The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Headed to Phoenix for some INSPIRATION

Anything related to matters of the mind

TreyAllDay

Whatever it takes
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Feb 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Hello Everyone,

So I just thought I'd drop a post (as it's been a while) about my upcoming visit to Phoenix and the strategy I hope it will play in my Fastlane journey. I read MJ's book about 2 years ago and committed to becoming an entrepreneur, left my job a year ago and started my SASS with 6 months runway. My business now generates about $12,500 a month of extra income. I know it is not a lot, but for someone like myself with $900 of expenses a month and no debt, it is comfortable. However, I've been having trouble breaking the ceiling of around $12k per month. It's been a terribly cold, uninspiring winter here in Canada. Unfortunately, I'm someone who needs inspiration constantly to keep pushing the envelope and remember what is possible.

So in two weeks
I am headed to Phoenix to go live my dream life for 3 days. My long-time goal is to retire there (I've never been, but have been in the area) and I need it to be tangible. So I'm flying up in two weeks, renting a convertible and a beautiful condo/loft, gonna go look around the area at some houses, and live the life I want to have. Obviously this is doubling as a vacation, but I'm hoping that when I return to this shitty Canadian winter and my average condo, I'll be inpsired to take it to the next level.

If anyone has any suggestions on what to do while I'm up there, let me know!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix
OHHHHHHH thank you for the clarification.

hahahahaaaaa, Yes @jon.a -thanks for that clarification, lol.

And yes, @TreyAllDay, if you're considering real estate down here (in the east valley) I'd be happy to show you around a bit. If interested, shoot me a PM with your email address & a few details & I can send some stuff out to you.

Anyone complaining about that summer weather is being ridiculous.

Admittedly, I complain about the heat by the end of September.... it's just like, enough already...

But if we didn't have these summer temps, we'd be a metro area of approximately 22M people... so... I'm okay with the heat.

Actual head shot on my business card:
7HkvBGg.jpg

Last edited:
G

Guest92dX

Awesome post.

What route did you take for your SaaS? customer first or product first?

Dude, I was just recently looking up Arizona. The weather is soooo nice there all year round.

Anyone complaining about that summer weather is being ridiculous. Everyday is an opportunity to sweat like you've never known.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
Thanks for clarifying on the "professional" part Jon. Lol. I'd definitely be interested in meeting up with any of the local fast-laners for lunch if any have the time. or @Red if you know of any local networking events going on that weekend. (20th-23rd)
@Red is a realtor

garyfritz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jul 16, 2011
Colorado
I read MJ's book about 2 years ago and committed to becoming an entrepreneur, left my job a year ago and started my SASS with 6 months runway. My business now generates about $12,500 a month of extra income. I know it is not a lot, ...
I'd say it's not bad !!! Zero to $12500 in a year, that is very (VERY) impressive. I'd love to hear any/all details you'd like to share.

I hear you about the frustration with your $12k/mo ceiling. That's just about where I've topped out too, but in my case I have very little Control over my major income source. I keep looking for other projects / activities to add to my portfolio but nothing has gelled yet.

BTW Phoenix is wonderful in the winter. I'm less of a fan in the summer, and you may have trouble adjusting, coming from north of the border. But I'd take 120°F Phoenix heat over -20°F Alberta cold ANY day!

OlivierMo

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Feb 12, 2018
Idaho
Awesome post.

Dude, I was just recently looking up Arizona. The weather is soooo nice there all year round.

Anyone complaining about that summer weather is being ridiculous. Everyday is an opportunity to sweat like you've never known.
Everyone's different. I used to say the same thing till I couldn't stand the SoCal sun burning my face every day and the lack of variety. I love nature's wrath in a way, clouds, lightnings, etc... as long as it doesn't create chaos. There's beauty in that too.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
Hook up (professionally) :) with @Red
Hello Everyone,

So I just thought I'd drop a post (as it's been a while) about my upcoming visit to Phoenix and the strategy I hope it will play in my Fastlane journey. I read MJ's book about 2 years ago and committed to becoming an entrepreneur, left my job a year ago and started my SASS with 6 months runway. My business now generates about $12,500 a month of extra income. I know it is not a lot, but for someone like myself with $900 of expenses a month and no debt, it is comfortable. However, I've been having trouble breaking the ceiling of around $12k per month. It's been a terribly cold, uninspiring winter here in Canada. Unfortunately, I'm someone who needs inspiration constantly to keep pushing the envelope and remember what is possible.

So in two weeks
I am headed to Phoenix to go live my dream life for 3 days. My long-time goal is to retire there (I've never been, but have been in the area) and I need it to be tangible. So I'm flying up in two weeks, renting a convertible and a beautiful condo/loft, gonna go look around the area at some houses, and live the life I want to have. Obviously this is doubling as a vacation, but I'm hoping that when I return to this shitty Canadian winter and my average condo, I'll be inpsired to take it to the next level.

If anyone has any suggestions on what to do while I'm up there, let me know!

TreyAllDay

Whatever it takes
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Feb 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Hook up (professionally) :) with @Red

Thanks for clarifying on the "professional" part Jon. Lol. I'd definitely be interested in meeting up with any of the local fast-laners for lunch if any have the time. or @Red if you know of any local networking events going on that weekend. (20th-23rd)

steelandchrome

Author of The Retail Leader Book.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Nov 6, 2016
Goodyear Az
Awesome post.

Weather is so nice there? It was 95 today, we skipped spring and went straight to summer.. [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

TreyAllDay

Whatever it takes
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Feb 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
hahahahaaaaa, Yes @jon.a -thanks for that clarification, lol.

And yes, @TreyAllDay, if you're considering real estate down here (in the east valley) I'd be happy to show you around a bit. If interested, shoot me a PM with your email address & a few details & I can send some stuff out to you.

Thank you for the offer, but I doubt at this time I'd be able to afford the kind of place I actually want, so wouldn't want to waste your time! But if you can recommend some areas to check out and get a vibe for some of the upper-end homes I should be striving for - let me know!

TreyAllDay

Whatever it takes
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Feb 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I'd say it's not bad !!! Zero to $12500 in a year, that is very (VERY) impressive. I'd love to hear any/all details you'd like to share.

I hear you about the frustration with your $12k/mo ceiling. That's just about where I've topped out too, but in my case I have very little Control over my major income source. I keep looking for other projects / activities to add to my portfolio but nothing has gelled yet.

BTW Phoenix is wonderful in the winter. I'm less of a fan in the summer, and you may have trouble adjusting, coming from north of the border. But I'd take 120°F Phoenix heat over -20°F Alberta cold ANY day!

Thank you for the compliment! I ended up utilizing as much of my previous network from my career as possible (which I didn't think I would). Pretty well all clients for my software are old colleagues or referred by old colleagues so I'm basically sort of maxing out my resources on that side. We're trying to amp up the online side of sales because, currently that $12.5k is among maybe 6 or 7 clients which although is good in some areas, is dangerously unstable in others (when one client leaving or going bankrupt can take 20% of your income away). However, the online is where I'm hitting the ceiling because I'm not sure if I can properly onboard customers without being there in person. So I'll keep working that problem!

I HAVE heard about the summer heat being almost unbearable though. I've been to palm springs in May and it was a bit uncomfortable and I imagine Phoenix has to be much hotter! I also haven't spent much time around the dry heat either, I'm used to the humid mexico heat.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.