The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Have you sold your services on Groupon?

Marketing, social media, advertising
G

Guest12120

It would be for laser hair removal. I think the offers would be for different areas 3-6 treatments. The problem is that after all the discounts and commissions she would be making only $25 per visit.

She offers many other treatments from Botox to some ultrasound fat blasting . So there are opportunities for upsells to other services.

G

Guest12120

My friend is considering selling her medical spa services on Groupon. She will have to discount her prices by 50% or so and Groupon will take another 50% in commission.

So even if she gets a ton of business from Groupon she won’t be banking. Unless, she can make these deal buyers return for more at a higher price point (or at least without paying any commission to Groupon).

I wonder if anyone used Groupon as a customer acquisition channel and was successful in creating repeat customers.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Do you know what kind of offer she'd be making?

I've bought many Groupons but have not used the entire offer. For example, "3 Sessions of $99" -- then I end up going once and forget about the rest. That can help soften the cost ... sure it's not a new customer, but it can lower the acquisition cost.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
I would advise to not use groupon.

Looking back the scheme that groupon
offered was just a hot air that sounded reasonable
and was totally not verified.

People who came with groupons to businesses
didn't come back for more services.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.