The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
get one client. prove all this crap in your head right or wrong. you'll never know and will always wonder if you don't try.

go fail.

-------------------
we've somehow lost the desire to succeed by going and getting our a$$ kicked / failing / crashing and burning.
i tell students i need them to go fail SO spectacularly that they name it after them. from now on, everyone will know not to 'Rebecca' it.

@JLE you have all these bullshit reasons in your head this won't work. i know two ladies personally. both started in your industry at the same time. one got a job at the local gym and started taking on clients. she makes over $100k per year. the other talked about all the reasons it wouldn't work. she still hasn't started and beats herself up all the time.

you already have proof people want your product. go deliver and get paid for it.

here's some stuff i've put online for all the people in the same spot you are in.
View: https://youtube.com/shorts/qDG6XjGcSBA?feature=share

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKOtceF4Dm4

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
G

Guest931Xfjyx

get one client. prove all this crap in your head right or wrong. you'll never know and will always wonder if you don't try.

go fail.

Didn't know you had a Youtube channel. I browsed through a few of your videos and now have a better understanding of what you're about. You're really making an effort to provide value in my life and I honestly don't want to disappoint you since you're trying so hard.

Objecting to your encouragement is likely going to be rightfully met with scorn, but truthfully, as said over DM — I don't think I'm ready. Getting to a place where I know I'm ready will take time. I know others have accomplished far more with far less, but it doesn't feel right. I don't feel accomplished enough in order to be deserving of this, even if it's possibly within my grasp.

I'll tell you exactly what I would like to do. This is my list of action-fakes, that take time, but could eventually result in an income from online coaching/bodybuilding:
Continue physically building myself as a bodybuilder
2. Once built sufficiently, compete in a bodybuilding competition and hopefully place well
3. Advertise myself online as a bodybuilder on Instagram, possibly Youtube, and possibly TikTok
4. Be helpful and acquire a following in the bodybuilding and fitness niche
5. Acquire in-bound clients from my online following as a bodybuilder

That's the plan I have in mind. I know of guys with only 12k Instagram followers clearing over $500k a year from their online coaching service. They're of course the radical exception, but their success still exists. I only mention the above as I want to make clear where I'm coming from: I do have a plan in place. It's not optimized, it's not great, but it definitely seems feasible with time and effort.

I'd enjoy doing a call with you this Wednesday if that's still a go. I have my responses to your questions prepared.

Cheers.

G

Guest931Xfjyx

For example:
Tiktok is littered with 16 year-old/17 year-old/18 year-old guys, very obviously new to the gym, making instructional videos about how to perform basic lifts. A lot of them are making the exact same videos that all of their peers are making as they're regurgitating what every dominating voice in the field has said due to not having the original experiences to share ideas of their own.

I get the reason for them doing this... I appreciate the entrepreneurial spirit they show... It's great that they're ambitious...

But seeing these kinds of videos and then a link to their online coaching email seems highly disingenuous. I'm not convinced they're experienced and I doubt anyone else is either, and that's fundamentally why they don't resonate with anyone. It's not their fault, but people are going to form these snap-judgments, especially in a field like fitness where everything is increasingly growing more competitive and based on appearance and experience.

If you can imagine the antithesis of a 16-year-old TikTok'er that's new to the gym making videos; someone who is very clearly large and strong, has a history of competitions, actually sharing unique experienced lived — he has immediate credibility — there's a track record.

I actually got this concept from Alex Hormozi and it really resonates with me. He's fundamentally said the same thing in many different ways. A few are: "People want the respect before the hustle" or "Don't build confidence. Build evidence. Confidence comes as a result of evidence. Not the other way around" or "There is an unspoken question in everyone's mind that must first be answered: Why should I listen to you?" or "Do more cool shit and then you'll have cool shit to talk about, rather than regurgitating other people's stuff."

That's the basis of where my personal branding ideas have came from. It's why I think I should build myself up more first before diving in. I feel too unprepared. I don't think I would if I had a better track record.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Or you take the offer of several that have said they would help you by being clients and letting you F*ck it up and GET SOME EXPERIENCE so you can put imposter syndrome to the side and start helping people.

What if you are wrong?

SO on one side we have you with no business experience and massive imposter syndrome.
On the other we have a bunch of successful people saying to 'just get started, you'll figure it out'.

Up to you. Yep, call is still on for Wed.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Amusingly enough even one of the personal trainers has complimented me at the gym I frequent and seems not to object to the advice I publicly give. I know the gym manager recognizes me too as I no longer get carded upon entry since I'm there so regularly. I'm completely convinced they'd grant me a few hours as a personal trainer were I to ask for employment there but I don't believe they would allow competition in their place of business.

