The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Have a record Label

dbelov275

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jul 7, 2017
Europe
I am a student in Ukraine. And I have been here for 6 years. I have had the opportunity to build an empire in music, however it almost doesn't yield us anything.
My best friend went for THE VOICE Ukraine and became a popular figure in the country and we have been able to meet with a lot of celebrities. We used the opportunity to organize concerts and shows etc. Foreigners who wants to do music always look up to us and come to meet us for counsel and advice. How do we use this platform to generate wealth. We just designed a logo for our record label but we don't know what next to do.
Have in mind that we are not wealthy.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Nicoknowsbest

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
396%
Mar 31, 2014
Austria
Interesting!

A recent thread that comes to mind is - What problem/needs can artists solve?

While I have no experience in this industry, some general questions might help?

How can you help these celebrities and get them as testimonials in return?

Have you found something they struggle with?

It seems like you built a great network of contacts. How can you use this network best?

Why not organize events for foreign musicians as a core business for now?

Gigi Rodgers

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
327%
May 30, 2017
Shanghai, China
I am a student in Ukraine. And I have been here for 6 years. I have had the opportunity to build an empire in music, however it almost doesn't yield us anything.
My best friend went for THE VOICE Ukraine and became a popular figure in the country and we have been able to meet with a lot of celebrities. We used the opportunity to organize concerts and shows etc. Foreigners who wants to do music always look up to us and come to meet us for counsel and advice. How do we use this platform to generate wealth. We just designed a logo for our record label but we don't know what next to do.
Have in mind that we are not wealthy.

This is the recurring trend that I have seen with many musicians and artists on YouTube that works. Do a combination, all of it, or one:
  • IT'S ALL IN THE VOLUME - Don't pump out a new song every month. Pump out a new song EVERY DAY. If not every day (fine) 2 a week - AT LEAST. How did Drake come up in the ranks so fast? Volume. He put out more work than anyone else.
    Was it all hot? Nope.
    But remember that all art is subjective. You may think a track is "meh", but some little girl on Musical.ly with a following of 100K may think it's FYAH! Make a video of it on her Musical.ly, then next thing you know you're trending in Texas, USA and that track gets 2K new downloads in 24 hrs.

• COVERS - It surprises me that more artists don't do this. If you can't create a new song (your brain just went "shmer" that day), remix someone else's song. Your boy who was on The Voice should have A LOT OF PRACTICE doing this and it's an AWESOME skill!
    You don't need a full band. Don't be professional. Bring it WAY DOWN to it's simplest parts.
    Get a guitar or a piano, a microphone or a room with that natural reverb, and do your version of the song.

• DISTRIBUTION. DISTRIBUTION. DISTRIBUTION. - A lot of people will do a social media blast on their profile page and be done with it. One of the most important things any brand or business can do is - DISTRIBUTION.
    You need to have an excel spreadsheet of ALL the music blogs, forums, and publications.
    Join the community. Participate in the community, regularly. Then post your music video in the community.

If it's a publication, build a relationship and reach out to the editor/blogger.

DM YouTubers and Instagrammers and Musical.ly Peeps with a following of 10K+ people and let them know about your music.
    AND DON'T be spammy about it!
    Come in genuine. Like and comment on some of their posts in advance. Then DM them.

Tell them to use your music in their videos for FREE.
    YES! FREE!

Because you are getting ACCESS to their audience of 10K+ loyal followers.
    Tell them if they put your song in their video, please note it in the video AND leave a link in the description so people can either buy it (or download that ONE TRACK for FREE) on Soundcloud, ITunes, Amazon Music, or whatever.

• INCENTIVES - This is a big one that, I believe, can have a great payoff. When a dvd movie comes out, a lot of people will wait for the Director's Cut set, because it has all those extra features that people want.
    What if you did the same thing for your music e.g., "Download this album and get the behind-the-scenes live concert of X at Y, the 3 hidden tracks that didn't make it onto the album, an AMA video with the artist, and more!"

I would pay extra for that.
If you decide to do, I would honestly say all of these, and you're music is good if not great - you're going to gain attention.
Influencers, brands, fellow musicians, etc. will want to collaborate with you. But first, you have to pump out the goods and get it out there into the world.

And that's my word. Hope that helps! ;)

G

Guest3722A

BrooklynHustle

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Apr 3, 2014
DMV
This is the recurring trend that I have seen with many musicians and artists on YouTube that works. Do a combination, all of it, or one:
  • IT'S ALL IN THE VOLUME - Don't pump out a new song every month. Pump out a new song EVERY DAY. If not every day (fine) 2 a week - AT LEAST. How did Drake come up in the ranks so fast? Volume. He put out more work than anyone else.
    Was it all hot? Nope.
    But remember that all art is subjective. You may think a track is "meh", but some little girl on Musical.ly with a following of 100K may think it's FYAH! Make a video of it on her Musical.ly, then next thing you know you're trending in Texas, USA and that track gets 2K new downloads in 24 hrs.

• COVERS - It surprises me that more artists don't do this. If you can't create a new song (your brain just went "shmer" that day), remix someone else's song. Your boy who was on The Voice should have A LOT OF PRACTICE doing this and it's an AWESOME skill!
    You don't need a full band. Don't be professional. Bring it WAY DOWN to it's simplest parts.
    Get a guitar or a piano, a microphone or a room with that natural reverb, and do your version of the song.

• DISTRIBUTION. DISTRIBUTION. DISTRIBUTION. - A lot of people will do a social media blast on their profile page and be done with it. One of the most important things any brand or business can do is - DISTRIBUTION.
    You need to have an excel spreadsheet of ALL the music blogs, forums, and publications.
    Join the community. Participate in the community, regularly. Then post your music video in the community.

If it's a publication, build a relationship and reach out to the editor/blogger.

DM YouTubers and Instagrammers and Musical.ly Peeps with a following of 10K+ people and let them know about your music.
    Come in genuine. Like and comment on some of their posts in advance. Then DM them.

YES! FREE!

Tell them if they put your song in their video, please note it in the video AND leave a link in the description so people can either buy it (or download that ONE TRACK for FREE) on Soundcloud, ITunes, Amazon Music, or whatever.

• INCENTIVES - This is a big one that, I believe, can have a great payoff. When a dvd movie comes out, a lot of people will wait for the Director's Cut set, because it has all those extra features that people want.
    What if you did the same thing for your music e.g., "Download this album and get the behind-the-scenes live concert of X at Y, the 3 hidden tracks that didn't make it onto the album, an AMA video with the artist, and more!"

If you decide to do, I would honestly say all of these, and you're music is good if not great - you're going to gain attention.
Influencers, brands, fellow musicians, etc. will want to collaborate with you. But first, you have to pump out the goods and get it out there into the world.

Love the energy of this response!

Would definitely try some of these if I were you, @dbelov275 ...

dbelov275

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jul 7, 2017
Europe
    Was it all hot? Nope.

YES! FREE!

O my God. Thank you so much for these brilliant ideas. Be sure that I am turning these words into action. I can't thank you enough.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.