The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hold Me Accountable...also from NC

CardinalsFan

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Feb 6, 2008
Charlotte
Hey everybody, I've been checking this site out for a while and finally decided to sign up after I read some of the posts.

I'm Aaron and I am a sophomore at Appalachian State University in North Carolina. In case you haven't heard of us we are the 3time national champions in the 'championship subdivision' formally known as D1 AA. If you still don't know, we are the team that beat Michigan in the greatest upset ever.

I am really interested in entrepreneurship and I know that I will hate working for anyone but for myself...so that's why I'm here; to learn from people who are doing just that. I really started pursuing entrepreneurship after I heard Ryan Allis from iContact speak to me and some friends about his life story and all his dreams. From then on I decided I wouldn't let anything hold me back from doing anything I wanted. As Robert Kiyosaki said 'why work your way up the ladder when you could own the ladder.'<-not an exact quote I don't think, but you get the point.

So here is what I am hoping to get from yall, just keep me accountable in reaching my goal of being successful. Here is what I am doing to get the ball rolling:
(this kind of goes along with the $3000 to 1,000,000 in 15 months thing, only I'm 19not 17. Anybody feel free to critique this approach.)
1) working nights as a security guard, starting broke
2) soon will have enough to buy a old 15 passenger van to use as a the "Boone Party Bus" basically a cheap DD or Taxi that will cater to college students
3) already bought 500 koozies, I plan on printing "Boone Party Bus" with the number on them. Will go out and hand them out for free to people when I'm partying
4) Start running that Thursday-Sunday
5) Soon as I make enough money $10,000ish I plan on hiring a lawyer and putting together a contract between me and landlords up here. This will be for a web site idea I have...cant let you know too much bout that. (Buuut, I know nothing about web design, or hosting options or anything like that. Any help with that would be awesome. I have decided on a domain name already, should I go ahead and buy it?)
6) Make money with the website and expand it to be a nation wide deal.
7) Sell site for 1 million+

Thanks and good meeting you guys.-Aaron

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
Hey everybody, I've been checking this site out for a while and finally decided to sign up after I read some of the posts.

I'm Aaron and I am a sophomore at Appalachian State University in North Carolina. In case you haven't heard of us we are the 3time national champions in the 'championship subdivision' formally known as D1 AA. If you still don't know, we are the team that beat Michigan in the greatest upset ever.

I am really interested in entrepreneurship and I know that I will hate working for anyone but for myself...so that's why I'm here; to learn from people who are doing just that. I really started pursuing entrepreneurship after I heard Ryan Allis from iContact speak to me and some friends about his life story and all his dreams. From then on I decided I wouldn't let anything hold me back from doing anything I wanted. As Robert Kiyosaki said 'why work your way up the ladder when you could own the ladder.'<-not an exact quote I don't think, but you get the point.

So here is what I am hoping to get from yall, just keep me accountable in reaching my goal of being successful. Here is what I am doing to get the ball rolling:
(this kind of goes along with the $3000 to 1,000,000 in 15 months thing, only I'm 19not 17. Anybody feel free to critique this approach.)
1) working nights as a security guard, starting broke
2) soon will have enough to buy a old 15 passenger van to use as a the "Boone Party Bus" basically a cheap DD or Taxi that will cater to college students
3) already bought 500 koozies, I plan on printing "Boone Party Bus" with the number on them. Will go out and hand them out for free to people when I'm partying
4) Start running that Thursday-Sunday
5) Soon as I make enough money $10,000ish I plan on hiring a lawyer and putting together a contract between me and landlords up here. This will be for a web site idea I have...cant let you know too much bout that. (Buuut, I know nothing about web design, or hosting options or anything like that. Any help with that would be awesome. I have decided on a domain name already, should I go ahead and buy it?)
6) Make money with the website and expand it to be a nation wide deal.
7) Sell site for 1 million+

Thanks and good meeting you guys.-Aaron
Welcome! Always glad to add some young blood here.

Unfortunately, as a Wolverines' fan (my brother goes there), I can't say that we're really starting off on the right foot. :smxD:

Kidding...glad to have ya. :)

As far as your plan goes, I like it. It's good to see you getting a job to get started. That is definitely going to be an accelerant for your journey to the fastlane.

And regarding the domain, definitely swoop it up ASAP, especially if it could be of value to someone else. The security and assurance of owning it is definitely worth the $5-20 you'll spend for it.

Lastly, as far as web design and hosting goes, look no further than our board sponsor here -- Apto Hosting. Tom, the owner, is a member here, and anybody on here who has dealt with him will tell you that he offers nothing but the best customer service in the industry.

Good luck. Keep us posted. Stay active here -- you won't regret it!

CardinalsFan

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Feb 6, 2008
Charlotte
thanks man, I appreciate the advice. What do you think the best place to buy a domain would be? godaddy?

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
No problem.

GoDaddy and 1and1 are two of the bigger, cheaper registrars. I believe they'll give you a free domain through AptoHosting (www.aptohosting.com) if you sign up for hosting with it as well.

I recently bought two domains through GoDaddy. The other domain that I own was bought through Apto. Both were pretty easy purchases. Just be aware that places like GoDaddy will try to upsell you when you go to checkout (i.e. they'll offer you other services with it so you have to click "No thank you" a few times). They're all pretty similar from what I understand, but I'm probably not the best source of information for this.

Good luck!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome Aaron and congrats on having a written plan ... that surpasses most of America alone.

aptohosting

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 16, 2007
North Carolina
Aaron,

I believe I have already spoke to you, but we can definitely help you set up a website that will help you promote your website very quickly! I would even be willing to meet up with you since, I am currently in the Wilmington area. Just let me know !

Thanks,
Tom C.
www.aptohosting.com

CardinalsFan

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Feb 6, 2008
Charlotte
Hey thanks Tom,
I will let you know if I need your help, right now I am teaching myself Joomla to see if I can make a basic site on my own and save a little money.
-Aaron

aptohosting

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 16, 2007
North Carolina
Hey thanks Tom,
I will let you know if I need your help, right now I am teaching myself Joomla to see if I can make a basic site on my own and save a little money.
-Aaron

We will help you save something MUCH more valuable, TIME!

CardinalsFan

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Feb 6, 2008
Charlotte
updates:

1)just taught myself joomla and made booneparty.com, just a little fun stuff to get the ball rolling. nothing to great.

2) settled on a web designer for company website, picked a revenue model (built a "system" to generate cash as MJ prescribed)

3) chosen as one of the top 10 candidates for the Dale Tweedy Mentoring Program for Entrepreneur Scholars at my school-pretty stoked about this

4) nominated as social chair for Entrepreneurship club

5) started working on my new (1st) blog

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007