• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

2. Forum *Official* Book Discussion
    Influence, The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert Cialdini

The forum has voted to discuss this book. Grab it and let's discuss!
    Buy: Buy | Discuss: Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion(Review | Discuss)

INTRO How can I get a refund?

Discussion in 'Forum Introductions (Who are you!?)' started by Chipstix, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Chipstix

Chipstix New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $58
    Only kidding :hilarious:

Forum intro's can be a bit awkward, and there's nothing particularly remarkable about me.

Left school with only GCSEs at 16, spent the first 10 years of my career in sales repping, which taught me a lot. I later learned about futures trading and with some prep managed to fork my career (without any degree) and spent a year doing futures stat arb on a proprietary trading desk with a london prop firm.

I was offered an interesting chance to get into marketing for a london finance firm, which proved invaluable as I learned all about digital marketing and lead-gen from the trenches. When the firm blew up in the credit crunch I carried on with internet marketing as a freelancer and have been working in digital growth ever since.

I read MLF a few years ago and it totally rang a bell for me. I'm halfway through unscripted audiobook atm.

Trying to weigh up my strategy for the next ten years, happy to be here to brainstorm and pick up a few crumbs of expertise along the way.

Roli, ZF Lee and André G. like this.
  2. Primeperiwinkle

Primeperiwinkle Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,705
    Welcome to the forum!
    Happy to have you.

3. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $396,459
    Admin Post
    Welcome aboard, glad to hear it isn't for a refund! LOL.

Roli, Chipstix, ZF Lee and 4 others like this.
  4. AshrafI

AshrafI Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $303
    You made me click. I love that.

I'm about to do my GCSEs in about a year's time, and I just wanted to ask one question. Did doing well in your GCSEs help you anywhere by assisting you in your current career or do you regret dropping out of school after your GCSEs?

Roli and ZF Lee like this.
  5. Ernman

Ernman Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,055
    Welcome to the forum.

Saiful likes this.
  6. chinny

chinny PARKED

Rep Bank:
    $6
    Great stuff. I also work for myself in Digital Marketing - lead generation - with a similar-ish background to you. Are you still based in London?

7. rpeck90

rpeck90 Silver Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,916
    I dropped out after the first year of A levels - you can see my CV here. As a caveat, I only did that because I was able to get a job. If I didn't get a job, I'd have stayed in school and kept sleeping in computer class.

To answer your immediate question, no. In the real world, results count far more than GCSE's. You'll be able to attest to this when you turn 25 and start seeing dumbasses doing better than you because they took bigger risks.

All those idiots who put their life into getting 10 A*'s will either end up in some idiot middle-management position, or as another middle-class slave (doctor, dentist etc). If you disagree with this, try getting a mortgage with your GCSE scores. Or perhaps a business loan. You'll quickly realize how little they matter.

Case in point our shadow education secretary....
    education.png

GCSE's are important inasmuch as they give you options. For that reason, it's strongly recommended you at least do your best to get them under your belt. After that, reject the system and work on building up your own assets/skills. University is a scam UNLESS you are genuinely interested in being middle class. If you aspire to wealth, you need to focus on taking/building market share.

AshrafI and FiftySeven like this.
  8. Mass

Mass It's about time Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $314
    I think this is more indicative of the state of our politicians than anything else. There's another MP who's just come out of Prison for fraud and is still a MP, go figure that one out? Same political party too...

Not saying that you need a education to succeed just that maybe using a politician as a example isn't the best way to illustrate your point.

AshrafI and GSF like this.
  9. Chipstix

Chipstix New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $58
    Clickbait - its a marketing trait ;)

I can't say I did very well with my GCSE's either. However, no regrets not taking 6th form/college/uni. Totally agree with MJ/FLM that conventional education routes are a total waste of time unless you want a proper "job". You can teach yourself everything you need to know and start actually doing it, in far less time than it takes to get "qualified" to do something.

Not anymore. I moved out to eastern europe, though still have UK clients: the beauty of working over the internet!

AshrafI likes this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.