The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello and thank you

Valhalla

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Mar 6, 2019
Hello everyone, I am a long haul airline pilot living what many have seen as a blessed life. What they've seen as flying a big jet, going to beautiful cities and making good money, I have felt as a real trade-off in being away from my young family, deteriorating health and facing a complete lack of control of my life. While not exactly the slowlane depicted in TMF , I recently read Unscripted and it resonated heavily with me; much more than it did when I first read TMF years ago. Having just spontaneously put in my 3 months notice after 12 years, I read unscripted and realized holy F*ck, I had a F*ck this event! It made me feel at peace with my decision to leave a job I had worked so hard to get to pursue a life built on entrepreneurship and living according to my own values. Reading the book and the posts on this forum have given me the confidence in what is possible if I apply my time, effort and talent to something that matters steered in a direction I want. While I have been running side businesses now for a number of years, the concepts in the books have given me a better perspective as to their utility (or futility) and value creation . I'd be lying if I said I wasn't horrified by the uncertainty lying ahead but it's given me more energy than I've had in years. I appreciate how open everyone is on this forum and hope I can contribute in a meaningful fashion. Thank you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

NMdad

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Aug 6, 2017
New Mexico
Welcome to the tribe! How can we help you?

Offhand, I'd venture to guess that your experience & expertise as a long-haul pilot could be a gold mine of ideas & opportunities.

Valhalla

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Mar 6, 2019
Welcome to the tribe! How can we help you?

Offhand, I'd venture to guess that your experience & expertise as a long-haul pilot could be a gold mine of ideas & opportunities.

Thanks very much. My primary idea revolves around that experience, what is the appropriate way to share business ideas and get feedback on the forum? Would love to hear your immediate thoughts of opportunities that came to you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

NMdad

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Aug 6, 2017
New Mexico
People of the forum tend to share generalities of their idea, rather than the exact idea. However, the more detail you share, the better the feedback you'll get. People tend to share more details on the INSIDERS section.

For the idea you're considering, does it meet CENTS criteria?

Valhalla

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Mar 6, 2019
Appreciate the help. As for the cents criteria, I am struggling with questions of scale for a service as well as barriers to entry. I will hop on the forums and hope to get some insight on how to tackle different components of setting this operation up correctly.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...