The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Having difficulties finding problems on Twitter

A way of life

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Jul 3, 2018
Sweden
I have been having difficulties finding problems on Twitter when using #Ihate ,#Imtiredof etc and searching for "Why is this like this? , "I wish there was" etc. Anyone that has used Twitter to find problems got any ideas on how I could search better for better results.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

NMdad

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Aug 6, 2017
New Mexico
Sounds way too broad. I'd look for problems that people talk about within a specific niche--whether it's pontoon boaters, machine learning data cleansing, industrial ventilation, etc. Having a more specific focus will yield better problems to solve.

Tidder Jail

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Nov 21, 2018
Brazil
Sounds way too broad. I'd look for problems that people talk about within a specific niche--whether it's pontoon boaters, machine learning data cleansing, industrial ventilation, etc. Having a more specific focus will yield better problems to solve.
I agree with you, I've been looking at products on producthunt for some months to try to come up with some ideas, it works but I realized that that's not the best way to find problems. The best way is probably what you said, look for problems in a specific niche.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
I have been having difficulties finding problems on Twitter when using #Ihate ,#Imtiredof etc and searching for "Why is this like this? , "I wish there was" etc. Anyone that has used Twitter to find problems got any ideas on how I could search better for better results.

What's your expertise and background?

Get Right

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jul 16, 2013
Sunny Florida
From another thread:

I just logged into Twitter for you. Searched "Hate Dogfood". Flood of ideas.

Most repeated "hate" - "I hate getting dogfood on my hands"

Now, go get em.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
631%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
how to business

Arbitrage: take something that is cheap somewhere and make it expensive somewhere else. The essence of entrepreneurship. Buying soda at the store and selling it at your school. Hiring an employee that'll work for $15 an hour and get them to do work that produces $60 an hour for your business. Using your brain to become a middleman in some way.

Hopes and dreams: Giving people a better hammer to nail stuff with. Giving people an easier, faster, more entertaining, less painful way to do stuff. Giving people what they want or didn't even know they needed.

Leverage: selling water to people on fire. Buying properties with all cash at auctions. Whoever has the gold makes the rules and charges interest. Banks have leverage. What leverage do you have?

Free party: Facebook, angies list, blog with ads, etc. get peoples attention and monetize it somehow. You don't need to sell things to people, you can sell people to businesses.

Now find a list of industries. Pick one.

Now write out the different entities that exist within those industries. Suppliers, retail, distributors, etc..

Now apply the principles above to those specific areas of specific industries.

my unprepared example off the top of my head:

*googles "list of industries"*
Alphabetical Listing of Industries | OpenSecrets

*sees "dentist"*

*writes out different parts of the dental business*

dentists need equipment

equipment manufacturers need to advertise and market to dentists

equipment manufacturers need to lower their costs of production

dentist places need to keep track of their appointments easily

dentists need to get more patients

patients want to find a good dentist for a good price

applying principles:

Free party:
Creating great software to manage customers and keep track of equipment and reorder it, but it is programmed to choose certain equipment manufacturers products/ machines as the default in exchange for a large fee from the manufacturers but making it free for dental practices to use, getting all of them to use it.

Hopes and dreams: Marketing solutions for dental practices to get more patients(low value), or equipment manufacturers to get more dental practice customers buying their stuff(high value). Or making software to handle parts of their business better and selling that.

Leverage: Starting a dental practice that is always on call for dental emergencies and charges a fortune. (doesn't seem like a great idea though)

Arbitrage: Lead service business designed for the dental industry?...

-----

idea:
Since you're looking up problems on twitter it's obvious your need is finding business ideas.

make a website that lists out all of the industries, you click on one and it shows you the different parts of that industry, you click on one and it shows the different principles of business and how they can be applied to that specific part of that industry to reveal good business opportunities and people can submit their own ideas using that framework.

People like you who are looking for business ideas would spend time on it trying to think of something to get into.

Attachments

• arbitrage.png
    arbitrage.png
    413.7 KB · Views: 27
  • hopes and dreams.png
    hopes and dreams.png
    457.2 KB · Views: 28
  • leverage.png
    leverage.png
    387.1 KB · Views: 26
  • the free party.png
    the free party.png
    466.9 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Sounds like a short easy way your trying to use for finding problems in society. A short-cut. I hope it works for you long-term. While you can take short-cuts, try to find answers fast, it leaves this idea, you may have to take steps backward at some point in time, because you didn't do the appropriate research. It's not rocket science to find problems in humanity. You can find it every day by talking and speaking to people. A key word might give you a few hints, but technically most business people do more than just put a hash tag in and see what comes up.

A way of life

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Jul 3, 2018
Sweden
Sounds like a short easy way your trying to use for finding problems in society. A short-cut. I hope it works for you long-term. While you can take short-cuts, try to find answers fast, it leaves this idea, you may have to take steps backward at some point in time, because you didn't do the appropriate research. It's not rocket science to find problems in humanity. You can find it every day by talking and speaking to people. A key word might give you a few hints, but technically most business people do more than just put a hash tag in and see what comes up.
I respect the harsh words thank you need more of it. This is my thought process maybe it's not the best what do I know I'm new. I read page 267 in unscripted and wanted to try what MJ DeMarco was telling. I was thinking about getting a lot of business problem this week so I could get some idea of what I'm going to do. I don't know what industry I'll start in or niche. I'm 20 and have little life experience and I see this as a first start to a long journey. Tips are appreciated if there are better ways to find problems. I have been looking for problems for 2 days now and found 3 of em that I could possibly turn to a business model. I thought i would get 200-300 this weekend may be hard. Any help to find more problems or another way of thinking would be gold for me. Again thank you for your words.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I respect the harsh words thank you need more of it. This is my thought process maybe it's not the best what do I know I'm new. I read page 267 in unscripted and wanted to try what MJ DeMarco was telling. I was thinking about getting a lot of business problem this week so I could get some idea of what I'm going to do. I don't know what industry I'll start in or niche. I'm 20 and have little life experience and I see this as a first start to a long journey. Tips are appreciated if there are better ways to find problems. I have been looking for problems for 2 days now and found 3 of em that I could possibly turn to a business model. I thought i would get 200-300 this weekend may be hard. Any help to find more problems or another way of thinking would be gold for me. Again thank you for your words.
I didn't mean to sound harsh. Just expand your horizons in different ways. There are many paths to the same goal.

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
OP walks into or calls a local business...

OP- “Hi, I’d like to speak to the owner please?”

Owner- “What can I help you with?”

OP- “I’m doing a school project for my business degree and we’re supposed to find out real problems that small business owners are facing in the 21st century. Would you mind contributing one real quick?”

Repeat 20 times.

Go back home and look at your list.

Find number one.

Execute.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.