The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello from California - Almost to the Fastlane!

DanTheMan

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Jun 3, 2013
Hey guys and gals,

Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Dan - 28 years old from California!

I've been involved in affiliate marketing since early 2007. I have a little bit of experience in a lot of areas such as PPC, cost per view, media buys, Facebook PPC, etc.... But my main source of traffic to my network of affiliate sites has been SEO.

I've learned a lot of the years, but I feel that my foundation is built on sand. On 3 different occasions since 2011, my business has literally went from $60k+ per month to $5-10k per month overnight. Since 85% of the traffic to my sites rely on Google, a sudden change to Google's search algorithm is all it takes to wreck havoc on my sites and my monthly cash flow.

I've come to the realization that affiliate marketing is more of a "hustle" or a highly-paid "occupation" - rather than a real business. I have no real product of my own, no email list, etc.... No real business assets that can flourish outside of Google's traffic stream. In fact, I've been spending all these years helping other people grow their businesses and brands!

Now that I've rebuilt my "business" for the 4th time now and holding steady around the $60k a month mark - I'm ready to start focusing on my own brand, my own product(s), and diversifying my income as much as possible. It's a scary feeling not knowing if my site's rankings will still be there tomorrow morning when I wake up.

I just finished reading The Fastlane Millionaire, and it's really given me a new perspective on life as well as business. I look forward to networking with like-minded people and learning as well as contributing as much as possible!

Dan

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
I work with Dan the Man. Any relation ? Lol.

Welcome ! You're gonna like it here. Control IS a big issue. I worked for 3 companies that went out of business and I always hated the fact that I was unemployed because some idiots made the wrong decisions.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Add me to that list.
Took me a while too to realize I didn't really have a real business with the affiliate thing.
Now that I've rebuilt my "business" for the 4th time now and holding steady around the $60k a month mark - I'm ready to start focusing on my own brand, my own product(s), and diversifying my income as much as possible.

You know what really impresses me is that you guys are highly successful AM'ers. You could easily come here and say, "This MJ is full of shit, I made $60K last month! Not Fastlane!? Yea right!"

Instead, you see the true nature of what I was trying to communicate in my book about income and asset values, and building a business that survives outside of your own time.

I usually get a lot of flack about my stance on AM, usually from the guys who aren't making shit. Somehow they interpret this to mean "you can't make money doing AM!" which we know isn't true.

I just want to say that I appreciate it.

Glad to have another action-taker on the board who knows how to make $.

Welcome to the forum. :tiphat:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...