The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  • Sell-Me Saturday is Now Live!

Have something to sell? Like to post a video from your YouTube channel? Want to promote your design service? Recommend a company? SELL-ME SATURDAY is your opportunity to self-promote whatever you'd like within the realm of entrepreneurship on one central thread... and at no cost. Go There
    Note: Indiscriminate SEO backlinking to questionable material is not allowed.
  • Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs who are earning their freedom and living their dream.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The C.E.N.T.S Framework outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED®). From multimillionaires to digital nomads to side hustlers who are grinding a job, the Fastlane Forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses with one goal in mind: Freedom— both financial and temporal.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane) Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block.

Hello from an Aspiring Real Estate developer extraordinaire :-)

Midrange

New Contributor
Feb 25, 2008
Forest Hills, NY
Hey guys, what up?! :)

I'm Fellippe, a 28 year old Electrical/Fire Protection Engineer from Queens, NY. I design electrical power and fire alarm systems for commercial and residential (condo/co-op) buildings, while others in my firm design plumbing, sprinkler, HVAC systems.

I just received an MBA in Finance last year and am proud to announce I am officially done with schooling. :smx1:

As far as my history goes, I can remember back in 1996 in my junior year of high school convincing myself that one day I will eventually be financially successful to the degree that could afford me all of my desires (at the time, Ferraris and Lamborghinis). I've accepted this as a reality for the last 12 years in my head at the very least, even if I haven't made a ton of progress.

A few years ago I decided that around 2007/2008 when I was done with school and all this stuff that I was going to get into real estate development. It genuinely, 100% excited me and I look forward to working with a major developer this year to learn the business.

I intend to work another 2-3 years so I can learn the finance and feasibility side of development....I'm already familiar with the design and construction end. That's my game plan right now....nothing set in stone, but since I've invested several years already I feel I could invest a few more.

I'm always open to investment ideas outside the box...and that's why I'm here. I wish to learn a lot from you guys. Real Estate development is a dominant long term venture but seems hard to make a lot of money in 5-10 years time (to my knowledge...maybe I'm short changing myself ;) ).

Anyone here who needs engineering advice related to construction, I can be of help or put you in contact with someone who will. :)

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
Re: Hello from an Aspiring Real Estate developer extraordinaire :

Welcome! I'm not too far from you (North Jersey), and my ultimate goal is to end up in Real Estate Developing as well. Glad to have ya here!

OP
OP
M

Midrange

New Contributor
Feb 25, 2008
Forest Hills, NY

Welcome! I'm not too far from you (North Jersey), and my ultimate goal is to end up in Real Estate Developing as well. Glad to have ya here!
Thanks!

Should be fun....development seems exciting. :)

What city are you from? Northern NJ is nice...

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD

Thanks!

Should be fun....development seems exciting. :)

What city are you from? Northern NJ is nice...
One of the Essex County suburbs. I don't wanna get too specific on here, but I'll let you know on AIM sometime if you're really that interested. :) (or if you're just curious)

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ

Welcome sir!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom