The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

How and when to relaunch a customer?

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

tiffany-zuc

PARKED
Jan 28, 2020
Hello,
I had to negotiate a contract two weeks ago. I received a positive oral response, and sent the legal documents for signature.
Except that two weeks have passed without response. Having relaunched the client last Thursday, we set up a call today which was to conclude with the signing of documents.
Having contacted the client without success and having left a message on his voice mailbox, I wonder when I should raise and in what format (phone call, email)? Knowing that the situation is urgent, but that I don't want to make the client feel it.
How should I do it?
Thanks in advance.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
May 27, 2013
United States
Hello,
I had to negotiate a contract two weeks ago. I received a positive oral response, and sent the legal documents for signature.
Except that two weeks have passed without response. Having relaunched the client last Thursday, we set up a call today which was to conclude with the signing of documents.
Having contacted the client without success and having left a message on his voice mailbox, I wonder when I should raise and in what format (phone call, email)? Knowing that the situation is urgent, but that I don't want to make the client feel it.
How should I do it?
Thanks in advance.
Sounds like this not a priority for them, or perhaps they are reluctant for some reason.

My suggestion, get them to say No, and you'll get the full story, as well as more urgency from their side.

For example: Your next email (or voicemail), say something to this effect:

Hi Client,

We missed you on the scheduled call Thursday.

It seems like this deal is not a priority for you. Do you want to abandon the re-launch?

This will prompt a fast response, with them saying "no, no, no, we still want to do the re-launch. I missed the call because x,y,z urgent situation came up and I forgot about it. Let's do another call this afternoon".

Or, they'll say "You know, I skipped the call because I was having second thoughts about the deal because x,y,z and wasn't sure if I wanted to proceed anymore".

If #1: Great, you get things moving.

If #2: Great, you might discover what objections they have, and be able to address them.

Getting the other side to say "No" usually prompts a fast, and apologetic, response. It makes them feel like the bad guy, without accusing them of anything.

Give it a try, and let us know if it worked and what they say!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Thanks for sharing. I want a course to optimize for other than Google engines.
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Welcome to 2020, I wanted to add in a quick note about gratitude for the new year...

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock