The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello There

Bones81

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jul 29, 2019
I'm a 38 year old investment banker looking to transition from the slowlane to the fastlane. Really tired of the corporate grind and looking to take control of my life and reshape it into something much more satisfying and enjoyable. While the slowlane has provided me with a decent amount of wealth up to this point, I'm generally unhappy with where I live and what I do. It's time to start planning my fastlane exit from the corporate world and pursuing a plan that lets me live life on my terms.

I'm looking forward to learning and contributing to these forums.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Check out @GuitarManDan 's posts, he came from a NYC investment banker background and ditched it all to move to AZ. Welcome aboard!

GuitarManDan

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
678%
Feb 28, 2017
NYC
I'm a 38 year old investment banker looking to transition from the slowlane to the fastlane. Really tired of the corporate grind and looking to take control of my life and reshape it into something much more satisfying and enjoyable. While the slowlane has provided me with a decent amount of wealth up to this point, I'm generally unhappy with where I live and what I do. It's time to start planning my fastlane exit from the corporate world and pursuing a plan that lets me live life on my terms.

I'm looking forward to learning and contributing to these forums.

Hey man, feel free to private message me, I don't want to write a novel on here haha.. I'm 28 now and I was working at a few well-known investment banks on Wall Street in NYC for about 5 years before leaving it all to start my own SEO/web design business.

Even though it's miserable, it's a huge advantage that you are in a similar position that I was in (had a good amount saved up) which allowed me to take the calculated risk to switch things up in a major way in my life.

Bones81

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for all the replies! While the long hours and high stress of banking have taken their toll, it has provided me with some dry powder for business investments. It also gives me a nice cushion in a period of reduced / no income to start or grow a business without having to worry about how the bills are going to get paid.

Near term plan is to do a lot of reading and research; try to get a feel for what types of ideas or businesses are best suited for my skill set (or what I think I could learn) and personality.

I'm also doing a lot of research on buying a business. My credit risk and financial analysis background puts me in a good spot to be able to dig into financial statements and conduct due diligence. There are a lot of baby boomers out there with solid fastlane businesses who are looking to sell and retire. The research is also interesting because it gives you an idea of businesses that are successful and what kind of money they can generate. As expected, lots of construction, manufacturing, and equipment services businesses for sale out there.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
Welcome.

I struggled to make a career in the asset management industry in Singapore and hence I switched to financial sales (self-employment). I am turning 31.

How was the bottles and models for the last 15 years? :) Some of my friends in IB complained that they only got coffee bottles and excel models.

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Welcome to the forum!

Having money is always great. I would suggest your first step to be incorporation, so you can start making your moves through the business and not as a sole proprietor.

Best,
Champion

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
Welcome :) A few people have posted about buying businesses. It's worth a read through some of those threads. I also think it is a good way to go... sometimes it's easier to fix problems than start something out of thin air.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...