The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hi everyone! I want to help people handle INTENSE emotions in the moment.

Jobless

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Jun 8, 2017
EU
There's many types of online forums where people offer each other support for those issues. Usually, offering coaching there will not be welcomed at all. My best suggestion is that you start your own community centered around the issue you want to help people with, and the program you can provide. You start different social media pages and share insights there and see if it garners any interest.

If you want useful advice, you have to include more than one paragraph in your post. Seeing as you have made no sales in one year, I must ask if you are even trying? If you are and it is not working, are you changing your approach?

Jobless

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Jun 8, 2017
EU
Thank you for your perspective! It's really appreciated since I can't seem to find mentoring or gain traction for building a community. I've paid for an online coaching program and it's very helpful but I'm struggling to see results.

I honestly have been trying. I've been making actual content videos on youtube on a weekly basis for the past year (about 40 videos so far). I've reused that content as podcasts, pinterest and instagram carousels as well. Recently, I've been adding corresponding blog posts and using SEO for the blogs and headlines I'm using.

I thought this would be building a community but I have almost had no traction. I've recently tried tapping into Facebook's community program. I would use the carousels and post on there to provide content.
Ok, good to hear you have put effort into it.

Maybe the advice you offer is too general, or way too specific? Maybe you are attempting to solve a problem that is not large enough, or common enough? Maybe the content is not engaging enough?

Sometimes even if do things by the rule book, it is not enough, especially if other people out there are following the same steps. What makes your services/value different? Is it a personal brand, and if so, is all your content tied together to add value to the brand? Is it based on scientific evidence, your own experiences or what? Are you breaking any of the conventional rules common in the niche? Are you working with already existing communities and people to promote? Guest blogging, cross-posting, participating and giving value in a community, etc.? Is there a way you can contact people directly and offer them a taste of your services? Do you realize that for action-takers (who value their time), 'free' may signify that something has little or zero value?

Its very hard to establish a forum or community if there are few users, or little activity. Sometimes you simply need to FAKE the existence of the community to get it rolling, to get people to participate. Literally registering fake users and talking to yourself. This is how many popular forums actually started.

It is hard for an outsider to judge whether you should continue, pivot the approach, or give it up. I'd look into the last two options, but continuing is not 100% hopeless either. It takes consistent effort and suddenly you grow organically.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ismail941

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
May 7, 2019
One Word - Traffic AKA You have to Go where your ideal prospect is hanging out - this is where you meet them.

siniquezu

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 21, 2021
Hi everyone, I'm helping, action-takers like the ones here, handle their intense emotions in the moment so that they don't make regretful life-changing decisions. I started a coaching business last year and haven't had any sales. I'm looking for FREE clients for my program. Do you guys have suggestions on where I can find people who want to take care of their emotions?

Last edited:

siniquezu

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 21, 2021
There's many types of online forums where people offer each other support for those issues. Usually, offering coaching there will not be welcomed at all. My best suggestion is that you start your own community centered around the issue you want to help people with, and the program you can provide. You start different social media pages and share insights there and see if it garners any interest.

If you want useful advice, you have to include more than one paragraph in your post. Seeing as you have made no sales in one year, I must ask if you are even trying? If you are and it is not working, are you changing your approach?
Thank you for your perspective! It's really appreciated since I can't seem to find mentoring or gain traction for building a community. I've paid for an online coaching program and it's very helpful but I'm struggling to see results.

I honestly have been trying. I've been making actual content videos on youtube on a weekly basis for the past year (about 40 videos so far). I've reused that content as podcasts, pinterest and instagram carousels as well. Recently, I've been adding corresponding blog posts and using SEO for the blogs and headlines I'm using.

I thought this would be building a community but I have almost had no traction. I've recently tried tapping into Facebook's community program. I would use the carousels and post on there to provide content.

siniquezu

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 21, 2021
One Word - Traffic AKA You have to Go where your ideal prospect is hanging out - this is where you meet them.
I agree. That is my biggest problem is finding where my target audience hangs out. I've tried instagram and forums. I'm still hunting.

FierceRacoon

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jun 1, 2019
Remember, anyone can sing and anyone can audition for a talent show? But only a fraction of a fraction get selected.

Similarly, anyone has experience handling intense emotions and can give some common-sense advice. But only a fraction of a fraction are so good, they can effectively coach it to a wide range of experiences. It is easier to find a niche in a particular modality such as by, say, coaching sales or soccer or yoga and touching up on handling emotions.

But to just have a value proposition of teaching emotions... if you also aren't a trained psychologist, in my mind, you have to be of a Bruce Lee level or a war survivor, or somebody of that kind to teach it. You have to have gone through an extreme personal journey... and in that case, please, articulate the journey.

And even then, you need to teach it in the context of something. There must be a modality. Something you have been doing daily for many years. Sales. Meditation. Martial arts. Whatever. If you don't have this experience, you don't have anything to offer in this area. Come back 10 years later.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...