The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello from Kansas City!

odai

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 4, 2013
Kansas City
Hi! My name is Odai (oh-day), I'm 20 years old, and I live in the Kansas City area. I read The Millionaire Fastlane a few months ago, recently re-read it, and am eagerly looking for more information - so I came here.

My Backstory

I've always been smart, but up until I graduated from high school, I was never very ambitious and had no plans on what to do after graduation. I got a job shuffling papers at a major insurance provider and went to community college, for lack of a better plan.

That job... tear-inducing, soul-crushing boredom. The horror :nonod:

I can remember the moment, one day at work, when it finally clicked. I was working this job because of poor choices in the past, because I didn't plan, and if I didn't start working on my future, I was only going to get more of the same. So, I started planning and seeking knowledge, and decided to become rich.

It was on Quora that I first heard about The Millionaire Fastlane . I bought it on a whim... and boy, am I glad I did! :D Finally, an author who "got it"! All these other authors promising me "to be the richest guy in the retirement home", I knew I didn't want that, but finally I found someone who understood that and offered an alternative.

My Future Plans

I've got a good end-game plan, and something of a mid-game plan. That is, I know how I'll turn a few million into a continuous stream of income (real estate, blue chip stocks, franchising), and a vague idea of how to get those millions (web platform), which I'm trying to make more defined.

My bigger problem is the early-game plan. I'm currently unemployed with a few thousand in savings, and while I'm loathe to get another job, being in negative-cash flow is no fun. I'm thinking of getting into import arbitrage (from a post on these forums, actually), or possibly freelance work (I'm a self-taught WordPress developer).

Outside of money, I'm working on my health - I'm in great health, but I'd like to become a bodybuilder. My post-fastlane plans include getting married, traveling the world with friends, and donating more to charity. I'm still figuring that stuff out.

That felt very good to write. I've been wanting to talk about this stuff for months, but nobody I know really "gets it", completely. Anyway, thanks for reading my story, and I hope to be a valuable contributor (and learner).

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RBefort

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Sep 14, 2012
Welcome, man! I live in Merriam currently and ironically, work for an insurance provider right now--------> BOREDOM! Glad to hear another in the area thinking the same way. Keep the forum/me updated on your progress. Might motivate me even more to get off my a$$.

odai

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 4, 2013
Kansas City
I grew up around that area. Lived up by the airport for a while. Welcome.

Thanks! It's a nice city and all, but I definitely don't want to spend the rest of my life here.

Welcome, man! I live in Merriam currently and ironically, work for an insurance provider right now--------> BOREDOM! Glad to hear another in the area thinking the same way. Keep the forum/me updated on your progress. Might motivate me even more to get off my a$$.

Wow, what a coincidence! It might be the same company, since they're a really big employer around here. They're a good company and I appreciate what they do, but man, I do not want to be doing that for 40 more years.

I actually had a recurring nightmare last night, about being trapped on the Sidewalk the rest of my life. So hopefully I'll be motivated to get some real work done today.

RBefort

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Sep 14, 2012
I'm not afraid to say it...I work at Metlife. Like what you said, appreciate what they do, and I find a lot of awesome business concepts in the big meetings we have; but the work isn't for fastlane-minded people.

funkj25

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Dec 5, 2011
Hey, another KC native, glad to have you on the boards.

I'm with you there, lived here all my life (north of the river growing up now south of the river) and I'd definitely like to live somewhere more temperate for a while.

Looking forward to seeing what kind of Fastlane business you get going.

odai

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 4, 2013
Kansas City
Hey, another KC native, glad to have you on the boards.

I'm with you there, lived here all my life (north of the river growing up now south of the river) and I'd definitely like to live somewhere more temperate for a while.

Looking forward to seeing what kind of Fastlane business you get going.

Thanks! I'd like to live near the beach in the future for sure. I've been doing business research all day, might be time to actually put some money in.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...