The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Help marketing myself as a Psychotherapist in private practice

Marketing, social media, advertising

jb5150

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jun 18, 2016
My model is pretty straight-forward, and along 2 separate veins.

The first,

development a referral 'trough'/network large enough to bring in enough clients for me to then hire contractors to do the work where I receive a percentage (e.g. 50%) of their session fees.
I am doing this by reaching-out to MDs and other professionals in contact with the clients I am trying to draw-in (mostly those experiencing car accident related trauma as funding for therapy sessions is provided by local insurance corps).

I cold contact physiotherapists, chiropractors, lawyers anyone who may come into contact with those in need. Although I do have a FB page I don't have a big social media presence atm and realize that by writing articles and posting I can help increase my SEO and audience. I am not quite sure how to go about building followers on my FB page - FB ad campaign perhaps?

I am now in the process of going out on the town and handing out brochures and cards to busy medical clinics. One of which has 8 doctors and would like to bring me in a day / week to deal with patient referrals w/n the clinic itself.

For one reason or other, I feel there are other things I can be doing to help build my referral trough. I am just not sure how, or if I have a bit of a blindspot (hoping the community here can help with that).

Secondly,

my other vein is Relationships (specifically codependency and attachment). My website is lighthousecounselling.ca and to anyone who takes a look the copy is relationship centric. I have JUST started getting people contacting me through my site - albeit at a considerably slow trickle. I am also as of last month on 2 counselling directories included Psychology Today (nice ROI so far as the first 6 months are free and I've gotten 1 client and 2 inquiries in this time).

I do have an avatar of sorts of my ideal client; the one who would be in need of my services and I'd be interested in working with. This is how I basically wrote the copy of my website's front page.

I have different types of hard media - a brochure which is trauma centric (I give this mainly to medical doctors), a business card and postcard advert that are more relationship centric.

I typically introduce myself to doctors as being a car accident trauma therapist, but also make mention that I also help relieve people of their relationship related distress.

I know maybe having a podcast or some regularly generated content would help with my visibility. Of course content matters so keeping it concise and informative is critical. Perhaps at this point as my time is spread so thin would be to use something like hootesuite and post useful articles on my social media until I can write more of my own original content?

Is there anything else I can be doing to more actively market myself and build this referral trough/network at a quicker pace?

Any input is appreciated.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

E-Sharp

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
245%
Jun 9, 2015
Public speaking. Lots of groups (private clubs, hobby groups, schools, university clubs or departments, businesses) hold meetings and want guest speakers on different topics. Provide a brief version of what they will get when they come see you as a client - that way you show the value rather than just talk about it.

I would also consider speaking to professional networks or societies at their events, as other professionals in your own field can be a great referral source. Or allied professionals, what are their events?

That's what I would do. Presenting something to 25 people in a room is better than cold-calling 25 people one at a time.

Last edited:

focusedlife

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Mar 16, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
@jb5150 - I dig the cold outreach.

I'd recommend a multi pronged approach.

Something that I typically do for clients is setup a cold outreach campaign that incorporates multiple outreach methods.

Something like a cold email campaign that simply adds value (no selling).

If the prospect views your information, those that have done so a few times get priority.

They're the ones that get phone call follow ups.

Usually the folks that have viewed your content a couple of times, but have not gotten in touch with you (but they didn't list your email as spam, either), are curious, interested, but still skeptical and need more information before giving you money.

The more you can do to alleviate their fear, give them value and communicate with them, the more likely they are to engage in a discovery conversation with you and, eventually a resistance free sale (if that so happens).

Get at me if you want some ideas on strategy on how you might do this.

I typically use Mailshake for cold email outreach.

I use a voice blast follow up service and I'm also keen on snail mail and not afraid to cold call when I've got a game plan.

Hope that was helpful.

MitchM

Act. Then Adapt.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Nov 15, 2016
Atlanta, GA
Interesting that I see this now. I'm currently trying to help my father market his OBGYN private practice. He just opened again so it's like he was never in business and is having trouble getting traffic. It doesn't help that he is in a very small area.

I figure that direct mail and maybe phone calls might be the best way to do it. Also, if he can offer any sort of promotion that would probably help a lot.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.