The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello Fastlaners

Notlately

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Jan 8, 2019
Dublin, Ireland
I have already been poking around the forum a bit, reading some gold threads and people's annual updates. I am very impressed. So much inspiration and selfless generosity in here. Well done to MJ and all of you.

I am 48 so I'm guessing I'm probably in the top 1% age wise in this forum. I've been a slowlaner for most of the last 30 years. I'm an accountant by profession, so I've never really had any difficulty finding reasonably well paid jobs. I've mainly worked in corporate finance. I never enjoyed it that much. I can do the job, I'm good at it, but I could never take the corporate bullshit seriously. I just couldn't swallow it.

However I did get a taste for creating a business from 2004 to 2013. I joined a recent startup, 3rd person in the door. After a year, business was growing, the co-founders brought me in as a 20% partner along with a 4th person. I loved it. We were creating something of value, our customers loved us. The four partners initially worked well together, but at some point that changed. The co-founders (60%) started making decisions on their own. The lies began. I should have walked then, but circumstances prevented me. Eventually they ran the company into the ground. It went bust in 2013. In the final months I worked for free, living off savings so by the time the end did come I was flat broke,

But now is not the time for your tears. What happened to me is my fault. Sure, they were liars and cheats, but I knew that two years before the end. I should have walked.

Going bust sent me scurrying back to slowlane employment, but I had gotten a taste. Starting my own business was always at the back of my mind. I did 5 years in the slowlane rebuilding savings. I quit that job a year ago, but have been working for them part time on a consulting basis since then, though that is now coming to an end.

I do not want another job. I'm 48. I know this is my last chance to switch lanes and break free.
I'm sick of working jobs that I care nothing about
I'm sick of feeling dissatisfied
I'm tired of feeling disappointed in myself

I finished The Millionaire Fastlane a couple of days ago. It blew my mind. Jigsaw falling into place.

I know I have lots of slowlane conditioning that needs to be beaten and banished. 100% I've been guilty of shortcut searching, formula hunting and money chasing.

But I'm ready to change
I am already changing
The gears are shifting
I can never go back

I'm excited to be here. I'm also nervous as hell of what lies ahead.
Thank you in advance for your help and generosity.
I will repay it whenever and however I can.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...