The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

INTRO Hey there! I need your help here!

Accelerate wealth. Build a business that pays freedom. Join more than 70,000 entrepreneurs and register for the Fastlane Entrepreneur forum. Remove ads? Join the INSIDERS.

StewartHemmings

New Contributor
Oct 26, 2020
I need help with one thing that scares me a little bit. I think I can find the answers I need here.

My story is that I got mixed up with some bad guys by mistake (I realized this later). They offered me a dubious scheme involving microloans. The entire task was to go to the credit company with my passport, put in my signature, and then collect a certain amount of money. They were allegedly connected with the director, who would then remove my name from the database after three months for 50 percent of the total amount. The fourth month has already passed, and the debt collectors keep calling me, saying that they will sue me if I don't pay the entire amount and the interest.

I do not know what to do in this situation, and I really hope that experienced people in business can help me here.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Stargazer

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Mar 8, 2018
England
It's called fraud and you should speak to A) Your bank who will have a fraud dept who can advise you and B) The fraud squad if you have one of these in your police force. (99.9% you do as you are in Germany)

Do not ask anyone else for advice ok? It's not advice you need. You are not the only person they have scammed even though you might feel like it right now. It's a criminal network and Police/Banks need your help and they can't do this if they are unaware.

Dan

StewartHemmings

New Contributor
Oct 26, 2020
It's called fraud and you should speak to A) Your bank who will have a fraud dept who can advise you and B) The fraud squad if you have one of these in your police force. (99.9% you do as you are in Germany)

Do not ask anyone else for advice ok? It's not advice you need. You are not the only person they have scammed even though you might feel like it right now. It's a criminal network and Police/Banks need your help and they can't do this if they are unaware.

Dan
Thanks for the answer, but you're right, it's not something that can help me. The debt collectors are calling me and asking me to pay the loan, there is already a certain amount accumulated with interest and I am worried that the collection company may sue me.

Stargazer

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Mar 8, 2018
England
I'm not a lawyer but they won't sue you once you register it as fraud (presumably you have some sort of evidence) In England & Wales for example the Magistrate would just throw it out if they went the Court route and Police file backed you up to some degree. The finance company has insurance you see so that would allow them to claim against it. (Again this is England & Wales)

Seriously, on Monday morning walk into a Police Station and tell them what has happened and they will get someone relevant within the station to interview you.

I can't really advise you to do anything else.

Dan

StewartHemmings

New Contributor
Oct 26, 2020
I'm not a lawyer but they won't sue you once you register it as fraud (presumably you have some sort of evidence) In England & Wales for example the Magistrate would just throw it out if they went the Court route and Police file backed you up to some degree. The finance company has insurance you see so that would allow them to claim against it. (Again this is England & Wales)

Seriously, on Monday morning walk into a Police Station and tell them what has happened and they will get someone relevant within the station to interview you.

I can't really advise you to do anything else.

Dan
Thank you for your response.
I can't go to the police because in the country where I live the police will not do anything about it, blaming it on me. The mentality in my country is very sad.

eramart

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Unscripted!
Aug 31, 2015
You should seek legal assistance to learn about your options. If you do nothing, you will have to pay eventually anyway.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE  You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
What I got was completely unexpected; @LightHouse generously talked with me for 2 straight hours...
MARKETPLACE  Freelance University: Solve Every Freelance Problem (Especially on Upwork)
FU. 4 DAYS. 50% OFF BLACK FRIDAY SALE! If you're an Upwork freelancer, you'd be a fool not to...
MARKETPLACE  For Sale: Food Brand with 4 Years of Happy Customers in a Fast-Growing Niche
So to get certified, it cost a fortune? How much exactly? That sucks that these "health...
MARKETPLACE  Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Fox's Web School helps you learn a specialized skill which you can use to get to Fastlane. It's...
MARKETPLACE  Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
Hi Fox. Starting the book and got through the introduction. Had a conversation with Andy Black...

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom