The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

HELP! ONLY GOT 3 MONTHS TO MAKE IT. WHAT SHOULD I DO?

beast3146

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
May 8, 2019
So, I'm in a very weird sticky situation & I need help or some second opinions because my head is about to explode with panic & stress....

I'll give you a quick rundown.

Background story:
Grew up in dysfunctional household. Have a horrible abusive father that pretty much didn't do shiet for me and was just abusive. At age of 19 I started my first real service business online which is a cleaning company. It took alot of work from me. So much to learn. I learned everything from scratch.... hiring contractors, managing contractors, advertising, seo, adwords, accounting, everything you name it.

Made lots of mistakes as well from blowing money in vegas to all types of shenanigans that slowed down my growth but all lessons learned

Where I am now: Fast forward 2 years later and I'm 21 years old. My business is automated by VAs but unfortunately I only net max about 1k/mo after expenses in my pocket. This business taught me alot but have no passion to continue it nor do I have the time. Also 1k isnt much especially in a city like Los Angeles.

THE CRAZY EMERGENCY I NEED HELP WITH: About 6 months back, my father kicked me out of the blue. And had no where to go but stay temporarily at a cousin house. I worked my a$$ off until and started putting together an seo agency since I realized this would be the fastest way to make some $$ to move out. just 3-5 seo clients would mean I can live on my own in an expensive city like los angeles. I did do a couple one time projects for clients which let me save about 7-8k fast in the bank. Keep in mind I was starting from scratch with barely any money in savings (Yea I know I f*cked up in my earlier years while trying to figure out this whole business & money stuff and not having saved correctly)

Right now I'm back in my house. My father is out of the country & doesn't know I'm at the house with my mom. He comes back this august or september.

So I have a very limited time to make it work and actually get my own place. (Also dont have my own car)

Between now (May) & August I have to make atleast 3k/mo after taxes minimum to afford living on my own.

What would you do?

Do I continue focusing 100% of my time on getting atleast 3-5 seo clients and go balls to the wall, finger crossed I get those clients before end of summer? (I start mass cold calling hard next week + network event meetups & other things)

I'm also thinking out of 2 weeks of the month doing some sort of uber or ubereats and the other 2 weeks fully on business. That'd make me an extra 1k/mo to save in the meantime. Maybe I'll save about 3k by august if I do uber on the side and make 1k/mo from it

I did the math for uber . One full week would maybe be about 1k-1200 on 50-60 hours of work. Then after taxes, gas, & car rental expense I'm left with like $500 for the week.

TIME IS SUPER LIMITED &SO I HAVE TO ACT FAST.

What do you guys recommend?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

ShamanKing

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Aug 30, 2018
California
You don't have a car cross out the last paragraph.

Father kicked you out of the blue?

beast3146

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
May 8, 2019
You don't have a car cross out the last paragraph.

Father kicked you out of the blue?

For the car, I was thinking of doing one of those care rentals fr uber/lyft or even turo whe re you rent from other car owners.

Father kicked me out of the blue.

As in long story short, I was working all day on my cleaning business tasks & was about to pick up my little brothers. He got mad, I was late to pick them up from school. Got crazy, tried to fight me over it physically while my mom held him back. Went in my room & tried to throw my laptop on the floor. But I quickly grabbed it out from his hand. He then got all my luggage and threw it out. And my mom was trying to calm him down...going like wtf relax. But yeah thats pretty much how I got kicked out. Happened in a blink of an eye.

But nothing she can do. Its a f*cked up situation. My mom is the one that pays the rent for the house, does all the housework as he chills back like a king and does nothing at this point. But he's the higher power in the house. I always tell my mom to stand up to him but she doesn't...so powerless there.

So that's a summary of that in a nutshell

beast3146

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
May 8, 2019
Move to a cheaper city where cost of living is half of what LA is
I have considered a city like vegas or phoenix temporarily.

I have some family that live in vegas. they are the ones that let me stay over at their house last time.

But ofcourse I wouldn't want to do that again & overwelcome my stay.

Vegas is crazy weather thou. I can not rely on bus/car transportation. Its one of those cities you NEED to buy a car for sure to get around. In the winter its freezing and summe rits hot. Walking a block is a mission in vegas. So either have to uber around or buy your own car. Uber/lyft is also expensive there from what I noticd.