That being said, maybe you're right about the people I help being willing to hire me. It may be my limiting belief as it's not an unreasonable thought.

You're right, I misinterpreted your post originally.

I know this is going to seem like an excuse, but if I don't have any warm leads, what would be your next recommendation? I feel as if I don't have any warm leads.

Join online/offline communities and be helpful? Start a social media? Cold email?
If you don't think of them as "warm leads" you'll realise there's lots of people who already know, like, and trust you ... and know what you do.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Skimmed your convo with @ZCP

You're in your own way @JLE. All your obstacles are in your head.

"Overthinking is the art of solving problems you don't have."

You get confident by taking action.

You become an expert by doing.

How would you advise someone who wants to go down the gym but is too nervous to? Do that.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
@JLE and I have a call scheduled Wed

in the meantime, what are two things @JLE should be proud of so far?
Not many people are willing to publicly show how uncomfortable they are when trying to get out of their comfort zone. Most disappear and don't reply.

G

Guest931Xfjyx

Posted this in the self-promotion thread but also wanted to post it here:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Want to get into the best shape of your life?

I'm offering a full month's worth of online fitness coaching that includes a diet, supplementation, and training regimen custom designed for your strength and appearance goals!

A lot of you need some extra accountability. Lose the love handles and actually have some abs for the first time in your life!

I've been weight training for the past 13 years, intend on competing in my first bodybuilding competition soon, certified as a personal trainer through NASM, and live and breathe fitness around the clock. If you're looking to finally make a change and willing to put in some effort — I can change your physique and life for the better.

I would normally charge $200 per month for this service but this February of 2023 and in preparation for the summer you can have your very own personal trainer for 24/7 email and phone contact at only $20 a month.

DM me to get started.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Ok, who is taking him up on his offer? Who will help him and hold him accountable?

If you are NOT interested, post 'why' so we can help him with his offer.

For me, he needs to add a zero ... 2000, 200
and add a story for why you are doing it, your proven 4(or whatever) step plan for results, and a guarantee.
@JLE read $100M offers by Hormozi
make an offer they would be stupid to refuse

Two people from the forum, get involved and take him up on his offer.
It will help you in your business!

Cano

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jun 3, 2022
Germany
Want to get into the best shape of your life?

I'm offering a full month's worth of online fitness coaching that includes a diet, supplementation, and training regimen custom designed for your strength and appearance goals!

A lot of you need some extra accountability. Lose the love handles and actually have some abs for the first time in your life!

Ok, who is taking him up on his offer? Who will help him and hold him accountable?

lets do it!

check your dms.

G

Guest931Xfjyx

So, @JLE , what are the next steps?
Just signed on @O1i as a client! He's my first paying client and he seems very ambitious.

I won't reveal too much out of respect for his privacy but he's definitely got the right attitude going into this. Going to send him a plan to start by the end of today and keep him accountable through email/text every day towards his fitness goals.

---------------------------------------

Next steps for online coaching are to keep finding more people to help!

I'm only charging $20 for this month of February, so if anyone else is interested please do send me a DM!

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
@JLE watch a few videos on offers .... .like this one
View: https://youtu.be/pxVeOkOVr2w

then REWRITE your offer above.
have a compelling call to action.
then update your marketplace ad as well

KSR

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Feb 28, 2017
Australia
Dude, DM me.

I run a marketing agency, I'll put up a quick landing page for you. My website is below, you can check it out.

My site:
DNGN - Creative Marketing Agency | Website Design, Digital Marketing, Branding, Support

What you'll need though:
- A domain (like, $10 a year)
- A linktree account (free is fine)
- Content

What we'll do:
- Host for free for the first year ($300 value)
- Design and develop it for free

I don't use this forum much, so please DM us on Instagram @dngnagency and we'll see it.

Also, if you're not 100% committed, please don't take up this offer, we're flat out and this will be costing me money personally. So, if you're going to bail after 3 days, I'd appreciate it if you didn't waste my time and resources.

However, if you're going to actually try and turn this thing into a legit business, DM us and we'll sort you out.

G

Guest931Xfjyx

Dude, DM me.

I run a marketing agency, I'll put up a quick landing page for you. My website is below, you can check it out.

My site:
DNGN - Creative Marketing Agency | Website Design, Digital Marketing, Branding, Support

What you'll need though:
- A domain (like, $10 a year)
- A linktree account (free is fine)
- Content

What we'll do:
- Host for free for the first year ($300 value)
- Design and develop it for free

I don't use this forum much, so please DM us on Instagram @dngnagency and we'll see it.

Also, if you're not 100% committed, please don't take up this offer, we're flat out and this will be costing me money personally. So, if you're going to bail after 3 days, I'd appreciate it if you didn't waste my time and resources.

However, if you're going to actually try and turn this thing into a legit business, DM us and we'll sort you out.

Going to decline your offer. I have experience in developing websites with HTML, CSS, Javascript, SASS, TailwindCSS, ReactJS, and NextJS. I additionally know how to purchase a domain with hosting. Content easily outsourced to ChatGPT.

I need targeted leads. Not a website.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Going to decline your offer. I have experience in developing websites with HTML, CSS, Javascript, SASS, TailwindCSS, ReactJS, and NextJS. I additionally know how to purchase a domain with hosting. Content easily outsourced to ChatGPT.

then why not take him up on his offer while you work on doing adspend for targeted leads AND do some direct marketing in your networks? AND you'd have another fastlaner to talk to and help each other.

I'm saying this to @JLE but i'm also saying it to EVERYONE coming behind....
so much close mindedness .... so much fear ..... so much 'i just need ______, and then i'll make it'.
if you knew what you needed, you'd already be there, right?

work TOGETHER

BigRomeDawg

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
223%
Jan 22, 2014
Canada/USA

Thinking small bro.. Does $1m/yr fitness coach JLE F*ck around with writing CSS? Or is he focused on bigger things?

This dude looks like he's crushing it with his agency. You think he doesn't understand the bigger picture of a website? AKA to generate leads? Maybe, just MAYBE he knows something you don't.

BigRomeDawg

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
223%
Jan 22, 2014
Canada/USA
relay your experience
Superspreader Media... 'nuff said. @ZCP client #1 when I had no reputation or experience in this industry

You see power in people they don't see in themselves

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
@BigRomeDawg didn't think he could do it .... we just got him started. he can do it. really well.
now he has a badass company helping others......

AND he doesn't do stuff that he could get others to do better! he focuses on the part he is amazing at!!

(actually, @JLE you may want to hire him to put together some initial assets!)

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Dude, DM me.

proud of you and appreciate you! THIS is what this community is about! SO many companies have started here.....

KSR

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Feb 28, 2017
Australia

No stress mate, was doing it as gesture of goodwill.

It was literally me utilising my resources to provide you something for free. We literally just charged someone $5k for the same thing I was providing to you for free as a means to get you a leg up on your competition.

A website helps generate leads and draws traffic + gives your audience somewhere to go and learn more about you, then you can retarget them through marketing campaigns.

But anyway, good luck with your business!

David Fitz

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jan 30, 2020
Ireland
My girlfriend is a personal trainer.

She just joined a mentorship program with a guy called Phil Graham.

G

Guest931Xfjyx

I have not done anything to progress as an online coach over the past 10 days. I have a justification for this (albeit, one nobody here will likely agree with).

In short: I want to be a bodybuilder. I'd like to market an online coaching service as a bodybuilder. I know of many bodybuilders who do this and can earn a modest living from their efforts. I don't even have unrealistic standards and I'm more than aware I could replace my 9-to-5 entirely with only 12 clients at $200USD billed monthly.

The problem is: Why would someone want to hire me as their online coach when more accomplished bodybuilders are available offering their services for the same price? Imagine if MJ DeMarco started telling everyone how to become a millionaire before ever making a million dollars — nobody would ever listen to him, and rightfully so. I may be in drastically better shape than the average person, but I am not in better shape or equal shape to my competition in the market.

I need to match or surpass my competition so that when I begin releasing social media content to build an online following, and then hopefully a few clients, that I'm seen as a credible source. Would you rather take advice from a master pianist or someone who plays piano kinda alright? Someone who's decently good at chess or a grandmaster? An actual millionaire or someone who claims to be?

There's so many false guru's and I don't wish to be another.

G

Guest931Xfjyx

I'm wagering 1.5 to 2 years of personal effort to reach the point where I'm of equal/greater value to my competition. Perfectly happy to make that commitment and would do so without the promise of money as I love this sport. I think I would have the confidence to start putting myself out there once I truly do feel as if I'm actually worthy of the title. I don't believe I'm presently accomplished enough to be seen as a credible source of information as a coach, especially one charging $200USD a month.

KSR

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Feb 28, 2017
Australia
You should be a case study for paralysis by analysis.

G

Guest931Xfjyx

Life's a game. Right now I'm playing terribly, at least in my financial skill.

I'm 25 years old. Born in Florida, immigrated to Ontario. Married a Canadian girl. Have an apartment in a metropolitan area. Got a small dog. No debt and no college and no car. Very much in-shape. But I work minimum wage 7 day's a week and have seemingly no marketable skills.

For those of you that are financially successful in life, how would you play my game better? What should I do to level up? My biggest issue is finances.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.