The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How do I keep the fastlane mindset?

Anything related to matters of the mind

B. Cole

In thine hand is power and might.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
328%
Mar 5, 2017
East Coast
Chronic incremental progress. A small win stimulates you to want to win again. Don’t let the excitement from the win of the day fade, hurry up and get the next small win. Create your constant motivation cycle.

Immersion in conversation with other legit fastlaners in between wins helps. You’ll want to share your progress, hear about theirs, and you’ll soon find yourself owing others progress updates and getting excited to make headway so you can report it to them. Starting a progress thread will steer you toward this, just handle the lack of views early on with grace. The audience will come when you start proving value, and your ability to attract colleagues from the forum will blossom, leading to more motivation.

nickgraham1234

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Apr 16, 2019
California
Hi guys. I am an 18 year old first year in California. I have always had an entrepreneurial mindset, since I discovered eCommerce in high school. Now, I am working a part time job for about 16 an hour, and going to school part time completing my Business degree. I am worried that I may be headed into the slow lane. I do want to finish my degree at the least, to make my parents happy, but I have a feeling after college my current mindset will fade. Everyone I know, family and friends are planning on securing a 9-5 wheelchair job. What are some ways you guys remind yourself where you want to be in life, or ways to keep the fast lane dream alive? Thanks in advance. -Nick

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

nickgraham1234

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Apr 16, 2019
California
Reminders, vision boards, affirmations, podcasts, books...after a while it should just be a part of your mindset.
My problem is, I will go in and out of phases. I will be super motivated for a couple months, then it will fade and I will lose track. Thank you for your response!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
aCJBmRQ_YEHgZMEbnnPOJ7OQWUeACrXO4mclqTGlSLA.png

quote-when-asked-why-he-wanted-to-climb-mount-everest-because-it-s-there-george-leigh-mallory-392267.jpg

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
Let me ask you this:

What will your life be like once you're in the fastlane?

What's your vision?

What are your dreams?

What gets you up in the morning?

What are you passionate about?

ds_groundupbiz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Oct 9, 2018
Houston, TX
Hello Nick, I find that re-reading the Millionaire Fastlane frequently / scanning over it as well as being an active member on this forum will be great reminders of the Fastlane

Also other people (some you love, cherish, and respect) will remind you subtly of how mediocre the sidewalk and slowlane are and you will be subconsciously reminded of how much you don't want to end up there. These are just my opinions :)

nickgraham1234

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Apr 16, 2019
California
By putting up Lamborghinis as your wallpaper on your phone,laptop,wall,board etc(LOL).

Just Saying...
yes, ahead of you on this one. I am a huge car guy, so one of the main reasons I want to be on TFL. Went to Monterey car week last year and saw multiple million+ dollar cars owned by people only 5-10 years older than me. That's going to be me someday at Monterey car week, mark my words ;)

Jonas Napier

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jun 4, 2018
Copenhagen, Denmark
Now, I am working a part time job for about 16 an hour, and going to school part time completing my Business degree. I am worried that I may be headed into the slow lane.
I have been in a similar position and I found that thinking about your current situation as part of the work that must be done in order to achieve the dream is very helpful. When I was 18 I wanted to become a pro volleyballer and had no interest in finishing school or the job I had as a temp.

But then I started to imagine myself being in a training camp where part of the training was doing all the boring work stuff so I could finance my "real" training. Totally changeed my attude because I had a new kind of motivation.

Doing something similar might help you out...

Good luck

Jonas

P.S.
It took 5 years to get there but in the end I got to play professional volleyball for 5 seasons playing abroad in Europe; Holland, Portugal, Belgium, Chzech rep., Italy and France.

B. Cole

In thine hand is power and might.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
328%
Mar 5, 2017
East Coast
Easiest way is probably to give @ZCP your cell number so everyday he can hound your a$$.

Chop chop! :rofl:

Process

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jul 19, 2017
Solving Pain
Rips in your muscle make them bigger and stronger.

It's the same way repeated reps in the fastlane give your ego small rips but make you smarter and tougher. You'll feel the burn at the moment, but look back with pride since they're badges of honor.

PS: Leaving California might help you too.

nickgraham1234

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Apr 16, 2019
California
Rips in your muscle make them bigger and stronger.

It's the same way repeated reps in the fastlane give your ego small rips but make you smarter and tougher. You'll feel the burn at the moment, but look back with pride since they're badges of honor.

PS: Leaving California might help you too.
Why would leaving California help me?

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
By putting up Lamborghinis as your wallpaper on your phone,laptop,wall,board etc(LOL).

Just Saying...
I have a snapshot of the following post on my laptop wallpaper.

It's a good post to remind me of things, whenever the 90% failure statistic looms over my head...

You seem to like odds, probability, and statistics...so I'll chime in here.

The latest research shows that business partnerships have a 70% failure rate.

Compare that to the overall business failure rate (which includes partnerships), of 50% in 5 years and 70% in 10 years...and you have the exact same probability of success.

Wasn't Amazon started by one person? Ebay? IBM? E*Trade? GoDaddy? Dell? EDS? Wrigley?

THIS is exactly why you are hearing so much about mindset.

There literally are no "rules" to entrepreneurship other than the law and your own personal code of conduct.

Here's my mindset about statistics:

7 out of 10 businesses fail?

I DON'T CARE.

I'll repeat that.

I. DO. NOT. CARE.

Why?

Because everything in my life is MY fault.

If my business fails (and I just had one that failed and dropped my net worth 75%+), it isn't because 7 out of 10 businesses failed...it's because *I* did something that made it fail.

I either screwed up and made bad decisions, or I didn't put in the effort required, or I picked a business that didn't have the possibility of succeeding to begin with.

All of that is mindset. All of it.

Here's another way my mindset works:

What if my current business fails?

Again,

I DON'T CARE.

Why?

Because I can always start another one.

I care deeply about my ultimate goal of maintaining my autonomy and freedom, but I could care less if any one specific pursuit fails to get me there.

Every time I improve my mindset I improve my life/business.

I can't say the same about specific steps I take to get there though.

nickgraham1234

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Apr 16, 2019
California
I have a snapshot of the following post on my laptop wallpaper.

It's a good post to remind me of things, whenever the 90% failure statistic looms over my head...
Hey, didn’t see this until now. That’s a great post, thank you for sharing :)

Strm

Mamba Mentality!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
221%
Feb 4, 2018
Estonia
My current wallpaper - it is good to see it the first thing as I open my computer. My mind is well set towards fastlane and never going back but sometimes it is nice to have this extra boost. Even if it comes from some "cheesy" quote or a Lambo pic!

nickgraham1234

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Apr 16, 2019
California
Let me ask you this:

What will your life be like once you're in the fastlane?

What's your vision?

What are your dreams?

What gets you up in the morning?

What are you passionate about?
Thank you. I'm going to write these down and look at them every now and then.

nickgraham1234

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Apr 16, 2019
California
Hello Nick, I find that re-reading the Millionaire Fastlane frequently / scanning over it as well as being an active member on this forum will be great reminders of the Fastlane

Also other people (some you love, cherish, and respect) will remind you subtly of how mediocre the sidewalk and slow lane are and you will be subconsciously reminded of how much you don't want to end up there. These are just my opinions :)
I am currently on my first run of TFL, I definitely will read it again. I agree, the people around me are sadly perfect examples of where I don't want to be. Thanks for the reply.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.