The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hi, I'm new here

Dora

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
500%
Aug 17, 2018
My name is Dora and I'm a CPA with a 30-year career behind me. I'm a Slowlane Millionaire Next Door, almost done reading The Millionaire Fastlane . When I carry my Kindle around with me, I know I've found an exceptional book. Finding this title came at a time when I am at a crossroads of letting my blog die on the vine or take my visibility to the next level.

I've been trying to find what will quench my happiness factor. It's certainly not my tour-of-duty government job. I've had a full career in my field and people in government act like it's my first day at work. Worse yet, I keep applying for different positions, only to find "lifers" dismissing my real-world background and overlooking my skills. I am truly ready to take on my own project without needing any outside validation.

Did I mention that I'm also a Certified Financial PlannerTM? That's where my real passion is, although it's not my primary career. Two years ago, I self-published a book. One year after the book was out, I started my own blog. One motivation was to get some thoughts out of my head and the second motivation was to promote the book. I thought blogging was about writing. Ha! It's about SEO, Pinterest, Facebook, and affiliate marketing. All of which I'm not that good at.

I continued to write blog posts until I felt that it was taking over my life. And all the promises of blogging side-hustle income were in the $0 or negative range.

Well, my blog is still active and I've renewed my sense of purpose. After all, I'm still paying for the blog, the private email, and my domain name. I might as well give it another try. My strengths lie in teaching, so I intend to create courses and games related to financial planning.

So many financial planning blogs are rags to riches stories, regurgitated fluff on how to save $2, or blogging about making money blogging. I'm not interested in writing garbage.

One thing that kept my motivation and my connection to the blog is that I was contacted to give an interview on a financial podcast site. In spite of not posting to the blog for months, someone still noticed my site and read my background. So there, someone's listening to me. Shreds of unexpected visibility go a long way. If they had not contacted me for an interview, I would have really felt isolated.

I hope to gain mountains of positivity by plugging into this forum. I am mostly surrounded by Sidewalkers and can't count on any support from them.

I realized that I need to reach out to a professional to solve my SEO issues and start getting some traffic to my site. I made an appointment today to speak with someone next week. I'm smart enough to know when I need help. It's great to keep expenses down, but sometimes small amounts need to be invested in a new venture. Another small investment is updating my professional photo - so it's back to the photographer.

Glad to be here!
All the best - Dora

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
One thing that kept my motivation and my connection to the blog is that I was contacted to give an interview on a financial podcast site.

This is called a feedback loop and it powers motivation, I discuss it at length in Unscripted . It's probably a better book more suited for your situation.

Anyhow, thanks for sharing your story and for the introduction. Hope to see more of ya!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...