The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

REAL ESTATE Housing area information request

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
I am looking for websites or resources that give information on housing markets. I found a house slightly outside of my area and I want to research that area. Any recommendations?

Looking for things like:
Median home prices
Avg time houses sit on the market.
number of houses on the market
etc.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

andviv

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
My best resource so far has been googling a few Realtors, send them an email describing my interest in the area, and ask them for this information. The good one will answer and start communication with you. Other will not reply. Others will give you a smart-a$$ reply. So send at least three and see who replies. I've done this with certain success in the past.

Diane Kennedy

Bronze Contributor
Aug 31, 2007
ofheo.gov

EVERY real estate investor should pull off their quarterly analysis reports on real estate markets.

tbsells

Contributor
Jul 27, 2007
Ohio
Be careful with Zillow. I've seen it be + or - about 30% in the market I work in. Andiv's right about contacting realtors in the market area. Ask them for the consumer accessible MLS in the area. It will give alot of information.

OP
OP
Bilgefisher

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
Good replies. I will be checking into them. Ive actually used zillow and county assessor to determine median price. Tbsells you are right though. The one property I am looking at has zillow at 177k and the county at 217k. Zillow is affected greatly by recent sales and sales history of the prop. Since this is an REO property, I think the foreclosure has lowered zillows estimate a bit. What I love about zillow is seeing recent sales in the area. I found two properties that recently sold on that street that were smaller and sold for more then the estimate on this property.

Thanks again everyone for the replies.

OP
OP
Bilgefisher

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
Did a little more research and found a really good site.
www.cyberhomes.com If you click on neighborhood info for the property. You get a laundry list of information.
-area analysis
-market info
-demographics
-several different types of maps.

I also found this link at biggerpockets
http://www.biggerpockets.com/house-value-comps.html
It links 9 different analysis websites like zillow. Each has different positive aspects.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Sponsored Offers

Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
-- HALLOWEEN SPECIAL STARTS TODAY! Get any of my courses at Udemy's current best price through Friday! Use code: HALLOWEEN Use any of the links...
Top Bottom