The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Heating Technology for Clothing

exclusives88

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
May 28, 2014
I've been researching alibaba, dhgate and called a couple of manufacturers to find heating technology for clothing. I am trying to implement a product that will need this technology.

So far, I've found this company: http://www.exo2theheatinside.com/markets/custom-application.html . However, the battery pack might be too bulky. I need the product to be as thin/light as possible as it will not be applied to a heavy jacket.

I'm also open for different fabric technology that will store your body heat. Something very similar to Columbia Omni - Heat Reflective material. http://www.columbia.com/technology-omniheatreflective/

Does anyone know of any other materials of manufacturers? I will make a progress thread soon after I can find a company that can supply this technology.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Turbo

Google/PPC Pro- making my clients $7 figures/mo
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
May 31, 2014
Dallas TX
If you could transform a sodium-acetate heat pack into an easy-to-use and custom fit into your clothing application you could potentially have a heat source without needing electricity and bulky batteries.

You boil the pack to recharge it. Maybe you could devise a way to heat it up with electrical current instead of boiling, then throw it into the clothing. Flex the disc to reactivate when it is time, to start the reaction and get the heat.
http://home.howstuffworks.com/question290.htm

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
Keep in mind that you're making an impression on two distinct industries: technology and fashion.
Techies will be like, "is this applicable?" Fashionistas will be asking "will I wear this?"

exclusives88

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
May 28, 2014
@Ninjakid There are no fashionable clothing that has heat technology. Maybe there is a reason but I'm willing to test the product with a prototype.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.