And another downside of moving out of los angeles is that I'd lose healthcare coverage since my healthcare only works in LA. my healthcare literally covers everything with NO FEES. But I mean if it has to be done, I'll go to another state. It's still on the list of options to consider.

Right now I'm fortunate in Los angeles in the meantime. Im using the family car without my father knowing while he's out of the country. And if I really need to, I can use public transportation since its huge in LA & also lyft/uber to get around. Lyft is also pretty cheap in LA since there are so many drivers vs like a city in vegas where lyft/uber is expensive since its not as packed and not enough drivers/customers.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
As for the job you have done so far...... I applaud you! Most people are all talk and never bust a grape yet you are making $1000 a month!

The part you probably left out is the part where it seems to your dad as if you never do anything at all and on top of that.... you was late to pick up the kids. So I'm with him, you deserved a knee to the nuts so you never forget again! You might not have known it, but he probably thought that.

You do need to move. Not really a question.

Now as for the cleaning company. Do you have it 'based' in LA or where do the cleanings take place? It's already up and running.... let's try to see if we can make it profit 10x more than it is. I'm not asking for all of the down sides..... just where is it based?

beast3146

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
May 8, 2019
As for the job you have done so far...... I applaud you! Most people are all talk and never bust a grape yet you are making $1000 a month!

The part you probably left out is the part where it seems to your dad as if you never do anything at all and on top of that.... you was late to pick up the kids. So I'm with him, you deserved a knee to the nuts so you never forget again! You might not have known it, but he probably thought that.

You do need to move. Not really a question.

Now as for the cleaning company. Do you have it 'based' in LA or where do the cleanings take place? It's already up and running.... let's try to see if we can make it profit 10x more than it is. I'm not asking for all of the down sides..... just where is it based?

The cleaning company is based in LA but can be run from anywhere so its remote as far as managing it. The cleaning itself takes place in Los Angeles

And the part about my dad, the thing is again, its long story.

But me and my mom literally do all the chores in the house. As in I contribute more to the house than he does. I do the grocery, pick up the brothers, and do a million other errands especially since my mom cant drive.

So I'm not just sitting around. Im trying to run a business while also contributing alot of my time to the family needs (which by the way has also slowed down a huge part of my growth in business)

Again the part about my father, its a huge long story. This is a man that wouldnt take me to the doctor, haven't bought me clothes or shoe as I was walking in toren shoes, breaking my eye glasses and not buying the for me when I needed it as a kid...and thankfully I can afford to wear contacts now so I'm good there (not cuz of lack of money but he just didnt want to..as in if I asked him to buy me a shoe as a kid since I literally have no shoes left, he'd scream me out of the room to get the F*ck out) and constant day to day verbal, emotional physical abuse since I was 11. And a host of very crazy stories I can tell you. Never showed a single form of kindness or love towards me ever.

I know there are alot of spoiled kids out there that bitch about their parents over the smallest things. But man, I have been through some hell growing up since I was a kid with this guy. Has made mine & mom life a living hell. He's a bully at the end of the day.

Again I know this thread is not about crying about it for sympathy, but just wanted to make that point.

Having said that.

I'm not sure the cleaning company can make much in the next 3 months to support myself.

We rank page 1 on google for our major keywords.

I'd have to probably turn back on adwords again, start hirng full force again. Basically I need more capital, budget & time. All of which I dont have. And if that too...it takes a while to build more recurring clients. Margins with adwords is also pretty tough so awhile for you to see roi until you get a repeat customer

I'm actually trying to sell it, because in the hands of the right buyer this business is automated and ready for growth. It just needs someone with time& some budget on hand

Last edited:

beast3146

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
May 8, 2019
Great! So, now that you are making $1000 a month profit in LA, what is stopping you from making $1000 a month in Vegas with the cleaning company? Could it be done again, and how easy was it to do the 1st time?

Hmmm,

You're talking about expansion.

I pretty much have the exact system down.

But here is how it'd end up wokring if I try in a new city.

I have to get page in las vegas ranked on google, might take a while (3-4+ months maybe?) I also would have to spend money on backlinks for that page (so more marketing money needed)

I can start advertising on craigslist in the meantime for some initial bookings in the las vegas market.

