The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hi, everyone!

KOS2186

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Nov 29, 2016
Massachusetts, USA
I signed up for an account yesterday, so I figured I'd introduce myself.

My name is Kris. I'm 30 years old, and I currently live in Massachusetts.

I have always been interested in financial independence, and the idea of divorcing my income from my time. To that end, I have read several personal finance books, but The Millionaire Fastlane (which I'm currently listening to in Audiobook format for the third time through) is the one that's really clicked with me. The ideas MJ puts forth in the book simply make sense. The Fastlane Forum is mentioned several times in the book, so that's how I found this place.

I joined the military when I was 18 years old, and received an honorable discharge when I was 26. I think of it as a good experience, because it taught me how to work hard and focus - something I didn't need to learn when I was in high school.

Currently, I have a full-time job as a salesman/contracts administrator for a manufacturing company, but I have always hungered for something more. Something where my compensation is dictated by my effectiveness, rather than my time. Something I have more control over. Something I can build, and use to be able to help solve people's problems, rather than laboring to earn a few more bonus dollars for somebody else.

My short term goal is to create enough income independently to leave my job. I want to accomplish this by solving problems, or providing services, for people. I would like to accomplish this before I'm 35.

My long term goal is to get into a position where I have enough passive income to maintain a good lifestyle for myself, and to use all of my time in whatever way I deem fit. I would like, also, to be able to contribute in a BIG way to (or create) a charity, specifically one focused on helping children.

To that end, I have taken some courses focused on computer programming and app development. I have also read some books about marketing, and spent some time reading some of the gold posts at this forum. I am currently working on the development of my first app, but, to be honest, a lot of the purpose of this one is to prove to myself that I can actually create something that works.

This forum seems like it has a lot of great people, and I look forward to getting to know everyone.

Thank you!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ChickenHawk

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
468%
Aug 16, 2012
Butt in Chair
Welcome to the forum! Funny, I'm pretty sure I've listened to the Millionaire Fastlane audiobook about three times, too. Come to think of it, I'm probably due to listen to it again. :)

Good luck as you move forward!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...