The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Help With First Time Selling On Freelance Platform

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

Devilery

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Feb 11, 2019
How I started on Fiverr and got relatively consistent and decent (not per industry standard) work : I worked for free, for my first 5-8 orders, just to get reviews. Then leveraged my tiny portfolio to do cheap work. Then a little less cheap. Then okay-ish. Note: Until here, I got all clients only by applying for jobs, no one wrote to me first.
Then, once I got somewhat consistent stream of orders, Fiverr algorithm pushed me higher up in the search results. Now, I'm on page 1 or 2 and get multiple offers per week. Enough to have the ability to choose the ones I prefer and turn down the ones I don't.
Put simply - Get order to get orders. The more sales you make, the higher in search results you'll appear, the more exposure and credibility you have, the more clients you get, the more money you make.
It's hard to get the momentum, but once it's rolling, it works great!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

beast3146

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
May 8, 2019
Hey guys,

I finally decided to implement fiverr into our lead generation strategy for our marketing firm.

The thing is I'm new to it from the seller's perspective.

Here is the profile: shorturl.at/bnpX2

How does one get their first gig on fiverr. Seems like a catch 22. You're starting with no reviews or engagement.

I've done my best to implement the best practices when it comes to ranking a gig and used the the word count available to craft an okay copy.

Any feedback, what do you guys think?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ProcessPro

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Apr 26, 2018
How I started on Fiverr and got relatively consistent and decent (not per industry standard) work : I worked for free, for my first 5-8 orders, just to get reviews. Then leveraged my tiny portfolio to do cheap work. Then a little less cheap. Then okay-ish. Note: Until here, I got all clients only by applying for jobs, no one wrote to me first.
Then, once I got somewhat consistent stream of orders, Fiverr algorithm pushed me higher up in the search results. Now, I'm on page 1 or 2 and get multiple offers per week. Enough to have the ability to choose the ones I prefer and turn down the ones I don't.
Put simply - Get order to get orders. The more sales you make, the higher in search results you'll appear, the more exposure and credibility you have, the more clients you get, the more money you make.
It's hard to get the momentum, but once it's rolling, it works great!

This.

A similar approach I took on Upwork is doing free work for your friends/family but you give them money to pay you on the platform (of course explain to them that you need some help kickstarting your profile). E.g. Let's say you have an uncle that needs a website, you give him the money to pay you, ask him to go on Upwork, create the job and hire you. Of course make everything look legit, from the proposal to the conversation to the hiring to delivering the final product.

The benefit is that other clients see that you've gotten paid work (the more they pay, the better your profile begins to look). I'd feel more confident in someone landing $500 gigs than $50 if you get where I'm coming from. The downside is that you'll lose some money to fees (20% on Upwork). So do this to get your first 3-5 gigs then take it from there. Also, actually do the work and ask them for an honest review. That way you're rigging the system but in an ethical way. One caution is to not have them use the same computer and IP address as yourself as their systems may penalize you for this/ban your account. Good luck.

P.S. I'm not as familiar with Fiverr, but hopefully you get the idea and you can apply it to your situation.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.