The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Houston Fastlane Meetup!?!?

Atown512

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jul 15, 2011
Houston
I've seen a few threads about Houston meetups, but unfortunately I have been out of the country and unable to attend any of the meetups. I am finally settled in to the Houston area from a year-long adventure traveling as a professional poker player. I moved back once I was offered the opportunity to start a craft brewery here in Houston. Here is a link to the progress thread I have started:
https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/ge...06-progress-thread-craft-brewery-startup.html

Just thought I'd post a new thread, and see if anyone around here wants to meet up...I can certainly supply the beer! I'm just north of Houston in The Woodlands area.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

MonTexan

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Mar 9, 2009
Houston, TX
I always thought a well-marketed microbrewery could do great in Texas since there don't seem to be many of them (compared to CO and MT at least) and because texans are such a proud bunch of beer drinkers. I'm close to downtown. Great new pizza and wine bar nearby that also does flights of beer if you're up for a drink some evening.

Atown512

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jul 15, 2011
Houston
Great new pizza and wine bar nearby that also does flights of beer if you're up for a drink some evening.
Always up for pizza and beer. Are you near the Hay Merchant? I've been meaning to check that place out, but haven't had a chance yet.

MonTexan

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Mar 9, 2009
Houston, TX
I'm near Crisp in the heights. Hay Merchant is a good spot as well. Strange menu though....once had buffalo chicken livers there! They're good while the buffalo lasts right up until the liver kicks in!

Atown512

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jul 15, 2011
Houston
Just thought I'd throw out a quick invite. I have a meeting with the Texas Craft Brewers Guild this Monday at 7pm. I will be heading down there early to avoid traffic, so if anyone wants to meet up at the Hay Merchant for a few beers, let me know. :cheers:

Hurdlerwayne

Man without vision shall perish!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Aug 13, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
That's just what we need a good ol' Texan beer! I'd definitely invest some stock in that company! I just need to taste the beer first! I'll spread it to Aggieland! We love a good beer here in College Station, TX

Atown512

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jul 15, 2011
Houston
That's just what we need a good ol' Texan beer! I'd definitely invest some stock in that company! I just need to taste the beer first! I'll spread it to Aggieland! We love a good beer here in College Station, TX
Well I've certainly got plenty of beers to taste, and more to come! We currently have a chocolate porter, a slightly hoppy extra pale ale, a Munich Helles, and a witbier made with Texas grapefruits. The next three beers we have in fermentation are a blonde ale, a hoppy pale ale similar to Sierra Nevada, and a German-style Helles Rauchbier which should be pretty smokey....and delicious!

If you're ever around Houston, you're more than welcome to try the beers and let me know what you think. Have you been to New Republic Brewing out in College Station?

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Monday? Was this just planned?

Atown512

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jul 15, 2011
Houston
Monday? Was this just planned?
Nothing serious planned. I have a meeting with the TCBG Monday night, so I'll be at the Hay Merchant before and aftter the meeting. I just wanted to see if anyone around Houston wanted to meet up for a few beers.

I know you're in The Woodlands, which is where I'll be moving in early March. One of our investors lives in Carlton Woods and my girlfriend just got a job at Baker Street Pub, so I'm excited about moving there.

Atown512

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jul 15, 2011
Houston
I'm thinking about starting a small Houston mastermind group for 5-8 people....anyone in the area that might be interested, let me know

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Nothing serious planned. I have a meeting with the TCBG Monday night, so I'll be at the Hay Merchant before and aftter the meeting. I just wanted to see if anyone around Houston wanted to meet up for a few beers.

I know you're in The Woodlands, which is where I'll be moving in early March. One of our investors lives in Carlton Woods and my girlfriend just got a job at Baker Street Pub, so I'm excited about moving there.

I love it. It is like the fastlane town. I am looking optimistically in carlton woods for my first house and have no problem with an apartment until I am in that kind of position. My favorite subdivision in all of houston.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I am up for a mastermind group!

Atown512

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jul 15, 2011
Houston
I am looking optimistically in carlton woods for my first house and have no problem with an apartment until I am in that kind of position. My favorite subdivision in all of Houston
That subdivision is so ridiculous. The first time I pulled in there I saw a trailer full of Ferraris being delivered to one of the new homeowners. Definitely an inspiring

Atown512

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jul 15, 2011
Houston
I am looking optimistically in carlton woods for my first house and have no problem with an apartment until I am in that kind of position. My favorite subdivision in all of Houston
That subdivision is so ridiculous. The first time I pulled in there I saw a trailer full of Ferraris being delivered to one of the new homeowners. Definitely an inspiring place to live...

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I have been paying 100/month to do this with a networking group already. This is a welcome change.

Lets meet bimonthly or something for dinner. 6-8 is perfect because you can probably only count on half of them showing up.

I just want to keep the weirdos out. "Im an entrepreneur, I have a booth at the flea market and sell used car stereos..." no you arn't, get the hell out.

No MLM crap either.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
My girlfriend was a realtor here. We have looked through MLS and there are lots of nice homes under 2 million and a couple under 1.

The most expensive house currently on the market in the houston area is in Carlton Woods and it is 35k sqft and has 10 bedroom suites and costs 19m. :D

Atown512

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jul 15, 2011
Houston
Lets meet bimonthly or something for dinner. 6-8 is perfect because you can probably only count on half of them showing up.
I'm fine with this. I am self-employed and 100% responsible for my own hours, so I can accomodate whatever schedule is best for everyone else. From here, we just need to find a few others who are dedicated...

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I'm fine with this. I am self-employed and 100% responsible for my own hours, so I can accomodate whatever schedule is best for everyone else. From here, we just need to find a few others who are dedicated...

Agreed. Same here, but will be traveling a lot soon.

Hurdlerwayne

Man without vision shall perish!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Aug 13, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Well I've certainly got plenty of beers to taste, and more to come! We currently have a chocolate porter, a slightly hoppy extra pale ale, a Munich Helles, and a witbier made with Texas grapefruits. The next three beers we have in fermentation are a blonde ale, a hoppy pale ale similar to Sierra Nevada, and a German-style Helles Rauchbier which should be pretty smokey....and delicious!

If you're ever around Houston, you're more than welcome to try the beers and let me know what you think. Have you been to New Republic Brewing out in College Station?

Man that sounds like such a great opportunitie it's too good to pass up. I always like trying something new but I haven't been to the New Republic brewing company. I'm more of a Sierra Nevada guy. I'll definitely check out the Brewing Company in College Station and when I come to Houston I'll look you guys up. Cheers!!!

Atown512

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jul 15, 2011
Houston
Agreed. Same here, but will be traveling a lot soon.
I just spent the last 9 months travelling, and it was the best experience I've ever had. Where will you be travelling?

For the mastermind group, I was thinking it might be a good idea to set up a website in case we want to get some mentors involved. It might help "legitimize" the group. www.houstonmasterminds.com is available

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.