Adwords is out of the question, too costly and margins aren't there to make it worthwhile.

But I still have to go through the whole process of hiring new cleaners.

But I see where you'r going with this

The more I look at it, the more it seems doable. But I'd need a solid 6 months to be honest If I have any ideas of expanding to other cities, getting setup, waiting for seo to kick in, having a solid set of teams, having a solid set of reviews,etc

beast3146

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
May 8, 2019
@beast3146 - So is the suggestion below out? It's a solid suggestion.

Not completely out.

What kind of job would you guys recommend?

I wouldn't want a job that sucks 40+ hours of my day for small pay & then have no energy left to work on the business.

In an ideal world, it'd be a sales job that's part time and allows me to make 2k/mo just to cover the bills and still tons of time left in the week to work on the business.

If it was a sales job, what's a good sales job to get into with good money potential but also part time/flexibility

Or any other jobs you guys recommend?

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
598%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
In an ideal world, it'd be a sales job that's part time and allows me to make 2k/mo just to cover the bills and still tons of time left in the week to work on the business.

Car salesman.

Insidious

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
May 3, 2019
Asheville, NC
As everyone else is covering the 'how to make money' aspect, here's a different perspective.

What you need: A place to live that isn't your parents house.

You don't need your 'own place'. You could rent a room, or couch surf, or crash with a friend, or make a deal with one of your employees, or get a job as an apartment manager, or buy a car and live out of it (google it), or...

Work the actual problem. $, while lovely, is not the end all be all answer and solution to all problems.

What's the shortest distance solution?

Solve the simple problem (a roof over your head) and then switch that focus/drive back to business/income.

Ask a better question. How can I get a place to live for free? How can I get paid to live somewhere (manager example)? Is there a place I could live that will supercharge my entrepreneurial game (roommates who are on the path, stacking functions)?

Last edited:

BlokeInProgress

Business Building Warrior
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 6, 2014
Australia
Not completely out.

What kind of job would you guys recommend?

I wouldn't want a job that sucks 40+ hours of my day for small pay & then have no energy left to work on the business.

If it was a sales job, what's a good sales job to get into with good money potential but also part time/flexibility

Or any other jobs you guys recommend?

Not sure anymore what type of side hustle or job you want. Honestly, seems you already have a set of steps in your mind due to the conditions you throw back to some of the suggestions.

If you're desperate, you'll knock off this conditions aside and just hustle, if not, then conditions remains.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
Why is your health insurance only good in LA? Who is paying for it?

My vote, move somewhere else, quit complaining about the weather, get a job, work on your business. Easy life. :)

This.

Suck up your pride and get a job or two. We've all done it.

And this.

Go somewhere cheaper. You're 21. If you have a serious health issue, you can come back to LA.

Go to Vegas. You're saying Uber/Lyft is more expensive there. Get a car on credit that qualifies for Uber/Lyft. Start driving as many hours a week as you can. Save up money after paying rent/food. Invest whatever you can into your cleaning business or getting SEO clients. Move back to LA when you're self-sufficient.

beast3146

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
May 8, 2019
As everyone else is covering the 'how to make money' aspect, here's a different perspective.

What you need: A place to live that isn't your parents house.

You don't need your 'own place'. You could rent a room, or couch surf, or crash with a friend, or make a deal with one of your employees, or get a job as an apartment manager, or buy a car and live out of it (google it), or...

Work the actual problem. $, while lovely, is not the end all be all answer and solution to all problems.

What's the shortest distance solution?

Solve the simple problem (a roof over your head) and then switch that focus/drive back to business/income.

Ask a better question. How can I get a place to live for free? How can I get paid to live somewhere (manager example)? Is there a place I could live that will supercharge my entrepreneurial game (roommates who are on the path, stacking functions)?

Hmmm good perspective... Ideally renting a room from a family or people that are older, quieter and cool would be good.
I'd have my own room to lock out, make cold calls, work from,etc. And I'm responsible only for cleaning and looking after my room + maybe kitchen and bathroom after I finish using it.

beast3146

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
May 8, 2019
Why is your health insurance only good in LA? Who is paying for it?

My vote, move somewhere else, quit complaining about the weather, get a job, work on your business. Easy life. :)

The healthcare I have is under some sort of family plan or low income shiet. Basically its free for me until age 24 then after that I gotta get my own.
But its literally called LA Healthcare lol. And only works here from what I understand.

But from having gone to the doctor in the past year for alignments, illness and injuries that require antibiotics or some sort of treatment,etc...I know for a fact I cant afford any of that over priced shiet if I ever get ill like with some bacteria that requires antibiotics or things like that. antibiotics from a doctor are like $100 or some shiet a pill. its ridiculous

Yea btw I'm not making excuses, I'll do whatever it takes. Just weighing possible options to pick my poison wisely. If it needs to be done I'll do it.

The weather I give zero F*cks about. What I was saying was, if I go to a place like vegas I'm going to NEED a car to get around...I cant put off buying a car for another year because you possibly cant walk around in the f*cked up weather for more than 5 minutes or wait for a bus or train. And ordering lyft is overpriced in cities like vegas. But yeah again it'd be a solid 4-6k upfront shell out for a car the minute I move to vegas.

Again I'm 100% down to do it. But weighing each option out.

1. Stay in LA...posibly higher monthly expenses...but less upfront huge cost since I dont need to buy a car

2. Move to vegas....less monthly expenses...but higher upfront cost for a car ffrom the get go

3. Should I start uber/lyft now? (which would take away from my focus on getting some seo clients this next couple monts)

4. Or use the limited time I have searching for a job and if so in which city

So those are some of the questions I'm weighing out. So thats why I posted on the forum. To see the different perspectives of people, opinions, ideas and even things I probably didn't think of and put that all together and then be able to make a more informed decision by the end of this.

Last edited:

beast3146

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
May 8, 2019
Not sure anymore what type of side hustle or job you want. Honestly, seems you already have a set of steps in your mind due to the conditions you throw back to some of the suggestions.

If you're desperate, you'll knock off this conditions aside and just hustle, if not, then conditions remains.

Hmmm, for example the car salesman by Lex was a good reccomendation.

I don't have much experience in the work force, so if you guys know some work ideas that allowed you to work on your business on the side without having to work a minimum wage job.

Forexample from what I've heard, most people have told me doing telemarketing jobs are hell and I can only imagine. I'd hate to do cold calls all day for 8 hours/day 5 days a week. I remember someone recommending a while back to only do outside sales.

So tips and tricks like that for jobs to apply for.

beast3146

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
May 8, 2019
This.

And this.

Go somewhere cheaper. You're 21. If you have a serious health issue, you can come back to LA.

Go to Vegas. You're saying Uber/Lyft is more expensive there. Get a car on credit that qualifies for Uber/Lyft. Start driving as many hours a week as you can. Save up money after paying rent/food. Invest whatever you can into your cleaning business or getting SEO clients. Move back to LA when you're self-sufficient.

Yes that is a very viable option I'm considering.

For this option I'm going to ask my family that lives out there more info on how the health insurance works & ask some family members that have worked there how much they made form uber when they were doing it to understand the market there.

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
Ive been driving Uber up in Seattle for a few years and at first it was great, but after destroying my car and creativity Im so excited to be getting out in July to do business FT.

If you do 50 - 60 a week on a rental, Id just focus on that 100% as you are going to be hating life. Your going to suck at it too at first and need to learn some shit. i have no idea how u would do two weeks out of a month, with a rental I think thats not gonna work out, unless a program that lets u switch it on and off weekly.

Id get on the ball as the background check and other things take time.

I also drive in a great market, LA sucks, be prepared for a really rough few months and make sure you create a solid schedule and stick to it.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
617%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
I'm 22 and own a lawn care company. I have a few things to tell you.

You need to ask yourself what you really want. Life is long. Do you want a have a comfy life within the next year or two or do you want to grow this cleaning business to be making millions? The fact you've automated it tells me you're more focused on a lifestyle. But I'll give you a couple options anyways. You can do any one of these things.

