The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How do I go Fastlane as an Attorney?

InfinityStones

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Apr 6, 2019
Hello

I have read Millionaire Fastlane x2.

I am aware that MJ talks about exponentially increasing personal value so that third parties can you pay you large amounts for your service.

He also talks about taking cases that result in large payouts.

Other than these 2, are there any other suggestions from the tribe?

Curious,

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Everyman

Get To The Choppa!
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Dec 31, 2015
Ireland
How can you sell your service/knowledge or whatever you have to offer (what problem do you solve with your lawyer service?) that will constitute fastlane so e.g. sell 1 million units of lawyer service for 1$ ? Or 10 000 units for 1000$ a piece?

What problems do you encounter in your daily lawyer life that could be replicated and applied so possibly impact thousand x 1000$ (1000x1000$ = 1M $)?

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
Hello

I am aware that MJ talks about exponentially increasing personal value so that third parties can you pay you large amounts for your service.

Curious,
Do you specialize in something?
Trade law? Divorce law? Criminal law? ...

Bhanu

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Oct 23, 2017
Start a Youtube channel and provide information there for free. Build a big enough audience and then give them your services at an affordable cost. Your entire focus should be to provide as much value as possible to the people who really needs your help . This task will be tough but if you keep at it I am sure you will have enough clients to become a fastlaner.

bootstrapper

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Jan 26, 2020
United Kingdom
Hello

Curious,

There's potentially a very easy way for you to do it-- if you are doing business law, then take payment in equity instead of in cash. If you are doing this for cash-flow producing companies/assets, then this is an easy way to pick up extra cash flow and to FastLane yourself.
If that's not possible now, then look for opportunities like that :)
Many smaller real estate deals would love to have the services of an attorney in exchange for 1-3% of the deal, as opposed to paying cash (which costs them money, which means more financing...). Find where these people hang out and you will have plenty of opportunity.

kevcon80

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Dec 16, 2019
I've wanted to build a company that manages payroll, taxes, etc. for remote teams (teams with employees in multiple areas). Demand for a product like this is almost guaranteed, but the issue is that I'd need to partner with someone like you who could spend the hours necessary to understand the extensive legal requirements to create the system.

Maybe you can partner with a technical founder like myself to create a service utilizing your ability to handle complex legal issues. If the above sounds like something you'd potentially be interested in, let me know. I'd be willing to re-visit that business idea.

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
How about a guide/ebook for all those difficult tests you guys have in university, for students. I mean there probably are some out there but I’m just throwing a digital product idea, you might know how to give it your own twist.

Chitown

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Apr 14, 2009
Culver City
Hello

Curious,
Do your version of LegalZoom but dominate a specific area of law. Tech, biotech, intellectual property, new media, climate, etc. I like the idea that @Bhanu had about starting a YouTube channel. If you provide enough value you'd be surprised how many subscribers you'd gain. Start running ads for a webinar you produce and upsell other services to the folks who optin to your email list.

Check out Valuetainment and Billy Gene on YouTube. Just my two cents. I wish you well.:smile2:

biggeemac

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jun 25, 2011
There would be countless ways for an attorney to create a fastlane business. Ask yourself what you could possibly do to put many attorneys out of business. Educating the public would be a good start. I have a buddy that is an attorney that knows financial crimes law. He is considering teaming up with my brother, who is a programmer, and developing software that would be disruptive. A lot of $500 an hour attorneys would suddenly have to work harder, or for less money, if this software is developed.

Conscripted

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Sep 16, 2019
Missouri
Kind of like the doctor app they have now how about a lawyer app. Get some licensed lawyers to answer law questions through an app that offers legal advice for a fee. Maybe a face to face possibility.
I could see this working. A lawyer on demand video conference app. Have a few lawyers on payroll that each specialize in a different area of law.

A customer could pay a nominal fee to have a rental agreement reviewed or a contract evaluated.

SEBASTlAN

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Dec 22, 2014
Los Angeles
If you provide enough value you'd be surprised how many subscribers you'd gain.

That just reminded me of Legal Eagle, a YT channel with a lawyer who provides tons of great free content. I believe he sells master classes on how to ace your legal exams.

classichouse

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Feb 1, 2017
Germany
Youtube is the power. We in germany have a guy his name is christian solmecke. He has a big youtube channel (>500.000 subs). He talks about general questions in law and in special media law related topics (make sense @ youtube). In an interview he told the reporter that he has hired more then hunderd lawyers to do the leads from youtube. He makes a shitton of money. :smile2:

Here is his youtube channel:

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
Becoming a lawyer is a costly and long process.

Could you fast-track that process and lower the chances of failing, and increase the chances of succeeding. i.e create a online course that helps you prepare to become a lawyer/pass the bar, pass exams etc.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
Hello

Curious,

How can I go fastlane as an attorney?

Isn't that like asking how can I go fast with a Ferrari?

First learn to drive, then get in and press the damn accelerator!

