The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello Everyone! Time for me to get out of being parked!

EvoX1014

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Apr 19, 2016
Hello Fastlaners!! my name is Pedro (21 years old) currently working as a catering manager over in Houston TX, I had finished reading the MLF about 6 months ago and joined the forum at the same time trying to get inspired by new ideas and new perspectives which this forum does a great deal in providing that! I tried my own methods of hustling for extra money by doing extra work at my job, fixing computers on the side, and my attempt at selling on amazon and Ebay which failed miserably. I have done a great deal of research on ecommerce, dropshipping and even the stock market but i can never seem to focus on one thing. Selling on amazon or ebay is going to be my starting point again with a new niche but the fear of failing again has crippled me for the moment.
I am a father who goes to school full time as well working for B.S in computer science, learning to code myself on the side with ideas of getting into app development or creating my own website with any of the millions of ideas I have in my head. If anything my main struggle is time management and the ability to stick with one thing at a time as i tend to jump around from idea to idea.... so really looking for some input from some of you who work around a busy schedule and manage to be productive whenever possible? Motivation is another big issue, I have my goals in mind and I know what i want to do with my life as far as being able to be financially dependent and be my own boss, but distractions come in such as Netflix and games that I find myself saying I need a break. So this is me trying to dig myself out of that hole and trying to get out there to finally start committing myself into the Fastlane approach!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
re: Time Management

I have probably the busiest schedule of anyone I know in real life. Time management is key for me.

I think time management is as much about managing your emotions as it is your actual "to do" list.

So the key to time management and actually being productive is habits. Another word closely related to "habit" is "process"

Build a daily process that includes the things that are important in your life and for your financial goals. This includes fun stuff.

"all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy"

For me that looks like (in order of importance):

1) Fitness
2) Kids
3) Fastlane
4) Wife
5) Socializing

So I schedule all of those things. I schedule time with my kids. I schedule time to workout. I schedule time to take my wife out (she doesn't know she is "scheduled", to avoid hurt feelings all she knows is that I make plenty of time for her)

I'm big into "cues" too. A cue is the start of a habit. Chances are you have a cue that tells you to play video games. You can use cues to your advantage though. Here's some examples:

I workout in my home gym. The cue to get into "lifting mode" is making myself a protein drink. When I first started lifting, I struggled for motivation, but I made myself the protein drink every time. Now, whenever I make the drink, my body switches over to workout mode without my even thinking about it. It's a habit, a process. I just follow the process.

I'm a college student with online classes. I make myself a green tea before I sit down to do my schoolwork. Same as the example above. I'll be in a brain fog and think "there is no way I can write that essay right now" Make the teas and boom! my brain clears and I have no trouble with the schoolwork.

Read this book: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HGKNBDK/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

and this book: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0055PGUYU/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

Between the two, you'll discover the power of the habit process.

You should be seeking habit and process NOT motivation and productivity. If you manage your brain correctly with habits, motivation and productivity will just happen by themselves. It's all about the execution of process!

EvoX1014

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Apr 19, 2016
Thanks a lot for that it is true that all I've been thinking about is just having to do something but never making a habit of it but going to take the first step, got my planner and going to fill it with everything I want to do for the week and see if I can keep it up by making habits and ill start reading those books! Thanks

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Hello Pedro and welcome. Thank you for the intro.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...