The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Help with writing terms or service.

TreyAllDay

Whatever it takes
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Feb 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Hello all!

First off, I appreciate any help or advice you can give! I do not have the cash flow to hire a lawyer and would love some advice on resources for creating software terms of service that limit my liability completely or as best as possible.

My system helps businesses remove the barriers to rolling out employee engagement plans. In this system there is data stored extremely secure like applicant resumes and info, employee data like disciplinary actions and performance reviews, addresses possibly, it also lets you create offer letters, etc. Here's the thing- I'm not consulting any of these companies on their HR, I'm simply providing a system for them to be more organized and automated in these tasks. All of the data and use of it is by either companies or consultants. But I'm still worried about companies saying I'm liable for their own HR F*ckups? For example a company firing an employee and forgetting to delete their account and now some ex employee has access to company records still.

So here's my question- is there any way to completely remove liability in your terms of service is these types of situations? Separate question, for anyone who works in software - are there any resources out there for creating terms or legal?

Thank you again.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Hello all!

First off, I appreciate any help or advice you can give! I do not have the cash flow to hire a lawyer and would love some advice on resources for creating software terms of service that limit my liability completely or as best as possible.

My system helps businesses remove the barriers to rolling out employee engagement plans. In this system there is data stored extremely secure like applicant resumes and info, employee data like disciplinary actions and performance reviews, addresses possibly, it also lets you create offer letters, etc. Here's the thing- I'm not consulting any of these companies on their HR, I'm simply providing a system for them to be more organized and automated in these tasks. All of the data and use of it is by either companies or consultants. But I'm still worried about companies saying I'm liable for their own HR F*ckups? For example a company firing an employee and forgetting to delete their account and now some ex employee has access to company records still.

So here's my question- is there any way to completely remove liability in your terms of service is these types of situations? Separate question, for anyone who works in software - are there any resources out there for creating terms or legal?

Thank you again.

My advice to you, if you think there's any chance of legal recourse, get a T&C. I got mine through upwork for about $125. It's an investment, but it'll help shore up any legal loopholes. In my opinion, it's one of the things you shouldn't bootstrap.

Also, my understanding is that your T&C wouldn't hold in court if you Diy It. So, no point in doing one if you don't do it the right way.

TreyAllDay

Whatever it takes
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Feb 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
My advice to you, if you think there's any chance of legal recourse, get a T&C. I got mine through upwork for about $125. It's an investment, but it'll help shore up any legal loopholes. In my opinion, it's one of the things you shouldn't bootstrap.

Also, my understanding is that your T&C wouldn't hold in court if you Diy It. So, no point in doing one if you don't do it the right way.

Thanks man! I'm gonna check it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.