The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How do I act as an export agent?

Bercha

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jun 22, 2013
Hi there, my 1st post on here :)

I'm looking to start my import/export business.

What I have done until now is-

• Found a product I will be exporting
  • Researched the product I will be exporting
  • Am in talks with some embassies about importing stuff

My question is, how do I actually find the contacts for export?

I will have no problem picking up the phone and doing 100 cold calls a day when importing stuff, but I dont think its fastlane or cheap when dealing with the international call fee's, even using skype.

Is it possible to find leads for exporting goods by simply cold emailing, and never follow up calling?

Any links, books or any content on this particular topic is very welcome.

Thank you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bercha

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jun 22, 2013
contact exportnow.com

Hi, thanks for your reply.

exportnow seems like a good site and to my understanding its for exporting to China?

Unfortunately I am from Europe, and the product is meant for export and use in Europe.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
I dont understand your question. What exactly do you want to do? In Europe there is no "export" due to free trade. You just ship your stuff to other EU countries with no extra effort..

Bercha

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jun 22, 2013
I dont understand your question. What exactly do you want to do? In Europe there is no "export" due to free trade. You just ship your stuff to other EU countries with no extra effort..

Ok then, I'm acting as a sales rep with a commission who has to make sales outside of my own country, in europe.

Lets say there is no question, but i'm just asking for advice on how to make those sales happen.

Thanks.

Pershing

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
424%
Jan 25, 2012
Hi Bercha,
I know an agent in the food and clothing industry. He has been doing this for decades and has an international network of concacts, agents like him and buyers. He always knows what the market wants and at what price, so he looks for sellers which want to make a deal at the price of a given time.

I've just started with this new job, agent/broker. I think you should specialize in one or two markets. If you want we can chat about this.

Where are you from?

I'm from Italy

Bercha

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jun 22, 2013
Hi Bercha,
I know an agent in the food and clothing industry. He has been doing this for decades and has an international network of concacts, agents like him and buyers. He always knows what the market wants and at what price, so he looks for sellers which want to make a deal at the price of a given time.

I've just started with this new job, agent/broker. I think you should specialize in one or two markets. If you want we can chat about this.

Where are you from?

I'm from Italy

could you PM me your skype screen name?

Pershing

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
424%
Jan 25, 2012
hi Bercha, are you still working on the project?

merryrows

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Mar 23, 2013
I would like to have a chat with you too. I'm going into this kind of business also. can i get your skype id?

Sabbir Rahman

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 4, 2017
Australia
Hi,

Yes, it is possible to find leads for exporting goods by simply cold emailing. You can approach the foreign agencies, foreign wholesalers, and also connect with buying agents.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.