Raise money
Tell someone you've got a business consistently bringing in 1k a month in profit and show them that you'll use an investment to grow the business. Use their money to grow the business but use a piece to buy yourself some time in an apartment. Get the business bringing in more money and continue on. (Don't go telling me this is wrong or unethical. Just make sure these people get a return on their money)

Hustle
This comes in two forms. Hustling to find clients to make at least 3k a month (that is so easy and I could teach you how to do it no problem). And the other way is to just roll up your sleeves and do some of the work yourself for your cleaning business. Are you too good to clean? You said it's automated. Automation is expensive. I've got a lawn care company that I can automate, but guess what? I'm trying to buy land and build a custom house, so I'm out mowing lawns myself for now because otherwise I'd be sitting around enjoying the automation but taking home a lot less money. The automation should come much later than when you're only bringing in 1k a month.

Move
My vote is Thailand or Bali. You sound like you want to have a nice lifestyle. You could live off of 1k a month in those places and not have to do a damn thing. Imagine that... Just living near the beach and free to do as you please. I think if you move it should be to somewhere like that. You can already afford it and since you're computer savvy you can build up a nice SEO agency without having to worry about paying the bills.

Get a job
jk, F that. And F driving for uber. That's such a bad idea especially since you don't have a car...

It all comes down to where you want to be in the future. That determines the best action to take.

What would I do? It depends on what I saw in the cleaning business. I believe my lawn care company will be a national franchise. It's my baby. I spend all my time on it. So if I believed I could grow a cleaning business to be a massive size, I would roll up my sleeves and start doing some damn cleaning. I bet you'd bring in enough money right there. But I wouldn't want to maintain, I'd need to grow. I would probably build a few relationships and use other people's money to grow the business. "Hey Trust Fund Tony, wanna see me turn your 50k into 65k this year?" Get another cleaning crew out there making you more money and keep it going. Give Trust Fund Tony his money back and see your 1k a month business start bringing in 10k a month in profit. Keep it rolling and build up something big.

If I didn't see it turning into something big I would pack up a backpack of stuff and move to a cheap country and live on the beach doing internet work and practicing how to surf.

If you make money online, why live in the most expensive areas? Look up "geoarbitrage" or read the 4-hour workweek.

beast3146

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
May 8, 2019
I'm 22 and own a lawn care company. I have a few things to tell you.

You need to ask yourself what you really want. Life is long. Do you want a have a comfy life within the next year or two or do you want to grow this cleaning business to be making millions? The fact you've automated it tells me you're more focused on a lifestyle. But I'll give you a couple options anyways. You can do any one of these things.

Raise money
Tell someone you've got a business consistently bringing in 1k a month in profit and show them that you'll use an investment to grow the business. Use their money to grow the business but use a piece to buy yourself some time in an apartment. Get the business bringing in more money and continue on. (Don't go telling me this is wrong or unethical. Just make sure these people get a return on their money)

Hustle
This comes in two forms. Hustling to find clients to make at least 3k a month (that is so easy and I could teach you how to do it no problem). And the other way is to just roll up your sleeves and do some of the work yourself for your cleaning business. Are you too good to clean? You said it's automated. Automation is expensive. I've got a lawn care company that I can automate, but guess what? I'm trying to buy land and build a custom house, so I'm out mowing lawns myself for now because otherwise I'd be sitting around enjoying the automation but taking home a lot less money. The automation should come much later than when you're only bringing in 1k a month.

Move
My vote is Thailand or Bali. You sound like you want to have a nice lifestyle. You could live off of 1k a month in those places and not have to do a damn thing. Imagine that... Just living near the beach and free to do as you please. I think if you move it should be to somewhere like that. You can already afford it and since you're computer savvy you can build up a nice SEO agency without having to worry about paying the bills.

Get a job
jk, F that. And F driving for uber. That's such a bad idea especially since you don't have a car...

It all comes down to where you want to be in the future. That determines the best action to take.

What would I do? It depends on what I saw in the cleaning business. I believe my lawn care company will be a national franchise. It's my baby. I spend all my time on it. So if I believed I could grow a cleaning business to be a massive size, I would roll up my sleeves and start doing some damn cleaning. I bet you'd bring in enough money right there. But I wouldn't want to maintain, I'd need to grow. I would probably build a few relationships and use other people's money to grow the business. "Hey Trust Fund Tony, wanna see me turn your 50k into 65k this year?" Get another cleaning crew out there making you more money and keep it going. Give Trust Fund Tony his money back and see your 1k a month business start bringing in 10k a month in profit. Keep it rolling and build up something big.

