The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Here - but not hustling.

Adelaide

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
May 16, 2019
Adelaide, South Australia
A few years ago I was on the forum a lot. I was focussed fulltime on my entrepreneurial pursuit, which failed. Boo hoo.

I didn't fail though. The distinction is important. The business failed. I thrived.

I learned a shitload, networked and ended up in a terrific position (yes, working for the man in the rat race). This was actually good as during the start of the Covid craziness I was 'safe'. I made a great salary and had job security. A bigger salary than I'd ever made and I was frankly a little burned out (or more, embarrassed) from the entrepreneurial life. I needed some perspective and was happy for the stable pay check. I also finished my MBA during this time. However - I always knew I was building someone else's castle.

Then things settled down (at least in Australia, where I am) and I realised I was in a sticky spot: very 'successfully' living the rat race. I was happy to stay there for a bit, whilst I thought of my next business venture. But then within a serious of months, work became unliveable. I was on a path towards a huge promotion I didn't want. I won't go into detail - other than say it was my job or my integrity; and I chose the latter. No regrets.

This led to my recent FTE - I quit. People were shocked. Wasn't I going to stay there forever? (HAHAH no. I certainly was not.) I've left without a job to go to. I've had offers, but I'm a little burned out.

I have savings, a great life, I'm accomplished and in this climate I could find a job easily. Blah blah...
I want to take some time to enjoy being curious and not busy. I want to take time to do.. well, whatever I want.

And this has led me back here. I'm a couple weeks into my little career break, and I've found myself naturally coming back to entrepreneurship.
I have little ideas for businesses, but they aren't hugely scalable. I figure the more I'm around great ideas, the better I can be at generating them.
I'm also thrilled to be with go-getters again, opposed to people who are working to live and not thinking critically about their lives, future or lifestyles.

Right now, I have time and effort - but *the idea* hasn't come yet. I'm reading, working out, staying healthy (both mentally and physically), waking up early and enjoying every day. I just can't wait until I have the business idea that I can really get behind.

That's where I'm at today. Here - but not hustling.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

doster.zach

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Oct 14, 2021
Missouri
Right now, I have time and effort - but *the idea* hasn't come yet. I'm reading, working out, staying healthy (both mentally and physically), waking up early and enjoying every day. I just can't wait until I have the business idea that I can really get behind.

The waiting for a good idea is usually action faking for most people. How are you engaging the market to find friction points?

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
Welcome back. Throw yourself into challenges and new things. Do that and you'll discover inefficiencies and pain-points, solving those things is a business oppounrity.

Whatever you didn't like about your last job.... solving those things you didn't like is a business opportunity (one that you have 1st hand experience in). Maybe see if there's away you could make that old job better - easier for other people that work in that position - what would you need to make lifer easier for them? An app? A process? A system?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...