The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello from PA!

Shades

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 8, 2011
Well im 25 and have always known that I didnt want to work for anyone because that just wouldnt get me where I want to be.

After a few crap jobs out of high school I started a business servicing pools about 4 years ago. Ive been able to live off the money from my business while only having to actually work about 5-6 months out of the year. So to me that was a good start especially considering when I started I heard all the typical stuff from my family who are all life long slaves to their jobs and think starting a business or getting rich is a fairy tale or for the lucky people.

Then about two months ago I read MJs book and it flipped my thought process upside down. Even though I had my own small business I was still trading MY time for money and basically still had a job. Having true financial freedom from just this pool business would be quite difficult considering my limited reach.

So while I will still continue this business and build it, I look to be able to hire a few people in a year or two to do all the work yet still have this as an income stream.

I recently started a real estate website as my first attempt at something with a little more fastlane potential. Its a niche that has been done before with success but I feel my site can be better and far cleaner and easier to use then theirs. I guess the hard part for me is overcoming my own laziness and actually doing all the work necessary. But I know to get where I want to be it is going to take a lot of effort and im willing to do it. I have a lot to learn and look forward to interacting with everyone on this forum with like minded goals.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

taichijedi

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Feb 22, 2008
Philadelphia
Welcome Shades!! I'm from right near Philly!! Hope you have a great time.

Knowledge Kick

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jan 16, 2009
New Jersey
Hey Shades,

Welcome to the forum. You're already 10 steps ahead of most people who are getting started. You have the right mindset and you're putting things into action. Good luck and I hope you stick around.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ferrari Girl

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Apr 3, 2011
Welcome! I am glad you are here and already on the fast lane! It does take effort, but working crap jobs forever will take a lot more effort and not get you anywhere, so you definitely made a wise decision!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome shades, great to have another person here who is out in the trenches of entrepreneurship doing stuff.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...