The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

HOT TOPIC History of the Fastlane Meetup (formerly Beer and Pancakes)

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

ddzc

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
May 22, 2012
Toronto
That was myself and @nitroheadz28 . We have since formed a local mastermind group with @Gary @RayAndré and soon to be others. Very grateful to have met so many cool like minded people through this forum and meetups.

PS. Anyone visiting or living in SD, hit us up, we'd love to hang out and talk shop!

I didn't realize it either. I was the dude who did the presentation on Craigslist flipping at the time. I can't remember who it was, but somebody basically volunteered me to do a presentation by the seat of my pants after I asked "what value I could provide to everyone here??" I was 17 or 18 at the time. I'm also extremely grateful that happened. I was WAY out of my comfort zone but by the end of the presentation I had people rolling on the floor laughing at what I was doing to hustle, and it definitely lightened the mood. Made me realize that even newbies that think they "can't add value" really can. Everybody's got a story ;)

Being a broke a$$ young child for that meetup, we ended up packing 8 guys (yes, 8) into ONE hotel room, and calling it the "Sardine Room." @scott.legendre @nitroheadz28 @IceCreamKid @Mike39 @hotshot @Carny and others. We still have a Skype group going and talk sporadically.

Life Changing event for me.

This was one of the first threads I ever discovered. My mind was BLOWN when I read this. I remember being at my slowlane job, had this up on my second monitor under some "work" windows, switching back and forth, took me a while to read through it all but I was HOOKED after that. Long Live Peter2!!!!

Who can forget the sofa flipper LOL, the presentation was awesome. I always perform the best in front of crowds when winging it. I usually buckle when it's all memorized or scripted.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 24, 2007
Looks like the numbers have grown almost every year. To those who were there when the numbers were smaller, would you prefer to go back to the more intimate events of 50 or less?
No! Much more excitement is generated at the level we have. There are so many doers that the expertise to draw from seems endless.

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
o those who were there when the numbers were smaller, would you prefer to go back to the more intimate events of 50 or less?

Not one bit.

I felt it was too much like a clique ... like in high school which often pervaded the forum itself.

The group was way too small for the # of people who were at the forum at the time. (Yes, the forum had a lot of traffic back then too!) The tickets were offered via backroom deals for everyone in the clique. By the time the the offer came to the forum publicly, there would be like 10 tix left and the thing sold out in 92 seconds.

Long Live Peter2!!!!

Not sure you're aware, but Peter passed away pretty young, probably late 30's / early 40's.

Very sad. He was one of the good guys who loved cats and helping others to the path...

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
I felt it was too much like a clique ... like in high school which often pervaded the forum itself.

The group was way too small for the # of people who were at the forum at the time. (Yes, the forum had a lot of traffic back then too!) The tickets were offered via backroom deals for everyone in the clique. By the time the the offer came to the forum publicly, there would be like 10 tix left and the thing sold out in 92 seconds.

Just so we're clear and my statement is not misinterpreted by anyone...

Back then, the forum's traffic was almost as much as it was now. Because the group was so small (30 people) it really didn't create a forum atmosphere of unity, but more of a sub-group within a larger group. (And ultimately it did become that, just not here, but on Facebook.)

I'm not dogging the old days or anyone associated with it (Kenric, SteveO actually organized a few) but just wanted to point out that any meetup promoted here should create forum unity and cohesion, not a feeling of "there's the forum" and "there's the B&P'ers".

When I prohibited paid meetups (Houston, B&P, anything) I ultimately had to decide, discontinue it happening here (as the center point of organization) or carry it on further, but with a tighter reign on what is presented and not presented.

Ultimately we decided to carry it forward...

It's too bad a lot of those folks aren't here any longer -- some of them have done real well and would have a lot of wisdom to share!

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego
Who can forget the sofa flipper LOL, the presentation was awesome. I always perform the best in front of crowds when winging it. I usually buckle when it's all memorized or scripted.

Hell yeah man, every time since then I've publicly spoken, I always wing it. Hope you've been well since we last saw eachother :)

@GravyBoat I'm in SD as well - would love to join in on the mastermind or whatever program you guys have going on!

Shoot me a PM and I'll add you! Our next meet up is on March 30. Just to clarify, it's not paid or anything. Just a group of forum members that share ideas and talk shop (and some shit lol). Basically like an in person mastermind group.

Not sure you're aware, but Peter passed away pretty young, probably late 30's / early 40's.

Very sad. He was one of the good guys who loved cats and helping others to the path...

I did hear that unfortunately. He definitely left a legacy. That thread literally changed my life.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Looks like the numbers have grown almost every year. To those who were there when the numbers were smaller, would you prefer to go back to the more intimate events of 50 or less?
I am glad tohave been apart of it and formed some of the best relationships that will carry on throughout my time on Earth, but it was unsustainable. Now I just do smaller get togethers around the country with those folks. Some of them meet around the world.

I love what the summit has turned into after we got rid of the old format and MJ took over to make it more streamlined. The biggest leap forward was moving it to TSR so everyone could stay together.

All in, it has grown pretty well. There is still nothing like it. I love my high school clique!

randomnumber314

speed of a drunk camel
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jan 7, 2014
Minnesoooota,USA
I've been out of the loop for quite a while. I got --a LOT-- of emails from someone this past year for their version of beer and pancakes in Mexico or something.

Just wondering if the original b&p is dead? I was in Scottsdale a couple weeks ago and nostalgia hit hard.

Also, I'm pretty sure if I dig through my desk I have a dollar a bunch of people convinced me to ask MJ to sign.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
I've been out of the loop for quite a while. I got --a LOT-- of emails from someone this past year for their version of beer and pancakes in Mexico or something.

Just wondering if the original b&p is dead? I was in Scottsdale a couple weeks ago and nostalgia hit hard.

Also, I'm pretty sure if I dig through my desk I have a dollar a bunch of people convinced me to ask MJ to sign.
Beer and Pancakes is alive and well.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
I am going to test this for a month and see how it goes... If anyone wants to join using Crypto...
Introducing MJ's Personal Unscripted Network, Join Now for FREE!
If you are in IDEA mode, text "IDEA" to the above number. If you are in LAUNCH/START mode, text...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
I have a long weekend off work.. bought your "Start a Freelance Business: Take Back Your...
MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
If there’s one thread I see repeated over and over again on the forum, it goes like this: “I...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Thanks for clearing that up. What do you recommend for those who are still in the process of...

Forum Sponsor

Over 100 Fastlane Students
More Details...

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom