The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hey, what's your sign? (Or FTE?)

Share your FTE moment...

RMP

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 24, 2021
Whoops -- wrong site!

Not really, though.

My sign came last year, when my significant other, out of a job in the pandemic (both a blessing, because safety, and a curse, because bills) made the following declaration:

"I never want to be in this position again."

We were doing just fine on my income, and I was extremely fortunate to be able to work 100% remotely to obtain it. But I knew, in so many other ways, my SO was not OK. And I was not OK with that.

So, how were we to change the circumstances that left us feeling powerless? Financial freedom soon revealed itself as the obvious answer, but how to get there?

My SO started doing some research, eventually finding Millionaire Fastlane , then passing it on to me. I’d read other books in the genre before, and while they all had something useful to offer, I always closed them at the end feeling like there was still something missing as well, some sort of key that would help me unlock a door to wealth that could actually apply to me. I didn’t expect someone to tell me what business idea to pursue specifically. But after reading MF, I feel we have a much better sense of what NOT to do, and in my experience, that’s more than half the battle.

So now we’re looking at starting with real estate (intentional iteration), since we have some trusted folks in our lives already whom we can tap into for expertise. But I’m also thinking of a particular business venture once the real estate stuff has liberated me from my full-time gig – and once I figure out an automation component that will keep me free once I've loosed the shackles.

I have a lot to learn. I’m here to learn it. I look forward to your nuggets of wisdom as you pursue and achieve your goals.

What was your sign? And how has it transformed your life? Would love to hear your stories as well.

Thanks for reading (and thanks, @MJ DeMarco, for dropping the knowledge bombs),

RMP

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
You're welcome, and thank you for the intro.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...