The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

OFF-TOPIC Have you seen this guy? Feel Good Video

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

bflbob

Bronze Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Speedway Pass
Jul 25, 2007
Endicott, New York, United States
Another 'Feel Good' Video

Dear Folks,

I must confess that I am sometimes tempted to judge a book by its cover. This fascinating movie clip is a most effective reminder NOT to do that!

Watch the faces of the judges as this guy walks out on the stage. You can almost see what they're thinking as they pre-judge the young man based on his looks and the fact that he is a cell phone salesman.

This is the story of a young man, someone like most of us, a common guy who works in a common job:

He is a person who measures himself against others, never really believing in his abilities or his worth.

Then one day, his passion outgrew his fears and he stepped onto a stage, a stage that took him into an entirely new world and out of his self imposed prison. Maybe this guy stopped believing what people told him for so many years and ultimately started listening to his passion.

Enjoy.

http://www.maniacworld.com/Phone-Salesman-Amazes-Crowd.html

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Merkin Man

Contributor
Jul 25, 2007
Williamsville, NY
Re: Another 'Feel Good' Video

Great find, Bob.

Nessun Dorma is one of the most beautiful songs ever composed. It brings tears to my eyes whenever I hear it.

andviv

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Re: Another 'Feel Good' Video

Incredible!!!!!
Rep++ You made my day!!!!!!
Great video.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
Re: Have you seen this guy?

Wow. Ghoosebumps. Good find...and to think he probably had trouble gathering the courage to even go there and compete.

michael515

Contributor
Aug 27, 2007

WOW!!! I think the comment lump of coal into a diamond sums up that one.

Allthingznew

Contributor
Aug 26, 2007

How is it that someone singing in a language you can't understand, can move you so?

andviv

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC

I already ordered his CD. I think it is impressive. Youtube has a lot of videos about him.
I am merging this thread as bflbob had already started one about the same guy, as a Feel Good Video

Redshft

Contributor
Nov 5, 2007
Greenville, NC
Oops, sorry about the repost. At least we brought the thread back in rotation to share the video some more.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
I've watched this a dozen times and it still gives me the chills ... and I don't even like opera! :notworthy:

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
His CD is now available for anyone wanting to buy.
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000UAE87Q/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top"]Amazon.com: One Chance: Music: Paul Potts[/ame]

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Allthingznew said:
How is it that someone singing in a language you can't understand, can move you so?

Emotion is a universal language. You can feel it.

-Russ H.

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
Man, even months later after I know what is coming I still get the chills. This stuff is powerful

australianinvestor

Bronze Contributor
Aug 4, 2007
Australia
I love opera, and this guy really pulled it out of nowhere. He looks very unassuming, obviously nervous, and despite that, moved forward. A great role model, indeed.

It's such a shame that they cut part of the song (right at the bit about the virginal princess, my favourite part, but that's just me ;-). The whole song's probably too long for TV, but cutting it cuts out a lot of the passionate language used, and lots of good music.

Pavarotti owned this song. His booming voice could fill auditoriums in one breath, and whisper in the next.

I have wanted to sing opera for a long time. Maybe I need to add this to my to-do list for this year. I'm confident in normal life, but have never sung, and honestly, it make me nervous to think about what's going to come out of my mouth when I try! However, I know I'll give it a go, and then improve it every step of the way.

andviv

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
They did not cut the song in editing.. he had to sing a shortened version as the participants had only a minute or minute and a half to present their talent. In the final show he dis sing the complete version, it is here

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_5W4t_CBzg"]YouTube - BGT FINAL -Paul Potts high quality video/sound[/ame]

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
Great post @Fox, very much appreciated! How can I reach out to you? I sent you a PM a while...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Hey @Lex DeVille ! Having some issues with the NOREGRETS code? Udemy thinks it has expired...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Are you looking for a new, lesser-known but potentially very lucrative source of leads to your...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
I read it yesterday, looks like a nice introduction for reading TFM or Unscripted. ; ) Also...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Just got off the phone with @LightHouse. Having just a 45 minute conversation with him has...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
@Kak Thanks for the reply. Whats interesting is that I have an idea that's been cooking which...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom