The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How Can I get People To Buy With My Website?

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

CommanderTwig

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Jun 2, 2022
I got my twitter account to blow up to 600+ followers and lots of people have been dm me but I'm unsure how to close these people into buying my service. I can get the attention but closing them is confusing me.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CommanderTwig

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Jun 2, 2022
Are you able to expand on this?

What are people DMing you about?

What services are you *wanting* to sell them?

What services do they *need*?
I am trying to sell web3 web service to crypto and NFT on twitter and people have legit DM me asking for price but I can't seem to close them. They need services as in code to make their crypto work.

EarlOfChina

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jul 8, 2017
UK
I am trying to sell web3 web service to crypto and NFT on twitter and people have legit DM me asking for price but I can't seem to close them. They need services as in code to make their crypto work.
1) What kind of price level is it?

2) Are you jumping on calls with them?

3) Do you know how your pricing compares with competitors?

CommanderTwig

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Jun 2, 2022
1) What kind of price level is it?

2) Are you jumping on calls with them?

3) Do you know how your pricing compares with competitors?
I don't know number 3 so I'll look into this. And I think maybe because I don't have previous work and I ask for payment upfront they are afraid I will do a bad job or are getting scammed. And yes I am hopping on calls with them. I go from twitter and get their telegram/discord. I also have been cold calling businesses daily. I've called like 200 so far but no luck on that end. So far my clients paying me have been people in my network.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
So you already have results from paying clients? Can you tweet about the results?

Why are you trying to sell from your website when people are DM'ing on Twitter? It sounds like it's too early to sell from your website since you're not able to sell after chatting to people yet.

Can you message back and forth, and hop on calls with people who you think you can help?

Can you help them there and then, without trying to sell anything? Find out what everyone's struggling with, and why? Find out how to help them quicker and quicker each time?

Record the calls. Post the full recording, or 5-10 min snippets. Post shorter sub 60s snippets.

Maybe don't just restrict yourself to Twitter, but also post to TikTok, YouTube, etc?

Consider getting people into a Discord or Facebook group and helping in there too. You'll see what comes up all the time and can create content to answer those FAQs. Personally, I don't want to create communities and would rather help in public. But they have many benefits so don't discount them.

Also consider free and paid email newsletters. Again, I'm not doing this because I prefer my content to not be behind an opt-in, but I may change that later.

Maybe watch the recent chat l had with @mikecarlooch on his podcast, and the recent chat I had with @xShepherdx about selling a (marketing) service.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Oh, and consider removing the word "close" from your vocabulary...

CommanderTwig

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Jun 2, 2022
So you already have results from paying clients? Can you tweet about the results?

Why are you trying to sell from your website when people are DM'ing on Twitter? It sounds like it's too early to sell from your website since you're not able to sell after chatting to people yet.

Can you message back and forth, and hop on calls with people who you think you can help?

Can you help them there and then, without trying to sell anything? Find out what everyone's struggling with, and why? Find out how to help them quicker and quicker each time?

Record the calls. Post the full recording, or 5-10 min snippets. Post shorter sub 60s snippets.

Maybe don't just restrict yourself to Twitter, but also post to TikTok, YouTube, etc?

Consider getting people into a Discord or Facebook group and helping in there too. You'll see what comes up all the time and can create content to answer those FAQs. Personally, I don't want to create communities and would rather help in public. But they have many benefits so don't discount them.

Also consider free and paid email newsletters. Again, I'm not doing this because I prefer my content to not be behind an opt-in, but I may change that later.

Maybe watch the recent chat l had with @mikecarlooch on his podcast, and the recent chat I had with @xShepherdx about selling a (marketing) service.
Yeah I will definitely expand to the other social media too, twitter for me was just easy because I just post some copywriting headline and make it blow up. With a video it takes tons of time and effort to blow that up because graphics are necessary and good video making skills. It seems that people in particular with NFTs are struggling with making code to mint the NFTs so I know that if I market my ability to have code that already does this I can just sell the code to them so they don't have to spend the effort researching how to do this. And yeah the issue is that I am still in college so getting a sales job is not an option right now. However I do graduate in spring. I have just been selling websites to people like MJ. I sold one to my professor at my school even hahaha. I just want to focus on web3 because I know it's the future and there is massive market there.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

mikecarlooch

Apprentice & Student Of The Game
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
346%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
Oh, and consider removing the word "close" from your vocabulary...
Darren Hardy said something similar that I really like. Something along the lines of “remove the 4 letter word “sell” from your vocabulary. Change it to a new 4 letter word… “help”.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
good point, thanks for pointing this out, I must learn more skills
Ah. Whenever you hear yourself say "I need", "I must", or "I should" then be very careful. It often preceeds a limiting belief.

Whenever someone else says those words to you, then be careful of *them*. In my experience they're either not very experienced, or are selling you something.

Regarding what you said... I don't think you must learn anything, never mind learn new skills.

Maybe check out "What if you already know enough?" in my signature.

CommanderTwig

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Jun 2, 2022
Ah. Whenever you hear yourself say "I need", "I must", or "I should" then be very careful. It often preceeds a limiting belief.

Whenever someone else says those words to you, then be careful of *them*. In my experience they're either not very experienced, or are selling you something.

Regarding what you said... I don't think you must learn anything, never mind learn new skills.

Maybe check out "What if you already know enough?" in my signature.
Alright man thanks, maybe I do have an unconscious limiting belief, and yeah I learn more from execution I agree

CommanderTwig

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Jun 2, 2022
Darren Hardy said something similar that I really like. Something along the lines of “remove the 4 letter word “sell” from your vocabulary. Change it to a new 4 letter word… “help”.
People still have to send you money though, I'm not doing volunteer work

mikecarlooch

Apprentice & Student Of The Game
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
346%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida

Please SEARCH before posting.