs. There's was only 7% of women in that field at that time... But, they were too late. I was already successful when they discovered me working in their space. And I doubled down on it. I became an expert witness in Federal and State court. I used to think it was fun when I was up against them in court. I was a real thorn in the sides. But, I made sure that I worked harder and I was better educated than the men were. I made sure that I was SO nice to them. I was a young, tall, blond, and they treated me like a bimbo. It was my greatest advantage.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.