The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How a Drawing i made in 2013 lead me to my first Sell

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

D3kaB1u3

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 14, 2019
Zulia, Venezuela
So, how it happened?

It was an ordinary weekend in 2013, I was unemployed as i stated to have a sabbatical year after graduating in 2012 and actually i had no idea what to do with the rest of my life... I was dreading the idea of having a job that meant not having time to keep drawing or practicing (but i´ll leave this part for another story), that weekend we had no internet at all, i was frustrated to not having service to watch videos or talk with my friends over skype... So what i did? I took on a drawing i did in 2011

(Note: The logo that appears here is not mine, only the Vehicle depicted here)

And just for the fun of it and to practice something i watched earlier that week, i chose to make an updated version, having this as a result:

And both Jets were consistently used on the Group´s comics and fanarts, particularly this commissioned piece of a user outside of the group that featured the second jet:

At this point it was really surprised and happy to see the positive reaction that everyone gave to my vehicles and i fave every cameo appearance of my jet on their comic pages.

Fast forwardto2015, i was unemployed and struggling to have a source of income, my equipment was reliable but still outdated, so i set up a Commisions Journal for my drawings, they weren´t the best back but i was determined to succeed... Then the very first day of December that year, a PM popped up on my inbox, there the user stated that he was collabing with the guy who commissioned the group pic (the crowded image above) and while checking the profiles of the credits, he stumbled upon my jet design, by recommendation of his partner, he came to me and asked me if i could do a ship design for his Hero Team. I was caught off guarded. I kept my cool and remained as professional as possible (even though i was still an Amateur) i gave him a Base price (using my ongoing commissions journal from that year) i offered him to do it for $20, the colored design, he was ok with that and we closed the deal.

After a few days with minor edits, the Commission was completed:

And he was satisfied with the final result. At the end of this i made my first $20 and i still couldn´t believe it. It´s at this point that i tasted Success, it wasn´t enough to buy an updated drawing tablet or any piece of equipment but it was a good start.

And everything started with an image made on a weekend without Internet... And this wasn´t my only success as i was able to repeat the magic in different ways years after. Living off drawings isn´t easy as it looks as it is a very competitive market, not much of a quality but more of popularity and eyecatching it is to the potential customers, still, it is possible to succeed with this saturated category and it´s a story for another post as well!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Hai

Beauty is Truth
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jan 1, 2015
So, how it happened?

It was an ordinary weekend in 2013, I was unemployed as i stated to have a sabbatical year after graduating in 2012 and actually i had no idea what to do with the rest of my life... I was dreading the idea of having a job that meant not having time to keep drawing or practicing (but i´ll leave this part for another story), that weekend we had no internet at all, i was frustrated to not having service to watch videos or talk with my friends over skype... So what i did? I took on a drawing i did in 2011

(Note: The logo that appears here is not mine, only the Vehicle depicted here)

View attachment 28634

And just for the fun of it and to practice something i watched earlier that week, i chose to make an updated version, having this as a result:
View attachment 28635

And both Jets were consistently used on the Group´s comics and fanarts, particularly this commissioned piece of a user outside of the group that featured the second jet:

View attachment 28636

At this point it was really surprised and happy to see the positive reaction that everyone gave to my vehicles and i fave every cameo appearance of my jet on their comic pages.

Fast forwardto2015, i was unemployed and struggling to have a source of income, my equipment was reliable but still outdated, so i set up a Commisions Journal for my drawings, they weren´t the best back but i was determined to succeed... Then the very first day of December that year, a PM popped up on my inbox, there the user stated that he was collabing with the guy who commissioned the group pic (the crowded image above) and while checking the profiles of the credits, he stumbled upon my jet design, by recommendation of his partner, he came to me and asked me if i could do a ship design for his Hero Team. I was caught off guarded. I kept my cool and remained as professional as possible (even though i was still an Amateur) i gave him a Base price (using my ongoing commissions journal from that year) i offered him to do it for $20, the colored design, he was ok with that and we closed the deal.

After a few days with minor edits, the Commission was completed:

View attachment 28637

And he was satisfied with the final result. At the end of this i made my first $20 and i still couldn´t believe it. It´s at this point that i tasted Success, it wasn´t enough to buy an updated drawing tablet or any piece of equipment but it was a good start.

And everything started with an image made on a weekend without Internet... And this wasn´t my only success as i was able to repeat the magic in different ways years after. Living off drawings isn´t easy as it looks as it is a very competitive market, not much of a quality but more of popularity and eyecatching it is to the potential customers, still, it is possible to succeed with this saturated category and it´s a story for another post as well!

Awesome dude! Sales are super important! Get out there, get commissions and improve your skills every day! The only way is forward.

D3kaB1u3

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 14, 2019
Zulia, Venezuela
Awesome dude! Sales are super important! Get out there, get commissions and improve your skills every day! The only way is forward.

Thanks, While still loking for more commissions to do, i try my best to improve my skills every day with all the options internet has to offer (Self taught), however i want to improve even more with better and in-depth explanations plus mentorship but those are usually behind a paywall, it frustrates me from time to time and i have other goals to reach before, still, not gonna give up so easily.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.