• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

How do entrepreneurs invest?

Discussion in 'Investing/Trading/Cryptocurrency/Altcoins' started by Dufresne, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Dufresne

Dufresne New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $31
    As a BIG fan of MJ and his books, I'm a firm believer that true wealth is created by making smart investments in yourself, and your business as opposed to the compound interest fallacy. But I'm curious, how do entrepreneurs invest their excess cash? I'm not sure there's a definitive answer, but wonder what techniques are being used by business owners.

For me, I look at retirement plans (i.e. 401(k)s, SEPs, etc.) as a way to mitigate tax liability and have my investments grow tax-deferred using a variety of highly liquid, low-cost index funds. However, I also balance the need to have liquidity in my business and personal life to allow me the flexibility to reinvest back into my business or another alternative investment, i.e. real estate. Thus I've been looking at money market accounts through online, FDIC insured banks with rates hovering around 2.3% to park my cash. But when I review my financials YoY and see that my business has increased 40%, it's hard not to want to reinvest everything!

Interested to hear your thoughts on this and any strategies used that have proven to work well. Thanks.

2. 100k

100k Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,824
    Great strategies, if you want to be in the middle classes.

If you want to be rich - then you'll need to invest in things that will give you a little higher return than 1-8%.

The rich park their money in the stock market and real estate (some make their money in the real estate) - but for the most part, the wealthy become wealthy from business ownership i.e starting a business or investing in an early start up and realize exponentiation growth or a big exit down the road.

Read MJ's book again and again. All the info is there.

/ Edit ... sorry re-read your post.... looks like you're already running a business and have some spare cash to throw at things. I'll let others chime in that are already where you are. Me; I'm still in the "everything on black" i.e all my $$$ goes into my business(es) faze.

DEYONTA likes this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.