The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hey! NEW HERE

Ivan2BAlive

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 24, 2017
Louisville, KY
Welcome to the forum Mike. You'll find plenty of knowledge in this place as I have in becoming successful.

Mpkubie68

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 2, 2020
Hello fastlane forum! My name is Mike, I am a 32 year old married father of 3 awesome kids. I have a great job and have a relatively good life. But I have felt for a long time something slowly dying inside of myself. With each day that passes my soul dies more and more while living the scripted life that I have never believed in. I am a big dreamer and always felt like I was meant for more. Im sick of it all. Missing my kids grow, missing the events and living life like a zombie working 60,70, sometimes 84 hours a week just to save a little. I have dabbled in mlm, started a few websites, podcast, YouTube etc with nothing close to success. I am here to get around like minded people to learn, grow, build relationships to finally start building the life my family deserves. Look forward to connecting with you all and hope your doing well.

Mike

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andreas Thiel

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Aug 27, 2018
Karlsruhe, Germany
Welcome! Do you aready have a plan, goal or line of attack?

I have been wondering for a while if such an ambient feeling of discontent is enough to facilitate massive change ... or if you need a brutal FTE first.

Mpkubie68

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 2, 2020
Welcome! Do you aready have a plan, goal or line of attack?

I have been wondering for a while if such an ambient feeling of discontent is enough to facilitate massive change ... or if you need a brutal FTE first.
My FTE has been 10+ years long... I had kids at 20 years old and have not believed in the script my entire adult life. So for me personally I just can't find the avenue to put my attention to become Unscripted !!! Not a lack of work ethic.

Andreas Thiel

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Aug 27, 2018
Karlsruhe, Germany
Yes, I fear that is not good enough. True for me ... true for maaany in the thread about FTEs.

Work ethic is not where I was going with this. The diligence and resilience might be your main issue staying trapped.
Any idea how you can get to escape velocity?

Mpkubie68

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 2, 2020
Yes, I fear that is not good enough. True for me ... true for maaany in the thread about FTEs.

Work ethic is not where I was going with this. The diligence and resilience might be your main issue staying trapped.
Any idea how you can get to escape velocity?
What do you mean escape velocity? Momentum? I have started so many things but not sure which direction to take.... what was your story?

Andreas Thiel

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Aug 27, 2018
Karlsruhe, Germany
What do you mean escape velocity? Momentum? I have started so many things but not sure which direction to take.... what was your story?
Well rockets need to reach escape velocity to defeat gravity and get into orbit around earth.
That is the analogy.

You are currently on earth and need a huge force to get you on a new trajectory and into orbit.
A job that requires you to work 70+ hours, Kids / Family ... a lack of focus and no clear plan ... those are gravity.

Then there is the comparison with the tree trunk (from either Millionaire Fastlane or Unscripted , not sure) which gets less flexible over time ... where all your decisions manifest as an outcome and where it gets harder and harder to make the required changes to make a difference.

I think the only true FTE is an explosive event that makes you change everything about the way you do things all at once. Tweaks won't do. They will lift you a few feet of the ground ... but you will return to earth.

Oh right ... my story!?

For me it should be very easy to do well. But I messed up somewhere.
I am a software developer, I earn really well and can save money. I am still single. I know a lot about art, technological developments etc.

But working for 5 years I can maybe earn enough to afford to do my own thing for ... 6 months maybe?
I never learned to network and I don't see a way to succeed as a lone wolf. The whole legal and finances side is an obstacle I don't know how to tackle without a co-founder. I think I have billion dollar ideas, but it makes no sense to tackle them because the MVP is still too complex for a single person.

I have been saying the same things you are saying for ages. "I can't survive this another year." ... I need to turn a private project into a business. I need to start networking. I need to find a problem that is easy enough to tackle.

From my experience: that ambient feeling that you just want the horror to end is not a force that will get you anywhere.

Have you seen this thread, btw?

Last edited:

Mpkubie68

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 2, 2020
Well rockets need to reach escape velocity to defeat gravity and get into orbit around earth.
That is the analogy.

You are currently on earth and need a huge force to get you on a new trajectory and into orbit.
A job that requires you to work 70+ hours, Kids / Family ... a lack of focus and no clear plan ... those are gravity.

Then there is the comparison with the tree trunk (from either Millionaire Fastlane or Unscripted , not sure) which gets less flexible over time ... where all your decisions manifest as an outcome and where it gets harder and harder to make the required changes to make a difference.

I think the only true FTE is an explosive event that makes you change everything about the way you do things all at once. Tweaks won't do. They will lift you a few feet of the ground ... but you will return to earth.

Oh right ... my story!?

I am a software developer, I earn really well and can save money. I am still single. I know a lot about art, technological developments etc.

But working for 5 years I can maybe earn enough to afford to do my own thing for ... 6 months maybe?
I never learned to network and I don't see a way to succeed as a lone wolf. The whole legal and finances side is an obstacle I don't know how to tackle without a co-founder. I think I have billion dollar ideas, but it makes no sense to tackle them because the MVP is still too complex for a single person.

I have been saying the same things you are saying for ages. "I can't survive this another year." ... I need to turn a private project into a business. I need to start networking. I need to find a problem that is easy enough to tackle.

From my experience: that ambient feeling that you just want the horror to end is not a force that will get you anywhere.

That analogy makes perfect sense with the rocket and as time continues to pass I'm afraid you may be right... I am so exhausted from the day in day out of the script that I may not ever have the escape velocity... sucks... I hope you can finally achieve what your after and take that leap.. you seem like a very intelligent person. And I have not seen that thread yet... read it?

Mpkubie68

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 2, 2020
That is the analogy.

Oh right ... my story!?

[URL

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...