The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

How do 2 owners of an LLC get paid?

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Eholic

New Contributor
Apr 6, 2020
United Kingdom
Hello,

So a business bank account will be opened for a LLC company which has 2 members each owning 50%.

How does financing work in such case?

Can each member have their own separate bank account?

How does each member get paid?

Can there be a case of one being more dominant than the other, or is everything 50/50 in every aspect of LLC banking?

Please address each question above as they are equally important.

Thank you in advance!

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows from Dreams
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jan 14, 2013
The Underground
3-Months Post Prediction

So, my partner turned into a real POS. How do I get him out of the business without giving up half of the company? How do I get out of the company without losing my a$$? Should I continue this business or cut my losses? Please address each question above as they are equally important.

Answer to question 1: Pay a professional
Answer to question 2: Pay a professional
Answer to question 3: Pay a professional
Answer to question 4: Pay a professional

You want to be in business you gotta act like a business owner. Search for your answers first. If you don't find the answers to your very specific questions, then search for "who should I talk to about X?" Then pay X to give you answers to your very specific questions that will have very real, legally binding consequences for you whether you act on them based on professional advice, or advice you got from people on a forum.

Ronak

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Sep 13, 2013
You didn't even clarify the country you're talking about-- a UK LLC is VERY different from US LLC. Agree with @Lex DeVille , hire a professional to help you, it will be worth it.

BizyDad

Know Thyself
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
I am talking about a US LLC.
But you also didn't specify member managed or manager managed.

What does your operating agreement say? Of course members have their own personal bank accounts, but the company gets its own account and depending on facts you failed to provide, one or both members may be signers on the account. Hypothetically, the business could have 2 accounts and each manager uses them separately. Most of the time this probably isn't necessary, and if you think it is, then you probably need a different partner or you need to become a better partner. Financing has little to do with bank account set up so what's your real question there? Members can get paid in one of several ways, please be more specific. And again, your last question can't be answered without knowing more details you haven't provided.

If these questions are really important to you, and stop me if you heard this before... Talk to a pro.

At the very least, do some google searches to explore what the options are, and the legal and tax consequences of each.

Ronak

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Sep 13, 2013
You get paid by having the LLC write a check- either as salary, or a distribution of profit. Tax consequences depend on your tax home, state of organization, etc, and you'd be liable for tax regardless of whether there are distributions.

Sorry for not addressing each of your equally important questions

Raoul Duke

This aggression will not stand, man.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Feb 26, 2016
Rock. Paper. Scissors.

That is all you need.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Hi - can you DM me your info and I will send on some proper links. I could type it out but it...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
It's an affiliate link, so it's hard to give those up! The affiliate links are automatically...
MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
I would suggest you change the free book to paid as soon as possible, and use the revenue to...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
A week ago someone asked if one of my courses is still relevant (referring to the Upwork...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Thanks for clearing that up. What do you recommend for those who are still in the process of...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
I have not offered one of these in a while, but it looks like I have time to take on an...

What are Fastlaners Currently Reading?

Forum Sponsor

Grow an online business:
- Start immediately!
- Master business skills!
- 100+ Fastlane students enrolled!
Review & Details >

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads