The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Help with Validating a Business Idea (the business runs, the Idea I doubt)

Idea threads

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Hey everone!

Glad to join this community, after I read MJ's books!

Long story short - I've been trying to get a business off the ground for 7+ years now. I've had my successes and my failures along the road (couple small businesses sold, but nothing major thus).
Reading "the books" made me realize in detail what were the mistakes I made and I've outlined two issues:
1. My willingness to work hard at least until a business system is built.
2. Ideas failing to meet the CENTS criteria.

What happened in the past couple of months is rather interesting - I've been approached from people who are mid-to-big business owners with questions about migrating their websites from one CMS to another. It's important to note I'm not a developer myself, but work for a big company in the industry (primary job) and have available the resources to use for such an endeavor (developers) at a decent cost (secondary job).
The first sale is already "closed" and it meets me at a time, when I'm actively thinking/looking for an idea that would cover CENTS and I can devote my efforts on it. So now there's a great reason to open the business (2 more people with the same requests on the backburner), but..
the big question here is - do you guys think that a business that creates new websites and performs migrations from one CMS to another agrees with CENTS? It's obviously best to do something and then see where the path leads you, just a little afraid that my efforts would be wasted in a non-scalable and properly crowded space?

Thank you all!

P.S.
Based in Bulgaria, can work/promote in the English and German speaking countries easily.
Bro there are people here who run cents conform lawcare companies. Time and scale are thing you can add to anything provided the rest is on point.

Ruskoi

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
May 24, 2023
Hey everone!

Glad to join this community, after I read MJ's books!

Long story short - I've been trying to get a business off the ground for 7+ years now. I've had my successes and my failures along the road (couple small businesses sold, but nothing major thus).
Reading "the books" made me realize in detail what were the mistakes I made and I've outlined two issues:
1. My willingness to work hard at least until a business system is built.
2. Ideas failing to meet the CENTS criteria.

What happened in the past couple of months is rather interesting - I've been approached from people who are mid-to-big business owners with questions about migrating their websites from one CMS to another. It's important to note I'm not a developer myself, but work for a big company in the industry (primary job) and have available the resources to use for such an endeavor (developers) at a decent cost (secondary job).
The first sale is already "closed" and it meets me at a time, when I'm actively thinking/looking for an idea that would cover CENTS and I can devote my efforts on it. So now there's a great reason to open the business (2 more people with the same requests on the backburner), but..
the big question here is - do you guys think that a business that creates new websites and performs migrations from one CMS to another agrees with CENTS? It's obviously best to do something and then see where the path leads you, just a little afraid that my efforts would be wasted in a non-scalable and properly crowded space?

Thank you all!

P.S.
Based in Bulgaria, can work/promote in the English and German speaking countries easily.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ruskoi

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
May 24, 2023
All right then, the Landing page is in the making(almost ready), I'll soft proof the idea in front of a wider audience - English speaking countries and let the show begin.
So far, I've never been active in forums when it comes to posting and maintaining threads, but I have a feeling this time I'll start a thread on how things are evolving. :)

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Check the Google Keyword Planner too. How many searches are there for "migrate from x to y" and other related searches. Do some of the searches yourself and see what ads come up.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ruskoi

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
May 24, 2023
It's been two months and what had to be an idea validation, turned out to be a full-blown effort toward establishing the business.
What happened is we landed two decent-sized clients locally and since this happened, without even looking for them, it only makes sense to ride the wave. Within the two months, we've managed to:
  • prepare mock-up designs for most of the website pages, including a sales funnel and a SaaS functionality for a proprietary tool that we developed as a part of the work for one of the clients
  • agreed on conditions with my partner and aligned our visions
  • become part of a local BNI club(ok, becoming a member this week) with the hope to have exposure to international clubs of the same organization, international expansion is our goal
  • I've personally devoted 70% of my time to build and create mock ups (foundation laying) for my partner to then develop, to communicate with clients, and create the brand-identity that we're after and 30% to learn how to better market the company
  • set a plan and executed the first stages to prepare us going live on Google and Youtube and tap into warm traffic, where available
  • established an LLC specifically for this business
  • kept costs to an absolute minimum, no useless expenses, that are unnecessary at the minute
  • shook off the two other ventures that I were involved in, so more time can be focused on this one
Things that are now left to do include, but are not limited to:
  • going live with our website
  • start a YouTube channel
  • test paid advertising
  • complete the current projects
  • utilize a humongous list of cold emails that I have gathered through the years (industry-related) and also focus marketing effort on getting clients that receive grants for new websites for their businesses
  • learn
  • act, asses, adjust

Sorry for the long post, I just feel like for the first time in my life I'm being able to focus that much energy and resources and thought a follow-up here would be nice.
Would be happy to show you a working website, as soon as we get it off the ground.

Any critique is welcome, thank you for your support :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.