The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Has anyone had issues from sharing their business ideas?

Idea threads

SammyT

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Aug 3, 2014
Jackson, Wyoming
I've noticed that for the most part people in this forum are very secretive about sharing their business ideas in their progress threads. I was thinking about starting a progress thread myself and in order to get the best feedback possible I want to share my idea but considering no one else shares their ideas it makes me a little nervous.

Has anyone had problems with people trying to steal their ideas? Or is the fear of sharing largely unfounded?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
IMPORTANT! - Why All The Secrecy? Here's Why...

Typically the greater the barrier to entry the less you need to worry about someone stealing the idea or copying your business. We do have a few progress threads on the inside where the product is shared. Maybe consider getting an INSIDERS's subscription and posting your progress thread there?

G

GuestUser450

For lots of lurkers, R&D means Ripoff and Duplicate. It comes with the territory - only share what you're comfortable having used as "inspiration".

You can minimize it by 1) Sharing on the Inside and 2) Detailing things like the hours of research, spreadsheets, cold calls to strangers, learning a skill from scratch and all the barriers to entry (value) you're creating so the bottom feeders tune out.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SammyT

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Aug 3, 2014
Jackson, Wyoming
IMPORTANT! - Why All The Secrecy? Here's Why...

Typically the greater the barrier to entry the less you need to worry about someone stealing the idea or copying your business. We do have a few progress threads on the inside where the product is shared. Maybe consider getting an INSIDERS's subscription and posting your progress thread there?

Yeah I was considering that as an option. There's a good chance you'll see me on the inside :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.