The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Have the fire to succeed...

GriffJ

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jan 12, 2021
Hi everyone, I'm Jo, from the UK

I've always, for as long as I remember, had a desire to achieve. First, this was to get the best grades or get promoted in my job, which I have done - I have 2 Masters degree and I work as the Head of HR for a large construction company....But for some reason this feeling was still there. After reading TMF and now Unscripted I've finally realised that this fire was trying to drive me towards adding value, building something, being creative and working for something rather than working for someone.

My Unscripted journey began a few years ago, I bought a property with the intention of living in it for a while and then renting it out, moving onto the next property - being a complete newbee and having no idea about Buy To Let mortgages, 25% deposits and stamp duty I fell flat on my face and ended up selling and now I am back into rented property...(expensive) lesson learnt!

You don't know what you don't know I guess but I have spent the last two years trying to fill the gaps in my knowledge on buy to let property in the UK, my idea is to build a business that helps people rent whilst saving up for their house deposit (or perhaps their fastlane venture!) This is still the ultimate goal and I have found myself a mentor who has a successful property businesses. If there are any UK based property entrepreneur out there, I would love to hear your stories!

Of course, property is an expensive starting point so to build up funds for the deposit I have two side hustles. The first, controversial as it may be, is OnlyFans - you can judge, but I enjoy it and all that money is going into savings. The second one, which I am in the process of setting up, is selling on Amazon - it is a big bulky product which is difficult to transport but is in high demand, it is not through FBA (too big and heavy) and I'm selling it with a downloadable video, to differentiate it in the market. The UK is not in a great place at the moment with shipping delays but I've just received the second sample (had to do some revisions/improvements) and I'm in the process of negotiating with a 3PL provider.

I've joined this forum, mainly because I find I struggle with the desert between lives and I want to spend my time wisely, learning from others.

Any advice, words of wisdom, feedback would be welcomed.
Jo :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome Jo, glad you enjoyed the books and found value in them!

The first, controversial as it may be, is OnlyFans - you can judge, but I enjoy it and all that money is going into savings.

Dare I ask?

No judgment, hey, if you can pull it off, why not.

If there are any UK based property entrepreneur out there

Interesting that I've been here 10+ years and I can't think of one UK property investor here. Lots of US folks, but not UK ... perhaps my memory is not working.

it is a big bulky product which is difficult to transport but is in high demand, it is not through FBA (too big and heavy) and I'm selling it with a downloadable video, to differentiate it in the market. The UK is not in a great place at the moment with shipping delays but I've just received the second sample (had to do some revisions/improvements) and I'm in the process of negotiating with a 3PL provider.

Sounds promising!

Again, welcome!

GriffJ

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jan 12, 2021
Thank you for the welcome!

Well I can be the first one :)