The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hi, I am new here

mercenariez

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jan 20, 2019
Hi,

I read TMF and Unscripted and it really changed the way I viewed possible methods on how to get rich. Pretty much the “Slowlane” was what I thought was the only way to get rich, as a result of societal indoctrination. The “Fastlane” never struck my mind as a thing. I always thought it was either get a job and save for tons of decades, or get lucky via lottery or inheritance or absurd talent. The Fastlane gives me a bit of hope, though it is clearly not the Easy lane, and in fact might be the hardest lane of all 3.

It motivated me to start a company in the video game industry. After about a year or so, it has sales in the 4 digits range but nothing big so far. Mostly it’s been painful hard work for zero pay. However, I’m hoping my hard work will pay off one day because the product satisfies some of the commandments in CENTS. I really didn’t do it out of personal love for the work, just mostly cuz there was a need and high demand for it.

Hope I can learn from this forum but also CONTRIBUTE (give > take mentality right? Haha) one day. One of the big things I want to learn about in more detail is the actual turning your company into an asset where you can find legitimate buyers once you start cranking sales in the 5-6 figures range. The liquidation event so to speak. I guess if your company gets big enough people just start calling you? Anyway, I’ve got a lot of researching to do I guess :) Back to the grind!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
Welcome!

In my experience, there is a turning point in a lot of businesses that I call "critical mass." It happens when you have enough customers, and they are satisfied enough with their purchase/service, that their natural referrals cause growth on their own.

What are you doing to market your games to new users? Do you have a process for getting feedback from customers, to get an idea of what they're happy with, what they're not, and what needs they still have that aren't being met?

mercenariez

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jan 20, 2019
Welcome!

In my experience, there is a turning point in a lot of businesses that I call "critical mass." It happens when you have enough customers, and they are satisfied enough with their purchase/service, that their natural referrals cause growth on their own.

What are you doing to market your games to new users? Do you have a process for getting feedback from customers, to get an idea of what they're happy with, what they're not, and what needs they still have that aren't being met?

Well, I actually sell video game controller parts to be precise. I have a Facebook group and Twitter, so I have been able to see feedback. In fact, I’ve been “adjusting” for just over a year now, and still have not released a product that I think is the ultimate version (should be done by this February).

Marketing wise I basically did Facebook groups, nothing too intense because I want my product to be as good as possible before I try and reach out to larger audiences (I have released two versions already).

Need they still have but aren’t being met...this is a great idea and I would need to think about this one more.

I also like your point about “critical mass”; I think the tough part is achieving a product and creating an offer that is so enticing it is able to achieve that though, that’s where most of my work has been.

Thanks for your reply!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome aboard my friend.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...