The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hi, here's Joao

John P.

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Nov 27, 2015
London
Hi,

I haven't posted yet here, but I wrote something in my profile that I think is a summary of my life events and paths, and it says:

"Just this and that. Been in the slow lane for ages, 37 now and I will change that. My last venture was in forex trading as a trader and algorithmic programmer. I did a diggit clone, facebook aps, twitter apps, lots of lines of code around github and bitbucket, all abandoned projects... more thatn 10 years in the making of trash software.... anyway, with trading I followed the path of brain plasticity... (too many episodes of through the wormhole, also) and the subject of beliefs systems... I had it all wrong..."

Well, now that I am introduced, I made a mistake of not checking if users with the same nick already existed, or similar, and I found out that there's johnp (https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/members/johnp.7512/). Sorry, I felt a little bit embarrassed with that. Anyway, any chance I can change my nick name, anyone knows how? I was looking for a help topi where to post the question, but didn't found it.

Btw, my name is João and I know that it sounds strange when people try to pronounce it :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

Datingafter35

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Feb 2, 2016
Hi,

I haven't posted yet here, but I wrote something in my profile that I think is a summary of my life events and paths, and it says:

"Just this and that. Been in the slow lane for ages, 37 now and I will change that. My last venture was in forex trading as a trader and algorithmic programmer. I did a diggit clone, facebook aps, twitter apps, lots of lines of code around github and bitbucket, all abandoned projects... more thatn 10 years in the making of trash software.... anyway, with trading I followed the path of brain plasticity... (too many episodes of through the wormhole, also) and the subject of beliefs systems... I had it all wrong..."

Well, now that I am introduced, I made a mistake of not checking if users with the same nick already existed, or similar, and I found out that there's johnp (https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/members/johnp.7512/). Sorry, I felt a little bit embarrassed with that. Anyway, any chance I can change my nick name, anyone knows how? I was looking for a help topi where to post the question, but didn't found it.

Btw, my name is João and I know that it sounds strange when people try to pronounce it :)
Hey. I'm a forex trader and I'm curious about algorithm programming and how do I go about it.

Do u recommend python to write algorithm or mql itself.

Thanks in advance for replying.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

John P.

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Nov 27, 2015
London
Hey. I'm a forex trader and I'm curious about algorithm programming and how do I go about it.

Do u recommend python to write algorithm or mql itself.

Thanks in advance for replying.

Hi,

I've done it with MQL4, pretty complex stuff indeed with resilience mechanisms because my "client" didn't want to have his stop losses and take profits in the broker, so was a very complex.

I think you have multiple options to do it. If you never programmed before, I believe that python will be easier, but of course it depends on what you want.

What algorithm you want to implement? (don't need to tell the secret: ))

You can also PM me.

Thanks and hope I can help

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Datingafter35

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Feb 2, 2016
Hi,

I've done it with MQL4, pretty complex stuff indeed with resilience mechanisms because my "client" didn't want to have his stop losses and take profits in the broker, so was a very complex.

I think you have multiple options to do it. If you never programmed before, I believe that python will be easier, but of course it depends on what you want.

What algorithm you want to implement? (don't need to tell the secret: ))

You can also PM me.

Thanks and hope I can help
No worries. It's just support and resistance with 3 distinct outcome. If break of support and price action = pattern 1/2/3. Open position and set lost recover.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...