The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello from Spain!

aespinosa

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Jun 23, 2016
Hello,

my name is Adrian, I'm 23 years old and I live in Madrid (Spain). I currently work in a 9-5 as a software developer.

I came here after starting reading the Millionaire Fastlane (I still haven't finished). I have read other similar books, so I'm not entirely lost on the subject and I'm already enlightened.

My goal is to have financial freedom and have money work for me, or at least with little maintenance.
I'm still learning, but I'm involved with forex trading and investing in stocks (interested in the dividends).

I love trading, but it's a slow path if you don't have a big account. Perhaps someday I could set up a business related to trading / trading education, but right now I'm not in that position.

Regarding the fastlane, I still don't know what to do, don't have any idea. I'm willing to put the work, I'm getting overwhelmed, as I'd like to start asap, because I feel I'm in a good position. I still live with my parents and I save most of my monthly income. But in two or three years, I will probably move with my gf to our first home (rented of course) and probably around 31 or 32, we would start thinking about kids. All this implies less money, and less time.
I've been trying to find some ideas, researching and such, but it's like my brain is dead for that matter. Still, I can't give up. Too tired of the rat race.

Hope this forum serves me as an inspiration for being greater each day, find some ideas and find like minded people.

Thank you very much for everything.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Torobaro

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Mar 30, 2016
Spain
Hello,

my name is Adrian, I'm 23 years old and I live in Madrid (Spain). I currently work in a 9-5 as a software developer.

I came here after starting reading the Millionaire Fastlane (I still haven't finished). I have read other similar books, so I'm not entirely lost on the subject and I'm already enlightened.

My goal is to have financial freedom and have money work for me, or at least with little maintenance.
I'm still learning, but I'm involved with forex trading and investing in stocks (interested in the dividends).

I love trading, but it's a slow path if you don't have a big account. Perhaps someday I could set up a business related to trading / trading education, but right now I'm not in that position.

Regarding the fastlane, I still don't know what to do, don't have any idea. I'm willing to put the work, I'm getting overwhelmed, as I'd like to start asap, because I feel I'm in a good position. I still live with my parents and I save most of my monthly income. But in two or three years, I will probably move with my gf to our first home (rented of course) and probably around 31 or 32, we would start thinking about kids. All this implies less money, and less time.
I've been trying to find some ideas, researching and such, but it's like my brain is dead for that matter. Still, I can't give up. Too tired of the rat race.

Hope this forum serves me as an inspiration for being greater each day, find some ideas and find like minded people.

Thank you very much for everything.

Welcome Adrian!! this forum will change your life

Don´t worry if at the beggining you find it hard, you´ve already started and that´s the secret to getting ahead!

#nowhere

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jan 29, 2016
Germany
Hi Adrian,

another European guy around here! :)
Don't worry. You'll get valuable insights regarding the questions mentioned above if you study thoroughly.
Btw. Did you read TMF ?

Nice to have you here, and recardos from Germany. If you've any problem.... Just shoot me a PM!

See you soon

Kai

illmasterj

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Jan 19, 2016
1360m
Hey Adrian. If you don't know what to do, keep coding. You're in an industry with demand, so learn as much as you can and begin to move away from the 9-5. I know some very successful "quick slowlaners" that work ~25 hours a week on serious money. Though that might not be the end game for you, it may be what you need while you're trying to figure out how to get into the fastlane.

All the best!

aespinosa

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Jun 23, 2016
Hi Adrian,

another European guy around here! :)
Don't worry. You'll get valuable insights regarding the questions mentioned above if you study thoroughly.
Btw. Did you read TMF ?

Nice to have you here, and recardos from Germany. If you've any problem.... Just shoot me a PM!

See you soon

Kai

Thank you very much!! :)

Welcome Adrian, good to see someone else from Spain!
Oh great!! We should network :) I'll send you later a PM

Hey Adrian. If you don't know what to do, keep coding. You're in an industry with demand, so learn as much as you can and begin to move away from the 9-5. I know some very successful "quick slowlaners" that work ~25 hours a week on serious money. Though that might not be the end game for you, it may be what you need while you're trying to figure out how to get into the fastlane.

All the best!

I've thought about it, but I'm not very good at programming, and to succeed in freelance programming you have to be very good!! Besides, to be honest I don't enjoy it anymore. Thank you very much for the advice anyway, it's indeed a posibility!!

illmasterj

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Jan 19, 2016
1360m
I've thought about it, but I'm not very good at programming, and to succeed in freelance programming you have to be very good!! Besides, to be honest I don't enjoy it anymore. Thank you very much for the advice anyway, it's indeed a posibility!!

Unfortunately, I disagree that you have to be very good. haha But yes, if you want to do well you should always be at the top of your game.

What sort of software development do you do then?

aespinosa

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Jun 23, 2016
Unfortunately, I disagree that you have to be very good. haha But yes, if you want to do well you should always be at the top of your game.

What sort of software development do you do then?
Thanks!

I currently focus on web and backend development, specially with Python.

Still, I'll save freelance programming as a possible option, but for that I'll have to leave my job and I rather not do that yet. Need the money for investing!

WebWizards

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 27, 2016
Europe
"I currently work in a 9-5 as a software developer."

lucky you. This makes stuff alot easier.
Kinda feel werin the same situation

illmasterj

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Jan 19, 2016
1360m
but for that I'll have to leave my job and I rather not do that yet. Need the money for investing!/QUOTE]

The majority on this site started their side jobs/businesses while working 9-5. Just depends how hungry you are.

DWX

Getting on with it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Nov 19, 2015
UK
Bienvenido, amigo!

This is a great forum that's full of wisdom. Soak in the knowledge, discover your Fastlane path, network with great people. You won't regret it.

All the best

mayana

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Apr 26, 2011
Georgia, USA
¡Bienvenido al foro!

Welcome! You sound like you are off to a good start. If you haven't already, make sure to read The Millionaire Fastlane , and spend some time reading the gold and legendary threads here. You'll eventually spot a need and find a way to fill it.

It's good to have you here :)

Dimmer

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Apr 2, 2016
Barcelona
¡Bienvenido al foro!

Welcome! You sound like you are off to a good start. If you haven't already, make sure to read The Millionaire Fastlane , and spend some time reading the gold and legendary threads here. You'll eventually spot a need and find a way to fill it.

It's good to have you here :)
Thanks a lot!
I actually registered some months ago after I read the book, but then I started studying how to code, and now I'm starting my journey.

I was looking for like minded people to support each other in this journey while I'm surrounded by sidewalkers!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...