The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How do I advertise my business with a Facebook business page?

Marketing, social media, advertising
D

Deleted74925

I've spent a few hours reading tutorials about how to waste time on social media (I mean how to promote your business with clever, brilliant, breakthrough Social Media Strategy).

The problem: I created a FB business page and I know exactly what groups I would like to post an add to. I just added new content to my site and it will be helpful to many people in these groups. I can join using my personal account but have not been able to find out how to join as a business page.

For example, this post below says that you should have an option to join a group as a personal or business page, but this doesn't appear for me.

A related question: Does anyone know how to change the link thumbnail photo with FB and Wordpress? I tried using YeastSEO's feature to change the thumbnail but it wasn't working.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
Does anyone know how to change the link thumbnail photo with FB and Wordpress?
You've got to change the "Feature Image" in Wordpress. Open the page/post, and on the right-hand side you should see the option. Looks like this:
setting-featured-image.png

Alternatively, you can try to change it from the Yoast SEO plugin at the bottom of the page, under the "Social" tab.

Now it may not instantly change on Facebook because it is caching stuff. So you could try something like www.yourdomain.com/yourlink/?test=1 instead of www.yourdomain.com/yourlink/ to force the cache to refresh.

The problem: I created a FB business page and I know exactly what groups I would like to post an add to. I just added new content to my site and it will be helpful to many people in these groups. I can join using my personal account but have not been able to find out how to join as a business page.
Not all pages allow you to join with a business page. If the page allows you to join with a bpage, then it will ask you to choose after you click Join. If it doesn't, then it will join with your personal account automatically.

Also, if you're trying to do the post clickbaty video - then re-target group members who watched 3s or more of the video with an ad - you can only do that successfully in groups where you can join with the page. In many other groups, the post gets removed, even if you re-share it from your page with your personal account.

D

Deleted74925

You've got to change the "Feature Image" in Wordpress. Open the page/post, and on the right-hand side you should see the option. Looks like this:
setting-featured-image.png

Alternatively, you can try to change it from the Yoast SEO plugin at the bottom of the page, under the "Social" tab.

Now it may not instantly change on Facebook because it is caching stuff. So you could try something like www.yourdomain.com/yourlink/?test=1 instead of www.yourdomain.com/yourlink/ to force the cache to refresh.

Not all pages allow you to join with a business page. If the page allows you to join with a bpage, then it will ask you to choose after you click Join. If it doesn't, then it will join with your personal account automatically.

Also, if you're trying to do the post clickbaty video - then re-target group members who watched 3s or more of the video with an ad - you can only do that successfully in groups where you can join with the page. In many other groups, the post gets removed, even if you re-share it from your page with your personal account.

Thanks for the tips on FB posts. I did try changing the featured photo but it hadn't updated. Probably due to the cache.

Good to know that the FB setting wasn't there. I did try posting on a personal account but then removed it. Afterwards the admin posted publically "a lot of people have been trying to promote their own products on here.... yadayadayda." So he isn't friendly to that sort of thing. It makes sense that they turn this setting.

I guess that's why people start FB groups - so they can control people. Maybe I can start my own.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.