DaRK9

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
May 23, 2014
There's potentially a very easy way for you to do it-- if you are doing business law, then take payment in equity instead of in cash. If you are doing this for cash-flow producing companies/assets, then this is an easy way to pick up extra cash flow and to FastLane yourself.
If that's not possible now, then look for opportunities like that :)
Many smaller real estate deals would love to have the services of an attorney in exchange for 1-3% of the deal, as opposed to paying cash (which costs them money, which means more financing...). Find where these people hang out and you will have plenty of opportunity.
FYI in most states that's against BAR regulations.

To OP I'm building a SaaS in the legal field if you have any questions or want to know more just let me know. Automating your practice is also very simple to do and can increase your caseload immensely.

bootstrapper

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Jan 26, 2020
United Kingdom
FYI in most states that's against BAR regulations.

To OP I'm building a SaaS in the legal field if you have any questions or want to know more just let me know. Automating your practice is also very simple to do and can increase your caseload immensely.

can you tell i'm not a lawyer :) ?

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
What does the legal industry need? Identify a need, then come up with a solution. Don't limit yourself as having to be an attorney... think about the legal field as a whole.

The biggest issue here is scaleability. As an attorney you can only work with 1 client at a time. How could you change that?

I'll draw a parallel... what if someone asked "How can I go fastlane as an accountant?" My answer would be something like TurboTax. Maybe you could come up with some type of product that allows people to do DIY legal services for simple tasks.

That's what scalability means.

Jeff Noel

Go all in.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada
The people that require your services 99% of the time won't know anything about the law. It's something people expect to pay a LOT for.

I'd go full Tai Lopez and start teaching people specific law "bundles" for "cheap" (Limited time offer ! Only $297 !).

Imagine the ads.

Are you an homeowner ? Do you plan on owning real estate ? Our lawyers built a quick course to show you the legal tricks to earn/save more (work on the copy, but you get the point) !

TheWriter

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jan 24, 2020
A cool place
Hello

Curious,

A lawyer who doesn't know how to make money :jawdrop:

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
Hello

Curious,
What’s the need/market demand in your space?

What I learnt from watching shark tank is that there is an industry of lawyers making money from taking copyrights infringement cases.

There are people who gets patents on every horse sheet and sue unsuspecting business owners for money. Like an “extortion” racket. Lol

kevcon80

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Dec 16, 2019
I think everyone here is missing the point. Just because he's a lawyer doesn't mean that his best bet is to productize his service. He should find an entrepreneurial opportunity that has insane NEED, but no competition due to a high barrier to ENTRY of legal expertise. Most founder types can't compete, and if he needs the technical support it'll be easy to find a technical co-founder.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
@InfinityStones do you currently operate a successful business? If so the world is your oyster.

Scale it!

Walter

Martin.G

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jan 31, 2019
Argentina
Today I saw a video about a woman who earn $1.2 million a year, and how she spent. I don't know how what get to my feed, but I gave it a chance. She is a doctor, a profesional like you, but what it catch my attention was she said she earn almost all of her money in a business. She didn't tell so much about that, except that it was related to her profession. There you have the answer, maybe a business related with your expertise. Perhaps a software, I am an computer engineer so my ideas are so my ideas tend to that niche. A service that another lawyer can use and simplifies his work.
I don't have many experience in your area, but I am curious what kind of ideas can arise here.

TheWriter

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jan 24, 2020
A cool place
Today I saw a video about a woman who earn $1.2 million a year, and how she spent. I don't know how what get to my feed, but I gave it a chance. She is a doctor, a profesional like you, but what it catch my attention was she said she earn almost all of her money in a business. She didn't tell so much about that, except that it was related to her profession. There you have the answer, maybe a business related with your expertise. Perhaps a software, I am an computer engineer so my ideas are so my ideas tend to that niche. A service that another lawyer can use and simplifies his work.
I don't have many experience in your area, but I am curious what kind of ideas can arise here.

Can you share the link of that video?

FierceRacoon

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jun 1, 2019
There is a Russian website Юридическая консультация онлайн - бесплатная помощь юристов и адвокатов 24 часа в сутки where you can get legal advice online, often within an hour, at an affordable cost; you set the cost upfront and if you allocate more money, it's a way to get faster response / higher-rated attorneys. You'd commonly get 2-3 opinions if your question is intelligently asked and then you get to divide the amount of money you have allocated between the responders, proportionally to how you perceive their contribution.

While every case is unique, this is a surprisingly solid option for many practical situations when you just need a reasonable legal advice and quickly. You can try to replicate the platform by first finding a technical co-founder.

rollerskates

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Jan 10, 2017
Texas
What’s the need/market demand in your space?

What I learnt from watching shark tank is that there is an industry of lawyers making money from taking copyrights infringement cases.

There are people who gets patents on every horse sheet and sue unsuspecting business owners for money. Like an “extortion” racket. Lol

There's a reverse side of this for an attorney who knows IP law: writing an e-guide on avoiding IP violations. Trust me, there's TONS of Etsy sellers who could use it. Then again, like a lot of things, the market that needs it will probably ignore it.

Also, in my experience with what I've paid them, much of lawyering is fast lane. I remember that all one lawyer had to do for me was write a letter and they got 25% of my PI award.

But I do think some kind of legal-stuff-you-can-do-yourself might be a good idea.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.