If I didn't see it turning into something big I would pack up a backpack of stuff and move to a cheap country and live on the beach doing internet work and practicing how to surf.

If you make money online, why live in the most expensive areas? Look up "geoarbitrage" or read the 4-hour workweek.

Yea I have considered cleaning the houses myself. Granted I don't plan on making the cleaning business my main focus. This isn't the business I want to grow any longer. Just kind of tired of it.

I could do the work myself by removing the contractors from the work. But man I have zero clue on how to clean a house professioally even thou I run a company on it lmao. If I had started a commercial cleaning business, I'd have done the work myself. Cleaning is usually at night, and the type of cleaning is more basic and easy vs cleaning in people's homes and dealing with all types of crazy shiet in homes.

Moving to thailand. Damn haha going on the list. Makes me super nervous to do so far from home in completely different country out of the U.S

The more I read my own posts the more I sound like a picky F*ck but man alot of these options do have their fair share of risks/cons/stresses that come with the pros of saving $$.

To put it out all on the line.

I'm willing to risk/sacrifice alot of things to make this happen. But things that make me nervous is anything that includes sacrificing health, or well being. (moving to bad neighborhood, moving to a third world country I have no idea about but although its doable ..risks of crime, health,etc...being in a situation I have no healthcare access/insurance)

Those are the things that make me rethink.

Action plan so far I have in mind:

• Start applying for part time sales jobs starting next week as well as maybe marketing agency jobs
  • Continue to work on acquiring seo clients
  • Save as much penny/money. Save $$ from cleaning business..from seo gigs...Do postmates/uber while at home with rental to save $$ until I move out. Sell as much stuff from my house that I dont use anymore,etc to save as much as possible in the next 3 months
  • Sell Cleaning business (acquire more cash) (have posted it for sale so far, got a couple inquiries but not much has converted. Might need to get a business broker or lower price for sale or both)
Now the biggest struggle I have next is deciding on what city to actually live in, this one is a constant struggle I'm still having internally

Should I try to buy a cash car now or wait it out?

That's where I'm at so far

Last edited:

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
617%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Yea I have considered cleaning the houses myself. Granted I don't plan on making the cleaning business my main focus. This isn't the business I want to grow any longer. Just kind of tired of it.

I could do the work myself by removing the contractors from the work. But man I have zero clue on how to clean a house professioally even thou I run a company on it lmao. If I had started a commercial cleaning business, I'd have done the work myself. Cleaning is usually at night, and the type of cleaning is more basic and easy vs cleaning in people's homes and dealing with all types of crazy shiet in homes.

Then sell the business for 15 grand, hop on a plane and GTFO and start making some online cash. I did some marketing consulting and got a thousand bucks from a 2 hour phone call with nothing else other than a few craigslist ads posted and a decent website. You could do 4 grand a month no problem within the first month. All remote. Maybe start flexxing on the IG and get some people to buy your course on how to do it too lol.

beast3146

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
May 8, 2019
Then sell the business for 15 grand, hop on a plane and GTFO and start making some online cash. I did some marketing consulting and got a thousand bucks from a 2 hour phone call with nothing else other than a few craigslist ads posted and a decent website. You could do 4 grand a month no problem within the first month. All remote. Maybe start flexxing on the IG and get some people to buy your course on how to do it too lol.

I updated my last post but yea forgot to mention I posted my clenaing biz for sale, got a couple leads but never got any real converts.
If I can sell this fast it'd be a god send.

Maybe I should lower the price I listed it for sale, I had posted it for 35k on bizbuysell lol

either I need a business broker or something.

But if you have any tips on selling a biz asap, I'm all ears.

If I can sell this biz and have atleast 20k+ in the bank after taxes & expenses associated iwth selling the business I'd be in a good spot. That saving money would buy me time

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
617%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
I updated my last post but yea forgot to mention I posted my clenaing biz for sale, got a couple leads but never got any real converts.
If I can sell this fast it'd be a god send.

Maybe I should lower the price I listed it for sale, I had posted it for 35k on bizbuysell lol

either I need a business broker or something.

