The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How can you maximize your chances of becoming a multi billionaire?

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
Actuallly, anyone who asks this question on an internet forum has a chance of becoming a billionaire higher than most.

The next Monday, when the fathers were all back at work, we kids were playing in a field. One kid says to me, “See that bird? What kind of bird is that?” I said, “I haven’t the slightest idea what kind of a bird it is.” He says, “It’s a brown-throated thrush. Your father doesn’t teach you anything!” But it was the opposite. He had already taught me: “See that bird?” he says. “It’s a Spencer’s warbler.” (I knew he didn’t know the real name.) “Well, in Italian, it’s a Chutto Lapittida. In Portuguese, it’s a Bom da Peida. In Chinese, it’s a Chung-long-tah, and in Japanese, it’s a Katano Tekeda. You can know the name of that bird in all the languages of the world, but when you’re finished, you’ll know absolutely nothing whatever about the bird. You’ll only know about humans in different places, and what they call the bird. So let’s look at the bird and see what it’s doing—that’s what counts.” (I learned very early the difference between knowing the name of something and knowing something.)

My father taught me to notice things. One day, I was playing with an “express wagon,” a little wagon with a railing around it. It had a ball in it, and when I pulled the wagon, I noticed something about the way the ball moved. I went to my father and said, “Say, Pop, I noticed something. When I pull the wagon, the ball rolls to the back of the wagon. And when I’m pulling it along and I suddenly stop, the ball rolls to the front of the wagon. Why is that?” “That, nobody knows,” he said. “The general principle is that things which are moving tend to keep on moving, and things which are standing still tend to stand still, unless you push them hard. This tendency is called ‘inertia,’ but nobody knows why it’s true.” Now, that’s a deep understanding. He didn’t just give me the name. He went on to say, “If you look from the side, you’ll see that it’s the back of the wagon that you’re pulling against the ball, and the ball stands still. As a matter of fact, from the friction it starts to move forward a little bit in relation to the ground. It doesn’t move back.” I ran back to the little wagon and set the ball up again and pulled the wagon. Looking sideways, I saw that indeed he was right. Relative to the sidewalk, it moved forward a little bit. That’s the way I was educated by my father, with those kinds of examples and discussions: no pressure—just lovely, interesting discussions.

Richard Feynman (1918–1988)

Sequential

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Aug 8, 2017
UK
Providing MASSIVE value.

It is how all billionaires made their money. I don't think most of them concentrated on optimal ROI, rather they concentrated on what product most people require and sold it. Microsoft being a good example. The money just came with it.

The only reason I would want to be a billionaire is realistically, for carefree private jet travel. I am tall, so economy or business doesn't cut it, which leaves First Class, but even then you have to deal with issues like TSA inspections. Let alone the actual time wasted.

Ecom man

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
496%
Apr 17, 2014
You are asking the wrong question.

The current percent of billionaires in the world is 0.00002481002194450517%
Let's say you double your "chances" by doing everything that everyone on here said, everyone on reddit said (since this is more a Reddit question), and everything you could fine online. Now your chance of becoming a billionaire is now 0.00004962004389%. Better odds but still not anywhere close.

A better question would be what do most billionaires do that normal people don't. The answer to that will get you much better information.

Billionaires don't work 20-40 hours a week. They work 80-100.
Billionaires don't work a job. They own/build businesses.
Billionaires don't quit because it gets hard. They find a way.

Do those 3 things and you just might have a shot.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
To become a billionaire you have to sacrifice A LOT, have you thought about whether it's worth the sacrifice?

Assuming "multi billion" is at least 2 billion...

That's 2,000 million dollars.

Why do that when I can have the life I want for .5% of that amount??

Hell, that makes 10 million look easy haha

LPPC

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Mar 6, 2016
Assuming "multi billion" is at least 2 billion...

That's 2,000 million dollars.

Why do that when I can have the life I want for .5% of that amount??

Hell, that makes 10 million look easy haha
Exactly brother, you get it ;) You can't even spend 2 billion dollars (on yourself) in a meaningful way, unless you want to do charity... which is a worthy goal actually.

Mido

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
May 29, 2017
EGYPT
You are asking the wrong question.

The current percent of billionaires in the world is 0.00002481002194450517%
Let's say you double your "chances" by doing everything that everyone on here said, everyone on reddit said (since this is more a Reddit question), and everything you could fine online. Now your chance of becoming a billionaire is now 0.00004962004389%. Better odds but still not anywhere close.

A better question would be what do most billionaires do that normal people don't. The answer to that will get you much better information.

Billionaires don't work 20-40 hours a week. They work 80-100.
Billionaires don't work a job. They own/build businesses.
Billionaires don't quit because it gets hard. They find a way.

Do those 3 things and you just might have a shot.
A closer number would be to look into startup combinators. SV angel invested in 750 companies and 23 turned out to be unicorns. This is almost a 2% probability.

Another reason to aim for a billion is that if you aim for the moon you might reach the stars.

SquatchMan

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
383%
Dec 27, 2016
Nowhere
Seeing as how most billionaires I've read about had a sales job at one point in their life...

I'd get a job in sales in a high growth industry and then look for needs to fill (Mark Cuban and Ross Perot are two billionaires that did exactly this).

EvanOkanagan

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
378%
Aug 2, 2013
Easy way to make 5 Billion:

Assuming you can make a 50% profit-- Sell $1 "I'm Helping Mido Become a Billionaire!" stickers to 10 Billion people.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
How can you maximize your chances of becoming a multi billionaire?

Start with 100,000,000,000

Even if you lose some, you're still at that level.

Easy peasy.

Ornlu The Wolf

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Aug 8, 2017
Mongolia
Hello OP and anyone wanting to become a multi Billionaire.

Most people in this forum are not even Millionaires. So asking advice on how to become one is actually a waste.

However I am in the same boat as OP is, I too want to become a self made Billionaire.

You need at least 2 BN to be a multi-billionaire.

I assume you understand what being a Billionaire is:

You have a net worth (assets minus debt) a total of 1,000,000,000 all in US dollars to be clear.

Sure you can become a billionaire in another currency very early, but let's keep the bar higher.

Someone mentioned there are 0.0000000000X people who are Billionaires, so your chance of being one is slim.

This is a wrong way to look at this because it's not a lottery. The self made ones made their own odds.

There are more than 2000 people in this world who have a net worth of at least 1BN.

There are more than 30 million people who are millionaires. Which is a good news.

Some facts about the avg billionaire:
  • Many of them earned their billions in diversified investments and businesses.
  • The avg age of a Billionaire is 65 (long way for me to go)
  • All of the self made ones own one or more businesses.
The top billionaires like Bill Gates:
  • They innovated/shaped an industry
  • They were passionate about something and they would still do it if no money was involved.
  • They made something which everyone in the world wanted.
So yes being a Billionaire or Multi Billionaire is possible.

Yes it will take time, but think of ways you can deliver something to lots of people. Start a business, flip it, invest the money and within 20-30 years you can too become one.

Work your way up from smaller goals:

1 Million
10 Million
100 Mill
1 Billion
2 Bill

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Ill bite:

A) Start with $50,000,000
B) Move to the Bay Area
C) Hob nob and make it known you are funding startups.
D) Start allocating money to anything that has a wing-and-a-prayer.
E) Wait.
MJ, being a venture capitalist isn't the only way to be a billionaire, you know?:rofl::rofl::happy:
And I think it's one of the toughest routes...considering that most startups have quite weak needs to begin with....that way, even being a VC might be like being a gambler.

:rofl::rofl:
#landfill
Second that.
Is it me, or are threads like these popping up more often?!

GetShitDone

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Dec 20, 2012
Canada
Unlike most, I'll take your question seriously.

I'm from tech start up land: Elon Musk, CEO job titles, unicorn valuations, venture capital, flying cars, all that.

Nowadays, most new billionaires become billionaires from tech valuations (unicorns, IPOs, etc) due to speculation of company value, scalability of tech, and disruption of tech in all industries.

Most of the most recent billionaires have made their billions from simply using technology to take a significant % market share of an entire industry.

• Look at what will BOOM in the next 5-10 years (eg. A.I, Machine Learning, 3D Printing, Biometrics, etc) What is the next "Internet", "App", "Smartphone", etc in the 2020s?
  • Innovate in those fields to disrupt a certain industry that is "disrupt-able"
  • Raise shit tons of cash on the back of your vision and SCALE, SCALE, SCALE.
Obviously Fastlane principles still apply to this, but you get the general idea of HOW billionaires become billionaires in today's world.

If you really want this, don't bother paying attention to irrelevant statements like "ONLY 2,043 PEOPLE ARE BILLIONAIRES AND THERE ARE 7.5B PEOPLE IN THIS WORLD!!!!! THAT'S A 0.00000000000000001% CHANCE! ZOOMGGGGG IDIOT"

Because at the end of the day, statistics like that mean nothing to your question when 99.99999999999% of people aren't even trying to be billionaires.

If you really want this, immerse your entire being into the world of the following: a disruptable industry + a future innovating technology.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
Why are people obsessed with this billionaire shit?!

Chances are you're nowhere near making that kind of money especially since you posted this question.

Focus on the road, mate or you could crash and die.
Way
to
go
New guy!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads