The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Christos83

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Dec 28, 2017
Ottawa Ontario Canada
Hi everyone!,

My name is Christos and I've been a paramedic for 5 years now. My career started in the offshore industry on seismic boats 5 weeks on/5 off. It was a great gig in that I wasn't paying rent anywhere and didn't have a car, so the bulk of my expenses were spent travelling around the world when I was free from the boat.

I've already known a version of this freedom that @MJ DeMarco speaks of, and its wonderful. And when he speaks of time it's like listening to what I've been preaching for a long time. To not have to worry about money and have the freedom to do whatever you want whenever you want is something in life worth seeking. Now with oil having tanked, I've found myself landlocked and working ambulance in Canada again. Although this job does offer a good rate of pay, gratification, and only 14 shifts/mo, I still find myself longing for even more freedom than I had in the beginning of my career. Not to mention: I don't see this career as sustainable physically or mentally until retirement, and I'd rather divert off this slowlane before I find myself reaching a dead end.

I have big aspirations and know that the minute I get started it will be a cascade of success. I've been in the business of people for a long time.

Looking forward to being a part of the community!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome Christos!

Now with oil having tanked

Well in the last few weeks, it's been on an upswing. My a trend reversal is underway.

Christos83

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Dec 28, 2017
Ottawa Ontario Canada
Hi everyone!,

My name is Christos and I've been a paramedic for 5 years now. My career started in the offshore industry on seismic boats 5 weeks on/5 off. It was a great gig in that I wasn't paying rent anywhere and didn't have a car, so the bulk of my expenses were spent travelling around the world when I was free from the boat.

I've already known a version of this freedom that @MJ DeMarco speaks of, and its wonderful. And when he speaks of time it's like listening to what I've been preaching for a long time. To not have to worry about money and have the freedom to do whatever you want whenever you want is something in life worth seeking. Now with oil having tanked, I've found myself landlocked and working ambulance in Canada again. Although this job does offer a good rate of pay, gratification, and only 14 shifts/mo, I still find myself longing for even more freedom than I had in the beginning of my career. Not to mention: I don't see this career as sustainable physically or mentally until retirement, and I'd rather divert off this slowlane before I find myself reaching a dead end.

I have big aspirations and know that the minute I get started it will be a cascade of success. I've been in the business of people for a long time.

Looking forward to being a part of the community!
@MJ DeMarco : Oil has a funny way of keeping you in indentured servitude for exactly half your life. They leverage big bucks and those 5 weeks off... but you're always planning around that next crew change. It was fun for a while but I'm happy oil crashed, because I don't know if I'd have had the strength to leave it.

Happy accident :) Much happier already.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...