But if you have any tips on selling a biz asap, I'm all ears.

If I can sell this biz and have atleast 20k+ in the bank after taxes & expenses associated iwth selling the business I'd be in a good spot. That saving money would buy me time

Find out who would want to buy a business and go to them.

Post ads, put up bandit signs around your town "business for sale. automated. location independant. make 1k+ a month", go to local business meetups like the chamber of commerce and BNI meetings.

AFMKelvin

Some Profound Quote Goes Here
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
Here's some ideas because I was just in this situation a year ago.

First of all you are telling us your side of the story. I don't think any parent is so unreasonable that they would just kick you out for no reason at all. If you're still living with your parents past 18 you have to pull your own weight.

Who's car were you using to do all the chores? If it was your dad than it's only fair that he got mad. Also did you keep up with the car's maintenance? Did you buy and change the oil? Filled up the gas tank? I know a lot of kids that use their car parents do none of that shit. They just let the car rot and not fill up the gas tank. Also were you paying your share of the rent, bills and food? Maybe if you talk to your dad and tell him that you are willing a cut of the bills and food he might let you back in the house.

You also mentioned that you blew all your money in Vegas no wonder your dad is angry at you. I was in the same boat two years ago. Living with your parents makes you very irresponsible with money. I blew all my savings buying a new motorcycle and than I crashed it. After that my parents did not trust me with money that meant no loans or anything money related from them.

Ok we got that out of the way.

Last year I moved out on my own with $0 money in my bank account. How did I do it. Luckily my brother also wanted to move out. So that cut the cost of renting in half. But I'm living in Texas and rent is cheaper here than LA. Where I live is not the best place to be around but for a two bedroom apartment it's only $700. My monthly bills including rent and electricity, internet, insurance and car payments come at around $800. In all I spend around $1k a month just to get by.

I'm learning how to build websites at the moment and I know how much of a time drain jobs are even though you are getting paid. So this is what I did. I looked for jobs that are generally opened 24 hours a day. That means you will be able to choose your own schedule. The best manual labor jobs to work in and still have energy after your shift are jobs were you get paid in tips. Think waiters, valet, hotel doorman's. I'm working as a valet now and I get pay a fixed hourly rate plus tips and I only work 4 days a week and no more than 8 hours a day. I will never work in a fixed hourly rate again. Hopefully I won't have to work for anyone a year from now. Like another user posted you can go be a car salesman but you'll be a total slave. Get ready for 12 hour shift 6 days a week. You'll get paid hourly but now dealers only pay you $100 for every car you sale. Really not worth it if you are working on your own.

Another option is to lease a car through Uber so they lease you the car and you also work for them. You'll have time in between pick ups to take care of your business.

If everything else fails move to Texas. Everything is fairly cheap here and I'll let you crash at my place until you get off your feet.

Insidious

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
May 3, 2019
Asheville, NC
On the 'stressed out' thing. You don't think well when you're stressed. So standard stuff, are you working out regularly (hard workouts)? Do you meditate?

Quick stress relief: hit something until you relax (heavy bag, not a person). Batting cage, driving range, or pound nails into a stump. You can build something like hitting a tire with a sledgehammer into your workouts (believe me, you will be too tired to be stressed).

If you have a thought running around in your head that keeps re-stressing you, get it out.

Method 1, from The Sedona Method (abbreviated version, grab the book or Google if it appeals), Steps:
1) Focus on the issue you'd like to feel better about, allow yourself to REALLY FEEL how you are feeling in this moment.
2) Ask yourself one of these questions (whichever you like): Could I let this feeling go? Could I allow this feeling to be here? Could I welcome this feeling? What you answer doesn't matter (yes or no are both fine), be honest.
3) Ask yourself: Would I? Again, just answer honestly.
4) Ask yourself: When?
5) Repeat until the feeling is gone. Even for really intense emotions this is usually only 2 or 3 passes.​
This will usually be answered: No, No, Never in the first round =) Then you find yourself softening until you get to Yes, Yes, Right f'n now.

Method 2, EFT. Takes a little longer, and is usually for ingrained issues rather than acute stressors, but works for both. Just google Nick Ortner, The Tapping Solution. He has everything you need on his website.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.